Surfacing work continuing at TTC

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
They could EASILY enclose it with lots of pretty plate glass so that you can still get those first glimpses of CCastle. :D

I am envisioning a sort of transportation atrium. Keep the fun topiaries and such. Making the TTC a destination unto itself would be nice.

With that said, I am going to file this post in the "Not In Your Wildest Dreams Victoria" folder.

lazyboy97o

This hypothetical parking garage complex would require a 6-to-8 lane highway to get from where the current MK toll booths are, past the GF and up to that location. Do you *really* think Disney is going to lay a highway right past the front door of their flagship hotel?

Not to mention tick off the people at Shades of Green and ruin the serenity of a good chunk of those golf courses.

-Rob
Shades of Green brings up the biggest potential block. That land was de-annexed from the Reedy Creek Improvement District and is also owned by the Department of Defense. Also, depending on what the land jt is proposing to use is currently being used for, Disney may have to also get permission from the Army Corps of Engineers.

I fail to see how a new parking deck is greener than an existing lot. A deck requires vastly more materials, and money, to build. There is all of the land that must be properly filled for the deck and access roads. Then there is all of that extra distance that all of those cars must now travel. So more materials + more pollution = greener?

MarkTwain

Shades of Green brings up the biggest potential block. That land was de-annexed from the Reedy Creek Improvement District and is also owned by the Department of Defense. Also, depending on what the land jt is proposing to use is currently being used for, Disney may have to also get permission from the Army Corps of Engineers.

I fail to see how a new parking deck is greener than an existing lot. A deck requires vastly more materials, and money, to build. There is all of the land that must be properly filled for the deck and access roads. Then there is all of that extra distance that all of those cars must now travel. So more materials + more pollution = greener?

I think he might be referring to the fact that less nature is being paved over to become parking lots.

And I would also like to see Disney use its land smarter and make better use of parking structures... just not in the manner JT is suggesting. I think some parking structures at DtD would be a great way to alleviate the almost perennially-filled parking situation.

EPCOT Explorer

I am envisioning a sort of transportation atrium. Keep the fun topiaries and such. Making the TTC a destination unto itself would be nice.

With that said, I am going to file this post in the "Not In Your Wildest Dreams Victoria" folder.

Oh, that sounds great. :lol: :eek:

Yeah, I'll file it away, too.... I should look into getting a filing cabinet, though.:lookaroun

happykid25

Just to wanted to add proof that parking garages don't have to be ugly. See attached link.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Darden_School_courtyard_UVa.jpg

This is the parking Garage at University of Virginia's Darden School of Business. I had the pleasure of parking there daily for almost 3 years and the whole structure is only for parking. Now granted this style isn't for Disney - definately fits into Thomas Jefferson's University, but just shows that garages don't have to be just concrete and can fit into the surroundings if the effort and money are applied.

trooper1917

They wouldn't be seen anymore than the one's at Uni are seen once you reach CW. And massive parking lots ain't exactly pretty...., much lower carbon footprint, greener and leaner, serious energy savings. Shall I keep going?

You had me until the "green" speil:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom