Suprising AP Merchandise Discount

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure if this is news of a new discount, news of an error, or news that I have missed an announcement of new AP perks, but here goes...

This evening at Epcot in the (for Florida) bitter cold, I purchased a scarf at Port of Entry (the west tower at World Showcase Plaza). As I always do, I asked the cashier if they give an annual pass discount. I was surprised when she said yes, as the advertised discounts on merchandise are limited to Downtown Disney and a couple others and do not include any locations in Epcot. I happily handed her my Premier Annual Pass, and she said "Ah, you get the Premium discount of 20%", which I did. The receipt bears the code "64 Premium AP Pass 20%".

I can't find anything on the internet suggesting such a discount exists, and have no idea whether it will be available to other or what other stores it may be available at, but there's the information. If anybody can explain, I'd love to hear it!

MissM

The trick is you have to ask. They don't/won't volunteer the information.
This is very true. And, some CM's are weird and want photo id proving you are the Passholder, others just glance at the pass and go on their way.

A Passholder email went out in November saying it was "extended" again (though according to the Passholder website, it ended back in September) property-wide. I posted the email back when I received it as a head's up.

Oh and it's 10% for ANY Passholder (Seasonal, AP, etc.) except PAP which is 20%.

sweetpee_1993

This is very true. And, some CM's are weird and want photo id proving you are the Passholder, others just glance at the pass and go on their way.

A Passholder email went out in November saying it was "extended" again (though according to the Passholder website, it ended back in September) property-wide. I posted the email back when I received it as a head's up.

Oh and it's 10% for ANY Passholder (Seasonal, AP, etc.) except PAP which is 20%.

Yep! I encountered a CM at EE's shop who tried to tell me my seasonal pass wasn't eligible. I politely had him look it up...then graciously accepted his apology. Sweet kid. :D

frank2271

Yep! I encountered a CM at EE's shop who tried to tell me my seasonal pass wasn't eligible. I politely had him look it up...then graciously accepted his apology. Sweet kid. :D

This happened to me with my Seasonal pass at the World of Disney, I told the lady that I have had this pass for many years and have received the discount all that time. She argued with me, so I asked her to get the manager. She didn't want to do that, so she gave me the discount with a warning to me that I'm not supposed to get a discount with a seasonal pass.

It hasn't happened since then.

MissM

This happened to me with my Seasonal pass at the World of Disney, I told the lady that I have had this pass for many years and have received the discount all that time. She argued with me, so I asked her to get the manager. She didn't want to do that, so she gave me the discount with a warning to me that I'm not supposed to get a discount with a seasonal pass.
I had this happen to me too but she did NOT give me the discount. She argued with me! I put in a complaint with Guest Services about how rude she was. I've since upgraded it to a full AP but it's such crap that some CM's act like a Seasonal isn't an AP. :mad:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Original Poster

Thank you so much for that reference. That email was sent about 12 days before I became a Passholder. Now I get it!

JimboJones123

Not sure if this is news of a new discount, news of an error, or news that I have missed an announcement of new AP perks, but here goes...

This evening at Epcot in the (for Florida) bitter cold, I purchased a scarf at Port of Entry (the west tower at World Showcase Plaza). As I always do, I asked the cashier if they give an annual pass discount. I was surprised when she said yes, as the advertised discounts on merchandise are limited to Downtown Disney and a couple others and do not include any locations in Epcot. I happily handed her my Premier Annual Pass, and she said "Ah, you get the Premium discount of 20%", which I did. The receipt bears the code "64 Premium AP Pass 20%".

I can't find anything on the internet suggesting such a discount exists, and have no idea whether it will be available to other or what other stores it may be available at, but there's the information. If anybody can explain, I'd love to hear it!

All I can say is FINALLY!

This is the tipping point we have been waiting for to go AP. The WoD only discount SUCKS and was a crappy way to treat APs. Now if we can only get a 20% off CS and snacks around WDW... We wouldn't have to bring sack lunches every day to the parks.

blm07

This applies to merchandise locations, I know nothing about food or vendors.

Annual pass should get 10, Premium pass should get 20 when the discount is on. As far as I know, the AP discount has been in effect for a long time, and I don't know when or if it's shut off.

The button says "Annual Pass" and doesn't mention "Seasonal" so it can be confusing, I don't know if seasonal pass officially works for the discount, but I think most of the time it's included. And it could be confusing if you have a "Premium" pass and it isn't printed on the card. They don't really study in detail all of the discount options or annual pass options (except for briefly a couple minutes during training). If a CM doesn't know if a card works with the discount, just ask nicely if they can find out for you.

docandsix

How long will the discounts last?

Does anyone know?

We're arriving soon, and I read recently that the discounts were scheduled to end just after Marathon Weekend, or something along those lines. Any confirmation of this?

ncstate7991

Can you get an AP discount and a Disney credit card discount together? I think you get 10% off of Disney purchases when you use your Disney CC. Thank you!

timeman

Can you get an AP discount and a Disney credit card discount together? I think you get 10% off of Disney purchases when you use your Disney CC. Thank you!
You can't combine discounts. It has to one or the other. I was even able to use my discount during Star Wars Celebration at their booth there.

JWG

I've just assumed it best to ask:

"Can I use my, AP discount - DVC discount - TiW discount - Visa discount - showed up on a Tuesday discount - AAA discount?"

MissM

Now if we can only get a 20% off CS and snacks around WDW... We wouldn't have to bring sack lunches every day to the parks.
No. Merchandise only. NOT food. (Though if you're going before January 1st, they are doing the 30% off select Quick Serve locations during non peak hours. WDWMagic New Info Link

I don't know if seasonal pass officially works for the discount...
Yes, it's for any Passholder. (Including Weekday and Epcot After 4pm as well, though if they don't even know Seasonals are Annual Passes, then I feel bad for anyone trying to get the discount with one of the lesser-known AP's!)

Nope. Discounts can not be combined.

hold up so with my seasonal pass i qualify for a 10% discount at any merchandise location in ALL of wdw? not just world of disney?
They've been doing it on-and-off all year. Officially, it's through January 10, 2011 right now though it's been extended several times.

If you did not get the email, it's also on the Passholder website. Here are the specific terms again just for those who missed it:

Passholders get 10% off select merchandise at Walt Disney Resort stores now through January 10, 2011.

With this Passholder discount, it's a great time to shop for something special. And if you're a Premium Passholder, you can save 20% on select merchandise at Walt Disney Resort stores while this offer lasts.
Visit today–don't delay!

[SIZE=-3]Offer is valid only at the Walt Disney World® Resort, offer is valid only at select Walt Disney World Resort stores. The Passholder discount is not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers®, Basin®, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil®, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli®, House of Blues®, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center®, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson® Store, Planet Hollywood®, Rainforest Cafe®, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon®, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney gift cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, In-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g. strollers, ECV, etc.), all Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Personalization, Imaging and PhotoPass® products, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, other collectibles and select merchandise. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. A valid Walt Disney World® Resort Passholder ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/passholdersSpecialOfferCategories?id=PassholdersSpecialOfferCategoriesPage

[/SIZE]​

dreamfinder

Does anyone know?

We're arriving soon, and I read recently that the discounts were scheduled to end just after Marathon Weekend, or something along those lines. Any confirmation of this?

Well, the discounts were actually scheduled to end just after Marathon weekend 2010. Which they have been quietly extending every few months. And yes, they are currently set to expire in Jan 2011, but hopefully they will get renewed again.

The discounts are not stackable.

You can't combine discounts. It has to one or the other. I was even able to use my discount during Star Wars Celebration at their booth there.

Yes and no. You can occasionally use multiple discounts on the same transaction. This will most likely only apply at certain locations. At Saratoga Springs, buying some food/snacks, they applied both TiW and AP discount. Now each discount was only applicable on the items covered. So some stuff got TiW and others got AP, NOTHING got both. It all depends on how the items were classified in their system, if they were a food purchase (I.E. from a CS location) or a merchandise purchase (I.E. from a merch location). This was for stuff like Milk, cookies, chips etc.

I've just assumed it best to ask:

"Can I use my, AP discount - DVC discount - TiW discount - Visa discount - showed up on a Tuesday discount - AAA discount?"

Ayup. Always ask. Usually the CM will tell you straight off which is a better deal. There are some oddball locations where DVC is better than an AP discounts.

JeffH

I didn't know...

We discovered this just Sunday when I saw someone in front of me use their pass so I used mine.
When I read that email I figured that "Wdw resort" meant only at the shops at the various "resort" hotels, not the parks?!?
And on our November trip, a customer service rep, who was helping us get a replacement for a lost bracelet, mentioned the discount as we bought a matching ring. I questioned it/her but gave the clerk our pass anyway...and didn't get the discount (and showed it to the customer service rep), so I assumed I was (proven) right.
With all the things I buy my darling daughter during our many trips tho WDW, I now wonder how much savings I missed???

blm07

Well.... you could use it to by food... at a merchandise location :) pretzels or prepackaged cookies, things like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom