Suprising AP Merchandise Discount

MissM

We discovered this just Sunday when I saw someone in front of me use their pass so I used mine.
When I read that email I figured that "Wdw resort" meant only at the shops at the various "resort" hotels, not the parks?!?
When they say, "Walt Disney World Resort" they mean property-wide as opposed to one specific location. You can get your AP discount at any Disney-owned merchandise location. Places not owned by Disney (Pavilions in China, Japan, Harley Store, Basin, etc.) are not eligible.

Shame they didn't give it to you. I always make a point to mention it since CM's will NOT ask or prompt you in any way.

dreamfinder

When they say, "Walt Disney World Resort" they mean property-wide as opposed to one specific location. You can get your AP discount at any Disney-owned merchandise location. Places not owned by Disney (Pavilions in China, Japan, Harley Store, Basin, etc.) are not eligible.

Shame they didn't give it to you. I always make a point to mention it since CM's will NOT ask or prompt you in any way.

There are also a few other caveats to the discount. Some major brands are excluded from the discount, even though they are sold at Disney stores. Some fragrances, golf clubs, stuff like that.

MissM

There are also a few other caveats to the discount. Some major brands are excluded from the discount, even though they are sold at Disney stores. Some fragrances, golf clubs, stuff like that.
True. Also things like gift cards, tickets, etc. It's all in the fine print in the post of mine a few up.

aladdin2007

Its still a continued problem though that Disney for some reason refuses to correct. Those with the seasonal and weekday select passes (like myself) get the run around, and its always an argument. Some CM's tell you yes right away and give the discount, others say no way, and you have to fight to get it.

Yet guest relations always says yes seasonal and weekday select are both considered passholders and are entitled the 10%. CM dont seem to understand/know this, and when you ask for manager it just makes a scene. Disney really needs to do something about the use of the program/discounts, guests shouldnt have to argue all the time. I kinda quit asking all together and got tired of dealing with it. Next go around will def go with a standard annual pass I guess.

CariBear

As a Seasonal CM working in Merchandise the discounts can be confusing....especially when other CMs all give you a different answer to the discount question. Managers/coordinators sometimes also give conflicting info. I was told that you can combine a passholder discount with the Disney Visa discount....if the purchase is over $50 (as the Disney Visa discount is for purchases over $50). I have had guests show me Water Park annual passes for the discount too. If you are making a large purchase....and have one of the 20% morning only discount coupons from fast service locations....many of the managers will honor it after 12pm. You just have to have the CM call a manager over for approval (these coupons will not combine with the 10% Visa discount).

ILOVEDISNEY

In February of 2009 the WoD was giving APs an extra 20% discount in February and some Disney Travel Club pin lanyards. Nothing this year in February, but hopefully an extra discount in 2011.

TRONorail10

Its still a continued problem though that Disney for some reason refuses to correct. Those with the seasonal and weekday select passes (like myself) get the run around, and its always an argument. Some CM's tell you yes right away and give the discount, others say no way, and you have to fight to get it.

Yet guest relations always says yes seasonal and weekday select are both considered passholders and are entitled the 10%. CM dont seem to understand/know this, and when you ask for manager it just makes a scene. Disney really needs to do something about the use of the program/discounts, guests shouldnt have to argue all the time. I kinda quit asking all together and got tired of dealing with it. Next go around will def go with a standard annual pass I guess.

Not to be prejeduce or anything, but have you noticed how many foreigners work at Walt Disney World? It creates a HUGE communication challenge when Disney keeps pumping out different promotions. CM's who have very limited English skills often times mis-interpret a lot of the promotions or information in general. It's not entirely their fault. It's simply that they don't understand every detail of every promotion. Most cast members couldn't even name all of the different types of annual passes, we don't buy them and we don't use them. So if you do encounter a problem with a discount, just use patience and you'll probably get it. On a side note, a DVC card is not a substitute for an annual pass and doesn't entitle you to a discount everywhere you go, just because you purchased a timeshare with Disney. :ROFLOL:

MissM

Most cast members couldn't even name all of the different types of annual passes, we don't buy them and we don't use them.
This is so true! I don't know how many CM's over the years I've encountered that don't know what a Seasonal AP is! I've actually explained the difference between Seasonal and full AP to Cast Members before - more than once. :lol:

luvtheparks

Possible AP Merchandise Discount extended thru 2011???

I found this on the disney website in the "Art of Disney Parks" section.

Heres the Link ...

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_passholderoffers.html

On the bottom of that web page under the heading "Special Discounts"

If i am reading correctly it looks like the discount will be extended thru the end of 2011?? or is it wishful thinking??? Any thoughts

Special Discounts
"Another great reason to be a Passholder, now you can save money throughout the entire year when shopping at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Now through December 31, 2011, Epcot After 4pm, Weekday Select, Seasonal, and Annual Passholders can enjoy 10% off their purchases, while Premium Annual Passholders will receive 20% off. * Restrictions apply.* "

MissM

I read that there's 15% off the segway tour around Epcot and Richard petty cars, true or false?
All Passholder discounts here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/passBenefits?id=PassholdersPassBenefitsPage

(Must be logged in as a Passholder to view.)

But yes, you get 15% off tours.
Tours and Experiences
Discounts are valid for purchases made by the Passholder only and valid Pass ID is required for redemption.

For Tour and Experiences information and reservations call (407) WDW-TOUR (939-8687)†.

Receive a 15% discount off the regular price of the following Tours and Experiences:
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

• Wilderness Back Trail Adventures (Segway Tour - age 16 and older)
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park

• Backstage Safari (age 16 and older)
  • Wild by Design (age 14 and older)
Epcot®

• Around the World at Epcot® (Segway Tour - age 16 and older)
  • Backstage Magic (age 16 and older)
  • Dolphins in Depth (age 13 and older, adult must accompany)
  • Epcot® DiveQuest (age 10 and older, SCUBA certification required, ages 10-14 must be accompanied by an adult)
  • Epcot® Seas Aqua Tour (age 8 and older, Guests ages 8-16 must be accompanied by an adult)
  • UnDISCOVERed Future World (age 16 and older)
  • Yuletide Fantasy (age 16 and older, offered seasonally)
  • Gardens of the World (age 16 and older, operates Seasonally)
Magic Kingdom® Park

• Disney's Family Magic Tour (all ages)
  • Keys to the Kingdom (age 16 and older)
  • Mickey's Magical Milestones (age 10 and older)
  • The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains (age 10 and older)

And yes, the Petty is as well...

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Get 20% discount off any Richard Petty Driving Experience package. Valid only at the Walt Disney World Speedway for Passholders. Not valid with any other coupon or discount. Call (800) BE-PETTY (237-3889)† for reservations and information.
There are quite a few different discounts. Again, all are noted on the Passholder website for those who wish to login and view them.

MissM

I found this on the disney website in the "Art of Disney Parks" section.

Heres the Link ...

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_passholderoffers.html

On the bottom of that web page under the heading "Special Discounts"

If i am reading correctly it looks like the discount will be extended thru the end of 2011?? or is it wishful thinking??? Any thoughts

Special Discounts
"Another great reason to be a Passholder, now you can save money throughout the entire year when shopping at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Now through December 31, 2011, Epcot After 4pm, Weekday Select, Seasonal, and Annual Passholders can enjoy 10% off their purchases, while Premium Annual Passholders will receive 20% off. * Restrictions apply.* "

They kept extending it last year but not always updating the site. You could pretty much ask for it throughout the year and most places gave it to you. But yeah, that does sound like another extension. The Passholder Website still lists it was through January 10, 2011, but I bet you can just keep asking for it again. I know I will!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is so true! I don't know how many CM's over the years I've encountered that don't know what a Seasonal AP is! I've actually explained the difference between Seasonal and full AP to Cast Members before - more than once. :lol:

I had a simliar experience NYE at Epcot. Bought some stuff at MouseGear and handed the cast member my Premier AP, which is not on ticket stock, but instead is on plastic gift-card-like stock. She swiped it throught the magnetic strip reader on the side of her register screen...then swiped it again...then said "I guess we don't accept this credit card." :hammer:

After I pointed out that it was an annual pass, she called over another CM, who confirmed it as a Premier AP. She then couldn't figure out what discount to give me, since she was only familiar with Regular, Seasonal, and Premium APs. I told her..."code 64, 20%". She shrugged, entered it, and gave me the discount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom