Super Bowl MVP

Saintsfan75

Original Poster
We will be Disney during the Superbowl and week after. Don't they have parade for the MVP? They usually ask the MVP after the game is over what they will do next and the player says "I'm going to Disneyworld". Anybody know if this parade is going to happen this year. If so, where and when.

Its the day after the Superbowl at the Magic Kingdom. I was there for it by accident a couple years ago. It was a really cute parade. They had Chip and Dale dressed as referees and Goofy was in football gear and I think Mickey was too. Lots of media was there too.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I'm jealous that you will get to see Tom Brady while at my favorite place.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Go Pats!!!!!!

TheKeeler7

This kills me, I gave up getting the playoff tickets cause I needed the money for my trip down next week. Now I realize I'll be leaving the world 3 days before Brady visits. I need to plan these things out a little better next time.

PhotoDave219

We will be Disney during the Superbowl and week after. Don't they have parade for the MVP? They usually ask the MVP after the game is over what they will do next and the player says "I'm going to Disneyworld". Anybody know if this parade is going to happen this year. If so, where and when.

Traditionally, Tom Brady ... I mean whomever is Super Bowl MVP :lookaroun .... So yeah Tom Brady should be there the day after the Super Bowl.

The advertising for WDW & DL immediately after the Super Bowl stopped a few years back.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If they do this, I will be safely away from it in DAK that day... Can't understand the fuss. :shrug:

"Real" football ended in November. :lookaroun

kaylasmom

I went a few years ago when Hines Ward from Pittsburgh won the MVP. I am not a huge Steelers fan, but since I was off on Maternity leave, I thought it would be cool to go see the Superbowl MVP.

The best part was that along with Hines Ward, I got to see Jerome Bettis, and even better still.... Emmitt Smith (all time leading rusher) was there in the parade too. He's my husband's favorite player ever and he was working that day. I called my husband on the phone when they announced Emmitt was in the parade... he was mighty jealous!!! You never know who will show up in those parades!

The crowd for the parade that year wasn't that huge... but I imagine that if the Pats win and wonder-boy Brady gets the MVP, the place will be packed for the parade. The last few times I went into the parks, there were Pats fans all over the place.

hrcollectibles

I happend to be there last year during the superbowl.. It was Mid week when they did the Superbowl Celebration... Here are some pics.. They had Tony Dungy and Their Running Back( Dominic Rhodes?)

Vactionpics095.jpg

Vactionpics088.jpg

Vactionpics079.jpg

Basically they were the Grand Marshals of the parade later that day. While at this celebration thingy they threw the ball around with some Pop warner kids

hrcollectibles

If last year is any indication it will not be the next day . Traditionally they go back home have a celebration then head to Disney... Keep in mind last year it occured on Wednesday, and the Super Bowl was held in Miami.. Alot closer to Disney then this years Super Bowl..

smk

We'll be there all week! I'll have to keep my eyes open! I really hope that its Brett Farve, though. Not a Pats fan.

GO PACK GO!!! Not a Brady or a Pats :zipit: fan....has nothing to do with the fact that I live in Indy....really....:drevil:

Last year the Colts came home to a parade first (if I remember right!) then Dungy and Rhodes were the only two who went to WDW. It is so close to the All Star game and the home town parade/celebration that is really was overlooked, IMHO.

We'll be there, too during the week. I'm hoping for an emotional Brett Farve win, although I wouldn't mind an eye pleasing glimpse at Tom Brady.
I live in Michigan and Lions are just sad....:cry:.
Brady is a U of M guy so I want to cheer for him, but Wisconsin is a little closer and you can't but help want to cheer for the guy that this could be his last hurrah.

Anyhoo, it appears that there will be quite a few of us wdwmagic-ers down at the World, so maybe we'll see ya!:wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
:eek: Looks like you guys may have to look out for Baby Manning! Either way, as far as Disney parades go, it'll be nice to look at :animwink:

lcsrig

Well at least it was a good game. I hope Eli calls Peyton and gets all the advice he can! And even big brother, Cooper, can give his thoughts. I just saw Dad and Mom! Well, since the Saints didn't make it, at least Louisiana is being represented!!

Saintsfan75

Original Poster
Well at least it was a good game. I hope Eli calls Peyton and gets all the advice he can! And even big brother, Cooper, can give his thoughts. I just saw Dad and Mom! Well, since the Saints didn't make it, at least Louisiana is being represented!!

Amen to that! I am a huge Saints fan here in Louisiana and I'll be in Disney The week after SuperBowl. It would be cool to see Eli there. I saw him play in High School at Newman.

Speaking of Cooper Manning. If he didn't get that injury that ended his career, we may be seeing 3 Mannings in the NFL. He was a good receiver. When he was a Sr. in H/S, Peyton was an 8th grade starter at QB. We played them every year and all you heard throughout the game was "Manning to Manning, 1st down/Touchdown". They were good!

dxwwf3

"Real" football ended in November. :lookaroun

There's only ONE football and soccer isn't it :wave:

I met Michael Strahan at DCA's Tower of Terror this year and I would love for him to be the MVP this year. Actually, anyone on the Giants roster would be a wonderful MVP candidate in my eyes :lol:

dxwwf3

He meant the Canadian variety. :lol:

Hopefully you are right on that one. You never know for sure when you go outside the US. And there's no sport I hate more than soccer ;)

The CFL's most famous announcer passed away a few days ago. I saw that on ESPN. Sounds like he was the best sports broadcaster ever up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom