Summer Nightastic TV ad - why oh why

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Argggghhhhh. Just saw the new ad for Summer Nightastic. It showed Space Mountain from DL, ToT from DCA, Tea Cups from DL, MSEP from DL, Buzz from DL. I think the only thing from WDW was the castle!
WDW has so much footage available, why oh why can't they use it and get the commercials right. If it's an external ad agency, they should be fired.

Might sound nit-picky to some, but it's not good enough for a company that prides itself on quality and show.

Swfewrmco

Argggghhhhh. Just saw the new ad for Summer Nightastic. It showed Space Mountain from DL, ToT from DCA, Tea Cups from DL, MSEP from DL, Buzz from DL. I think the only thing from WDW was the castle!
WDW has so much footage available, why oh why can't they use it and get the commercials right. If it's an external ad agency, they should be fired.

Might sound nit-picky to some, but it's not good enough for a company that prides itself on quality and show.

Don't forget AstroOrbitor from Hong Kong Disneyland!

Figment1986

I truely have little problem when it comes to similar footage from DL... though I don't like how it is DCA's TOT, we have the similar shot using ours somewhere...

The reason for using Electircal parade at DCA is we don't have much or any new footage in HD to use from MK...

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I truely have little problem when it comes to similar footage from DL... though I don't like how it is DCA's TOT, we have the similar shot using ours somewhere...

The reason for using Electircal parade at DCA is we don't have much or any new footage in HD to use from MK...

They have been running full dress rehearsals after hours, easy enough to get a 2 second shot for the commercial.

sponono88

yep, that is mostly Disneyland footage and even a clip of DL's Halloween Time commercial (Hades lighting up the fireworks). If you look closely at Space Mountain, notice it's actually DL's Ghost Galaxy overlay..

not Disney's best work, but certainly not as bad as the commercial where they had Walt Disney giving DL's opening day speech in front of WDW's castle.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is there a link online to this commercial? The only commercials I've seen them air here in NY are the Free Dining ones, with the children crawling out of the tree.

TP2000

[youtube]tlGTWX3NIPE[/youtube]

Hey, that's just the Disneyland commercial that's playing here in SoCal now. They also use that Nightastic jingle on radio commercials here in SoCal.

They just lifted the majority of the current Disneyland commercial, spliced in a mention of the "return" of the MSEP, and then added the Disney World contact info at the end. The kid at the start of the commercial even has the Disneyland script "D" on his ballcap. That's also Murphy, last year's new dragon, from Disneyland's version of Fantasmic!.

How odd. But maybe it was just easier to use the current Disneyland commercial and radio jingle? :confused:

wilsonhanks

Hey, that's just the Disneyland commercial that's playing here in SoCal now. They also use that Nightastic jingle on radio commercials here in SoCal.

They just lifted the majority of the current Disneyland commercial, spliced in a mention of the "return" of the MSEP, and then added the Disney World contact info at the end. The kid at the start of the commercial even has the Disneyland script "D" on his ballcap. That's also Murphy, last year's new dragon, from Disneyland's version of Fantasmic!.

How odd. But maybe it was just easier to use the current Disneyland commercial and radio jingle? :confused:

This makes total sense....If they re-did pretty much the same commercial perhaps they wouldn't have extra money to put towards some refurbs. Wouldn't you rather have a slightly off commercial and an updated charming carousel or a "correct" commercial and still be stuck with the cinderella carousel?!!

Its all about maximizing effort!

dxwwf3

Even when the parks were run at their best, stuff like this would happen. So if it was good enough during the late 80's and early 90's, you had better believe it is good enough to fly nowadays.

_Scar

It shows every Disney resort around the globe except WDW. Hilarious.

I particularly love the Hong Kong shot with the Chinese people, did TDO really take that show from a Chinese commercial?! along with the Halloween Hades shot from earlier this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom