Summer Nightastic TV ad - why oh why

Swfewrmco

Creepy winking Mickey aside (I personally think its kinda cute), THAT is what a Walt Disney World commercial should look like. It included every park, not just the Magic Kingdom. The attactions and shows were actually WDWs, not Disneylands. The resort hotels are shown, and other activities like golfing, boating, and water sking are depicted, reinforcing the idea that WDW is a VACATION Kingdom, not just the Magic Kingdom. Throw in the smiling CMs and the original twist on "Be Our Guest" and you have a commercial that is heads above anything Disney has put out in the last decade.

The conga line parade at the beginning is from Disneyland. :ROFLOL:

Also gotta love the use of the barren future home of the Boardwalk as a golf course.

hpyhnt 1000

The conga line parade at the beginning is from Disneyland. :ROFLOL:

Also gotta love the use of the barren future home of the Boardwalk as a golf course.

How can you tell? I assumed it was some parade that was running at the MK during that time... I noticed that new and old Mickeys are used, but what was the conga line from?

Swfewrmco

How can you tell? I assumed it was some parade that was running at the MK during that time... I noticed that new and old Mickeys are used, but what was the conga line from?

That was the Party Gras parade from Disneyland. WDW had a similar parade for their 20th anniversary called "Surprise Celebration", but the Sorcerer Mickey balloon was not one of the WDW balloons.

magicmaya

That's the point of a good jingle. It's being used in SoCal for Disneyland all over the place, but without as much talking over the song, and everyone is whistling it here.

I'm going back to anaheim june 23! Cant wait to hear it again! :ROFLOL:

markc

The production company that produces those commercials is based in LA - so often, most of the footage is done in California. Even for commercials that seemingly look like WDW commecials (with the castle and all), are filmed at Disneyland, and the people walking down mainstreet are green-screened into the FL Main Street. Occasionally when Disney is doing very specific Florida advertisements (i.e. specific DVC Hotels) - they'll use Lightship TV (Orlando Based) which then has to use Florida material, but for the most part, everything is shot in California.

Even those Free Dining commercials use DL footage, just look at the Tea Cups... I noticed that a while ago and was surprised they can't even use the right park's footage. When I moved to AZ I expected to see DL commercials replacing (or at least popping up with) the WDW commercials, but I have yet to see any. Guess they want to make WDW the draw because families need more time to cover the entire set of parks compared to DL. :shrug:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The WDW Christmas commercials also used mostly DL stuff a few years back....this is nothing new...but it's really an oversight by the marketing team...eventually it might come back to haunt them, like if they accidentally add a clip from the DL Indy ride or TDL Pooh ride

imagineer boy

The production company that produces those commercials is based in LA - so often, most of the footage is done in California. Even for commercials that seemingly look like WDW commecials (with the castle and all), are filmed at Disneyland, and the people walking down mainstreet are green-screened into the FL Main Street. Occasionally when Disney is doing very specific Florida advertisements (i.e. specific DVC Hotels) - they'll use Lightship TV (Orlando Based) which then has to use Florida material, but for the most part, everything is shot in California.

But there's plenty of stock footage floating around of WDW they could use easily.

Maybe the editors were your usual Mice Chat visiting Disneyland fantatics who firmly think DL is the most superior Disney park. :lol:

Foolish Mortal

For a company that loves to remind us how much they pay attention to detail, I'd love to know how this is acceptable ? You advertise for WDW but show footage from other parks. Where is the attention to detail ? And I know it was covered in another thread, but how about the app commercial where they show the family looking at Dumbo, the father is clearly running towards Adventureland and magicaly ends up on Dumbo. Yeah, good attention to detail guy's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom