Suits tasting at Food and Wine today...

CorgiPants

We've been three or four times this year, and I have no doubt they've smashed records the crowds have been intense, even during the week. This was the first year I had been in some time and the food was definitely better this year, but cost per portion is ridiculous. We went last weekend, hit the few things we remembered being really good (the frozen s'mores especially) and then went on our merry way to the MK to squeeze as many rides we could in before MNSSHP started.

TeriofTerror

I went last week, and had a blast. I actually left the MK and skipped out on a BOG lunch Fastpass to hit F&W because: 1. I wanted smaller food portions, and everything at BOG sounded heavier than what I wanted, and 2. More importantly, I wanted wine with my food. (For the record, I did stop by the BOG podium and let them know we wouldn't be coming so someone else could have our spot.)

natatomic

I went last week, and had a blast. I actually left the MK and skipped out on a BOG lunch Fastpass to hit F&W because: 1. I wanted smaller food portions, and everything at BOG sounded heavier than what I wanted, and 2. More importantly, I wanted wine with my food. (For the record, I did stop by the BOG podium and let them know we wouldn't be coming so someone else could have our spot.)

Bolded because this is why Disney needs to axe the FP only lines. I can't eat there for lunch anymore, and there are people who can just SKIPPING it!

(Not attacking you, just the dang policy. :))

TeriofTerror

Bolded because this is why Disney needs to axe the FP only lines. I can't eat there for lunch anymore, and there are people who can just SKIPPING it!

(Not attacking you, just the dang policy. :))
That's why I took the time to wait in line to cancel it. They were letting people request stand-by, and I wanted to make sure it was available for someone who wanted it. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

F&W is the worst thing ever.
I agree it's Disappointing Food that guest Whine about...
enhanced-32084-1396279470-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
He just said it.....so....it was said on this day of the year 2014.
Yes.

And I am going to say it again.

F&W sucks! It is literally the worst thing any Disney entity has ever spawned. People think Frozen in Norway is a disgrace to EPCOT and World Showcase. No, a two month long glorified frat party is. I loathe it and the vile scum dumpsters it attracts from trailer parks across America.

wishiwere@wdw

Apparently, they've set a new single day record in one festival zone for total sales. The old record was $550,000 and change. The new record well over $600,000.
*1023*

Interesting. I heard similar news. No idea if it's true or not but word is the record was set on September 27th. Hmmmm...... If true, have to wonder why????

DougK

A large group of the Mouse's business casual crowd were partaking of the festival's fare today. Sample food and some brews were chewed and reviewed. A few numbers were tossed about during the bunch of munching. Apparently, they've set a new single day record in one festival zone for total sales. The old record was $550,000 and change. The new record well over $600,000.

Unfortunately, I could not hover for the whole session and they quickly headed to the next private tasting area. I think for average attendance so far, that record equates to $15 per guest spending. Now there are many folks who ignore the food fair, so I think the new cup sizes and costs are working.

*1023*

Disney raises their prices every year and attendance goes up almost every year. It would be hard for them NOT to set a new sales record from time to time unless people come to Food and Wine just to LOOK at the food.

janoimagine

How many people in this thread have actually gone this year? The food offered this year is actually outstanding as is the beer selection.
I disagree ... we have gone faithfully for the last 5+ years and the food offerings this year didn't seem nearly as good as years past, in addition ... the prices have gone up, and the pour sizes have gone down.

Just my opinion.

BuddyThomas

Yes.

And I am going to say it again.

F&W sucks! It is literally the worst thing any Disney entity has ever spawned. People think Frozen in Norway is a disgrace to EPCOT and World Showcase. No, a two month long glorified frat party is. I loathe it and the vile scum dumpsters it attracts from trailer parks across America.
Ummmmm, this vile scum dumpster loves it and doesn't appreciate being told that I live in a trailer park. I actually live in a studio apartment about as big as a trailer park bathroom. So get your facts straight up there on your holy little cloud.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
Ummmmm, this vile scum dumpster loves it and doesn't appreciate being told that I live in a trailer park. I actually live in a studio apartment about as big as a trailer park bathroom. So get your facts straight up there on your holy little cloud.
I'm not talking about you unless you happen to belong to one of the groups of belligerent idiots that show up in matching "I'M DRUNK AT DIZNEY LAWL!" t-shirts and act like 14 year olds that just discovered beer. THOSE are the people who ruin the entire thing. It's sad too because F&W COULD be and SHOULD be a much more classy event. But when TDO can throw up temporary shacks along the lagoon and make over half a mill each day, well, it's obvious they don't care. All about the bottom line.

Hopefully once Frozen opens and attracts a young crowd and families all year round to WS, they will actually take some precautionary measures to make sure that the crowds can't become unruly.

danv3

I don't find the potions too small. In fact, Mrs. Danv3 and I usually share. Leaves more appetite to explore more dishes! It also helps that we spend "free" money (Disney Dream reward dollars).

Obi

didn't mind it too much until my wife and I got put in the back row of the boat of the ride in the Mexico pavilion. Normally I wouldn't have cared. That is until we got around the first turn and into the temple area when the rest of the drunk people on the boat decided to throw things at each other, us, others in the boat ahead of us and the boat behind us. Throwing stuff on the screens and scenery of the ride. Cursing up a storm and screaming at the top of their lungs how drunk they were and which booths they were going to stop at again to get more to drink. Then the finally of it was that the boats were backed up at the end. This group decided to shake the boat as much as they could to try and get one of the females to puke as another female got out of the boat and walked along the scenery to the exit yelling at the rest of the group to get out and go with her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom