Suits tasting at Food and Wine today...

BuddyThomas

didn't mind it too much until my wife and I got put in the back row of the boat of the ride in the Mexico pavilion. Normally I wouldn't have cared. That is until we got around the first turn and into the temple area when the rest of the drunk people on the boat decided to throw things at each other, us, others in the boat ahead of us and the boat behind us. Throwing stuff on the screens and scenery of the ride. Cursing up a storm and screaming at the top of their lungs how drunk they were and which booths they were going to stop at again to get more to drink. Then the finally of it was that the boats were backed up at the end. This group decided to shake the boat as much as they could to try and get one of the females to puke as another female got out of the boat and walked along the scenery to the exit yelling at the rest of the group to get out and go with her.
This all sounds a little hard to believe but if it is true, did you alert a cast member that there were a bunch of jerks climbing out of the ride and essentially being disruptive and destructive? I would think they would have been removed from the park, if not arrested for disorderly conduct.

There are so many posts about this kind of stuff at Food and Wine. I've never encountered any of it - not once - ever. And even if I have miraculously just gotten lucky, I would suggest to everyone who has seen these phantom loons stalking the park that Disney is one of the most controlled vacation environments in the world, and there is rarely a moment when a cast member of one kind or another is not a few feet away.

The next time you see someone swimming in the lake or sleeping in a bush or trying to overturn a boat in a terrible ride, all you need to do is grab the closest cast member and let them know what is going on, and then maybe the offending party will get thrown out rather than continuing their reign of terror.

Unplugged

This all sounds a little hard to believe but if it is true, did you alert a cast member that there were a bunch of jerks climbing out of the ride and essentially being disruptive and destructive? I would think they would have been removed from the park, if not arrested for disorderly conduct.

There are so many posts about this kind of stuff at Food and Wine. I've never encountered any of it - not once - ever. And even if I have miraculously just gotten lucky, I would suggest to everyone who has seen these phantom loons stalking the park that Disney is one of the most controlled vacation environments in the world, and there is rarely a moment when a cast member of one kind or another is not a few feet away.

The next time you see someone swimming in the lake or sleeping in a bush or trying to overturn a boat in a terrible ride, all you need to do is grab the closest cast member and let them know what is going on, and then maybe the offending party will get thrown out rather than continuing their reign of terror.

My following comment is NOT a personal attack at you, so please do not interpret anything I say as such. That said, I'll also state I've been going to WDW for over 20 years, every year. My wife and I have been going to F&W almost since it started. We loved and looked forward to it for many of our attending years. However, the past 5 years has grown increasingly unacceptable in many ways.Guest behavior, price increases, excessive crowding, etc. While the crowds the event draws are certainly a tribute to a successful and popular event, the high frequency of "issues" makes it a miserable experience on any Thursday through Saturday, and to a lesser extent Sunday.

These stories of drunk and disorderly conduct are true on many levels. I've witnessed countless irresponsible highly intoxicated guests and unfortunately had to reach out to CMs either for an issue we encountered or on behalf of another guest who's having an altercation with an intoxicated or high guest. Sometimes I see CMs either talking with them or getting security involved. However, more often I see nothing done with CMs standing nearby doing nothing, looking the other way to avoid confrontation, or no CMs in sight. I am NOT saying all CMs are like that, but I do not know the justification to overlook such behavior in a theme park when security can be called as required. So I can say with absolute certainty, we see it, our friends see it, and we're all at the point where we are plan our vacations around avoiding the F&W.

The event only needs a bit of tweaking to get it back on track while still maintaining the success and positive guest experience.

wdwfan22

I've been going to Food & Wine Festival for about 12 years now and have witnessed encounters with drunk guest being loud and disruptive many times (especially the past 3 years). I can tell you 90% of the time a Cast Member wouldn't have done anything. At most you would have been given the confused look and that would have been the end of it. Food & Drunk fest has become worse over the past several years especially on weekends, but Disney doesn't seem to mind the drunkenness as long as they are making money.

Obi

didn't need to tell a cm. The lady that got out of the boat was stopped at the exit. She got all upset and yelled at the cm and the others she was with. Didn't see anything else happen as my wife and I left. I'm sure they were ejected from the park.

DisneyDebRob

I may just be lucky because I have never encountered drunk and obnoxious people. Have seen maybe 2 people in the last 10 years that may have had a bit to much to drink but no one yelling or throwing things. I'll be there the last 2 days of F&W this year and I hope i continue my streak.

alissafalco

Yes.

And I am going to say it again.

F&W sucks! It is literally the worst thing any Disney entity has ever spawned. People think Frozen in Norway is a disgrace to EPCOT and World Showcase. No, a two month long glorified frat party is. I loathe it and the vile scum dumpsters it attracts from trailer parks across America.

LOL wow, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back! LOL
Next time try going during the week on a Tuesday or Wednesday, its really enjoyable and a totally different experience from the weekend.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Yes.

And I am going to say it again.

F&W sucks! It is literally the worst thing any Disney entity has ever spawned. People think Frozen in Norway is a disgrace to EPCOT and World Showcase. No, a two month long glorified frat party is. I loathe it and the vile scum dumpsters it attracts from trailer parks across America.

I love the Food and Wine Festival and do not live in a trailer park. I know it is expensive, but I save up a few bucks and enjoy.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I may just be lucky because I have never encountered drunk and obnoxious people. Have seen maybe 2 people in the last 10 years that may have had a bit to much to drink but no one yelling or throwing things. I'll be there the last 2 days of F&W this year and I hope i continue my streak.

I guess I am like you. We go every year and have never had a problem. We walk completely around Epcot World Showcase tice this past weekend, once on Friday and once on Saturday, and had no problems what so ever. Lines where long at some of the booths we ate at, but service was great and the food was outstanding. Again I think the prices could be less, but enjoyed the evenings with friends.

omurice

Well if you could not SEE any drunks passing out in the bushes and stealing golf carts, then you just MIGHT BE one of the drunks passing out in the bushes and stealing golf carts backstage! (kidding smily)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom