Suggestions for popping "The question"

Brer Bear

Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

dizknee

I will be at Disney in September and will also be popping the question. I have gotten the ring .... a stainless steel and ceramic ring imported from Germany. She isn't big on gold and diamonds and I know she flips for this ring. I am taking her on Peter Pan's flight and right before we fly over the city with the moon in the background I will spinkle her with a very light dusting of Pixie dust ( I don't want to be throwing around handfuls of sparkles) and tell her to hold my hand because I want her to fly away with me to Never Never Land. A place where you never grow up (Please nobody make a Michael Jackson reference). I think she knows it is coming but has no idea how or when. She probably thinks it will be during wishes or something.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

dizknee said:
I will be at Disney in September and will also be popping the question. I have gotten the ring .... a stainless steel and ceramic ring imported from Germany. She isn't big on gold and diamonds and I know she flips for this ring. I am taking her on Peter Pan's flight and right before we fly over the city with the moon in the background I will spinkle her with a very light dusting of Pixie dust ( I don't want to be throwing around handfuls of sparkles) and tell her to hold my hand because I want her to fly away with me to Never Never Land. A place where you never grow up (Please nobody make a Michael Jackson reference). I think she knows it is coming but has no idea how or when. She probably thinks it will be during wishes or something.
Very nice. I'd love to propose @ WDW, but there's no way we're getting down there to do it. I'm going to have to settle for a honeymoon @ WDW and a Disney Cruise instead! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ThePurpleDonkey

not a bad idea

Thats not a bad idea. i like the use of pixie dust. I am still weighing my proposal options at disney. I have reserved a carriage ride but am wondering if it is appropriate to get down on one knee in a moving carraige. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

cj2me said:
Brer, where are you we want an update!!

Well I'm an idiot, :lol: I was about to reply saying "I also wanna hear how it went but hopefully the reason we haven't heard is because they are on their honeymoon!" Then I thought for a second and realized I had the entire process a little mixed up...

so I'll just go with;

I also wanna hear how it went!

:lol:

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
I'm Back......And Happy.....And Engaged

Hello everyone...I just got back on Monday and I'm happy to say that everything worked out fantastic and I'm officially an engaged!!!! Everything was perfect at the Royal Table, I got there around 8:00 and was seated right against the window so we could watch fireworks later on. I excused myself about 10 min. into the meal and gave the ring to the manager who was waiting by the bathrooms. When I came back I started to get nervous. When we finished are meal are waiter took the plates away and came back with a platter. I opened it and on it was an engraved slipper was her engagement ring. There was also 2 photographers taking are pictures while everything was going down. When she said "yes" the whole restaurant broke into cheers, and we hugged and kissed. 10 min. later Wishes started and we had the perfect seat form are table. It was truly a magical night, and everything worked out perfect.

If anyone has any questions or comments please post and let me know.

And thanks for everyone kind posts...you are are the best.

Upvote 0

McArcDes

dizknee said:

Awsome! Your idea is one of the most origional I have heard! Good luck!

Upvote 0

McArcDes

Brer Bear said:
Hello everyone...I just got back on Monday and I'm happy to say that everything worked out fantastic and I'm officially an engaged!!!! Everything was perfect at the Royal Table, I got there around 8:00 and was seated right against the window so we could watch fireworks later on. I excused myself about 10 min. into the meal and gave the ring to the manager who was waiting by the bathrooms. When I came back I started to get nervous. When we finished are meal are waiter took the plates away and came back with a platter. I opened it and on it was an engraved slipper was her engagement ring. There was also 2 photographers taking are pictures while everything was going down. When she said "yes" the whole restaurant broke into cheers, and we hugged and kissed. 10 min. later Wishes started and we had the perfect seat form are table. It was truly a magical night, and everything worked out perfect.

Congradulations! May you have a long and very happy life together.

Upvote 0

i<3disney4ever

YAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! aww that sounded so romantic! very good & clever way of popping the question! may u guys have a long and great marriage! are u guys going to get married there 2??

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Brer Bear said:

That sounded so incredibly romantic! The photographers taking pictures of it is such a great idea. I wish I had pictures of my proposal. Lots of luck and have fun planning the wedding! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

First off, Brer Bear, Congrats man that is fantastic!!! My brother got engaged about 8 months ago (getting married in a year) and I mean that was so exciting, I can only imagine how happy you must be and I'm happy for ya, congrats!

Secondly, I'm only 20, but I've been with the one I love for over four years now, and so... I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her (I know, sounds kinda... silly, only 20...) but its just obvious and she's sucha part of my family now just as I am with hers, and your orignal post got me EXTREMELY excited about 4-6 years from now and doing this myself... down there. So, I have a question along with my congrats, just curious

Well I like the sound of how you proposed, sounds VERY nice, especially when you KNOW she is going to say yes (obviously still very very nervous) it makes it better so that the restaurant can all cheer rather than... feel awkward or something. But, when they brought out the glass slipper with the ringer in it.. did she just immediately know and say yes... or as the platter came out did you get on one knee and propose, or when it came just go with a romantic-like speech (not a speech, but you know what I mean) and then just propose?

Just curious to know how you did it and how she reacted. I guess the way I see it is, its obvious what is going on when the engagement ring on the glass slipper arrives (unless its a mistake like that movie... oh god what's that movie with the fortune cookie given to the wrong person???) but... what was the immediate reaction to it, you making the first move or her

and again, CONGRATS! and I wish you the best of luck!

Upvote 0

cj2me

CONGRATS!!! I was at The Royal Table last year when someone got engaged and it was truly magical when she said yes and the entire restaurant started clapping. The Host was actually taping it from our table for the happy couple. When she said yes we all started crying and we didnt even know them.

GOOD LUCK---Marriage is great!!!

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Dukeblue1016 said:
First off, Brer Bear, Congrats man that is fantastic!!! My brother got engaged about 8 months ago (getting married in a year) and I mean that was so exciting, I can only imagine how happy you must be and I'm happy for ya, congrats!

Secondly, I'm only 20, but I've been with the one I love for over four years now, and so... I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her (I know, sounds kinda... silly, only 20...) but its just obvious and she's sucha part of my family now just as I am with hers, and your orignal post got me EXTREMELY excited about 4-6 years from now and doing this myself... down there. So, I have a question along with my congrats, just curious

Well I like the sound of how you proposed, sounds VERY nice, especially when you KNOW she is going to say yes (obviously still very very nervous) it makes it better so that the restaurant can all cheer rather than... feel awkward or something. But, when they brought out the glass slipper with the ringer in it.. did she just immediately know and say yes... or as the platter came out did you get on one knee and propose, or when it came just go with a romantic-like speech (not a speech, but you know what I mean) and then just propose?

Just curious to know how you did it and how she reacted. I guess the way I see it is, its obvious what is going on when the engagement ring on the glass slipper arrives (unless its a mistake like that movie... oh god what's that movie with the fortune cookie given to the wrong person???) but... what was the immediate reaction to it, you making the first move or her

and again, CONGRATS! and I wish you the best of luck!

The funny thing was I was planning to get down on my knees and give the engagement speech. But I caught a glimpse of the waiter coming with the platter and my whole little speech went out the door because I kind of freaked out. So when he got there I kind of just told her how much I loved her and asked her to marry me.When she first got sight the ring she was shocked and then she was sort of embarased because of the 3 photographers with flash bulbs popping, (felt like paparazzi)on top of that the entire restaurant got completely silent. After her initial shock she loved every second of it.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

CONGRATS to you Brer Bear!!! :sohappy:

Proposals are so magical...and you couldn't have chosen a better place to do it. Hope you have a happy life together :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom