Suggestions for popping "The question"

Brer Bear

Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

Sloan

Illuminations worked well ...

As approved by Robynchic, I proposed during Illuminations while in World Showcase (we were having dinner @ Le Cellier, and I told my wife we needed to slip out before the entree arrived to watch the fireworks). She seemed to love it - and we've been back many times since, and it holds extra special meaning for us now. Good luck.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

TAC said:
Take the MK resort road. Follow it past the Poly, and then take the Exit Road. Just before you merge with the traffic exiting the MK parking lot, take the road to the RIGHT. Follow it around to the end.

Wouldn't that (eventually) put you at the back of AK? I have to imagine there's security gates or something...

Upvote 0

Disneygeek

Brer Bear:
For the money it was defiantly worth it. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was perfect and the glass slipper was beautiful. They really go out of there way to make everything work. <O:p</O:p

Let me know if you have any other questions<O:p</O:p

Upvote 0

pooh2u

Congratulations! My brother asked my future sister in law this past November at the Polonesian Christmas Show, which is about family. They told him he was the first person to be able to do this...if that is true or not...I don't know. But it was really nice. He was given the chance in the middle of the show to come up and ask Jen to become apart of our family by becoming his wife. The rest of the week we would walk around the parks and people knew him as the guy that asked during the Christmas show. It was really nice! Good luck to you! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Hey they have a Carriage rides at Port Orleans Riverside that you can always ask her on (I think it was $35) or there is always renting one of the boats for the fireworks cruises. Good luck! :wave: :kiss:

Upvote 0

col

Brer Bear said:
Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

WOW! how much do you love your girlfriend,thats really romantic!

heres what im thinking: when wishes is on stand by the train station the castle will be at the back of you in the centre (if you ask someone to take a picture) and when wishes is half way through ask her to marry you, coz then there will be fireworks in the background. or tell someone important at a park ie at mgm for fantasmic and before fantasmic there could be a special message for the lucky girl.

congrats and i hope it goes well for you!:wave:

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

Okay, first of all I am so excited for you! Secondly I was propsed to in Disney and it was the best and most romantic thing I have ever experienced. We were sitting in front of the castle waiting for Spectromagic to start (it was about to start in about 5 min), one of the CM's called me up and told me to close my eyes and rub my hands together to "start the magic". So I was standing there in front of a million people rubbing my hands together like a jack*** and finally they CM told me to open my eyes and turn around and he was there on his knee and there were 5 little kids each holding a sign that said WILL-YOU-MARRY-ME-HEATHER (each kid held a word). It was right in front of the castle and the parade was like running us off the road, it was real sweet. For the rest of the night we were like celebreties....

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Goofy4WDW

First of all, congratulations.

My daughter's boyfriend proposed to her this past May, in the the French pavillion at EPCOT, just as Illuminations was about to begin.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

*TEAR* I think that any way you propose at WDW you can't go wrong. LOL. But the Cinderella's Royal Table sounds so cool! Either that or a boat cruise to watch wishes on the lagoon.

Upvote 0

mhead

I proposed to my..now wife... at Cinderella's Royal Table in May of 03. I got the phone number directly to the restaraunt and spoke with the manger. I told her I wanted to set up a proposal and asked for help - she said they could bring the ring out in a small silver carriage on a silver platter. I thought that sounded great so I went with it - she tagged a note to our PS saying PROPOSAL - do not mention out loud but notify mgr. When we checked in a said I had to go to the restroom and slipped off to give the ring to the manager - she asked when I wanted it brought out and I said just after the meal. As the meal ended our waitress took the camera sitting on our table and got everyone (family was there with us) to look that way so she could get a picture of everyone for us. As we looked that way the server came in with the platter and ring from the backside - our waitress looked at my wife and said ma'am I believe the royal messenger has something for you there - and when she turned around I took the carraige - got on one knee and she said yes! After that the server announced to the entire room that Lady Kim had accepted Lord Mark's proposal of marriage and everyone applauded. We were given a certificate and set of glasses - and it did not cost a dollar over the meal!

Hope this helps!
:wave:

Upvote 0

popkid

I proposed out on our balcony at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had a concierge room overlooking the main savanah, and it was a perfect starry night. I started subtly holding her close and telling her just how special WDW was to me, and how many great memories WDW holds. Then, went into how special she is to me, some mushy stuff, and finally popped the question by asking if she'd like to make a truly magical moment.

Got down on one knee

out came the ring

and the rest is history :)

I tried to plan things out in advance, but I just left it up to the moment. I do have one thing to warn you about however, I proposed the first night of our trip (couldn't wait). The ENTIRE next day we spent on the phone with friends and family telling them the news. We sat on a bench at MGM Studios and just passed our cell phones back and forth... It was great to share the news, but sheesh - we were at THE WORLD!!!

Best of luck with your plans...

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I just tied the knot this past weekend! No, we didn't get married at Disney, but that's where I popped the question last December!

Here's how I did it... it was a complete surprise!

My family was at WDW for the holidays. She drove down from a nearby area for the day on Dec 26th. We had all been at Disney the entire week, so we went to see Shamu that day.

We had my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and 3 year old niece running around. When we arrived back to the resort (Corronado Springs) the story was that we were all going to have a nice dinner at Narcoosee's (Grand Floridian) and watch the fireworks from the restaurant.

I had PS and called to tell them of my plan. I told my now wife that we had to get there early so we wouldn't loose the PS, and the rest of the family would follow. She bought it big time!

My dad called when we were pulling up to the Grand Floridian and told me that my mom wasn't feeling well and my niece was acting up, and they were going to skip out and for us to enjoy dinner on them! My wife still had no clue!

So we get there, they sit us at a great window table, had great service, great food, and good drinks!

The fireworks started and it was great! Right after the fireworks ended, I told her I wanted to give her a present. I had a charm made for her with, "Will you marry me?" on it. She read it and had a priceless look on her face and then the tears started falling! It took her about 3 minutes to say yes!

The entire restuaturant cheered for us and Mickey bought us a bottle of champaigne!

This was really fun for me, because I love the parks and now it gives my wife who isn't the biggest park fan a reason to go back each year!

Just my story, copy it if you want, modify it, good luck! Don't be nervous, it's just a question! :animwink:

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Let me just tell you, Disney is definitely the place to get engaged! My fiance just proposed to me at WDW in May and let me tell you that if you call them and ask them for help, they will be more than willing to do something to make this moment memorable (not that it isn't already!)

Now, on to my story (and another possible option for you!) I always had the idea that propsing in front of the castle during the fireworks was the most romantic thing there was to do...until my time actually came. My fiance proposed to me at Chef Mickey's after the staff there blindfolded me for a "suprise." And boy was it ever! I knew my b/f had the ring and everything, but I totally forgot about it. So the way he did it totally threw me off gaurd. (if you would like a more detailed description of my engagement (or to see the picture) click on my trip report in my signature)

OH! Which reminds me!!! If you can at all possible get somebody to either take a picture of you proposing or if bringing a video camera, film you proposing, it would make things that much better. It's so hard to remember everything that happens when you get engaged so having something tangible that you can see really helps!

Above all, I hope you have a wonderful time! I know you will figure out the right way to propose, but don't stress about it too much. Good luck to you and be sure to let us all know how you proposed!

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

popkid said:
I do have one thing to warn you about however, I proposed the first night of our trip (couldn't wait). The ENTIRE next day we spent on the phone with friends and family telling them the news. We sat on a bench at MGM Studios and just passed our cell phones back and forth... It was great to share the news, but sheesh - we were at THE WORLD!!!

Best of luck with your plans...

That's why when I got engaged, me and my fiance kept the news to ourselves until we got back from our trip. We did this for 2 reasons actually. 1. was so we could actually see our friends and family's faces when we tolad them and
2. we wanted to have some time for ourselves to let it soak in and just be with each other. It was so nice to know that we had this secret from everyone else and that we could actually enjoy the "engagement" period...because it's really all about you two. So if you can, take some time for yourselves as well. Trust me, it will be one of the best things you do.

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Wow this thread has really turned out great with some terriffic stories!!! I just tallked to the manager of the Royal Table yesterday. He said that for $225.00 (yikes!!) You get whatever you want on the menu, plus they engrave a glass slipper, bring you sparkling champaign, and dessert. Sounded kind of expensive since I am on sort of a budget. But I think I'm leaning towards doing it. Does everyone think that this is sort of unnessicary seing that she will be supprised and love any way I end up proposing, and it won't cost me $225.00 bones to do something different?

Let me know - Thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom