Suggestions for popping "The question"

Brer Bear

Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

kmjcpa

follow up questions for Brer

CONGRATS!! I am planning on doing the same thing you did, and if you wouldn't mind I did have a few questions.

1. What time do you suggest I get a sitting? They said the fireworks start around 10 so they suggested 9. What are your thoughts?

2. Did you arrange for the photographers?

3. The meal was all inclusive. Did you order the appetizers or did they just bring everything out like I have read in other posts?

4. What did you wear, as far as attire? I heard the place is casual. Would it be right to just show up in plain clothes?

5. What advice would you have for someone who is about to "follow in your footsteps"? What do you know now about the experience that you wish you knew before (regarding planning and so forth)?

6. What did you have engraved on the slipper?

7. Anything else I should know? Any perks or things to consider doing? Did you carry around that ring all day in the park?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
kmjcpa said:
CONGRATS!! I am planning on doing the same thing you did, and if you wouldn't mind I did have a few questions.

1. What time do you suggest I get a sitting? They said the fireworks start around 10 so they suggested 9. What are your thoughts?

2. Did you arrange for the photographers?

3. The meal was all inclusive. Did you order the appetizers or did they just bring everything out like I have read in other posts?

4. What did you wear, as far as attire? I heard the place is casual. Would it be right to just show up in plain clothes?

5. What advice would you have for someone who is about to "follow in your footsteps"? What do you know now about the experience that you wish you knew before (regarding planning and so forth)?

6. What did you have engraved on the slipper?

7. Anything else I should know? Any perks or things to consider doing? Did you carry around that ring all day in the park?

Thanks!
1. We had PS for 8:30 and when fireworks were going off right after we finished our meal so it worked out great.

2.The photographers were not arranged by me, so you should have them as well.

3. You are allowed to order 2 appetizers and 2 entres. So we each ordered a salad and filet.

4.It is sort of casual but I had on a nice collered shirt because I new it was going to be a special night.

5.Try and get to The Royal Table around 20 min. before your PS so they can seat you against the window for the fireworks. And get the ring to the manager as fast as you can leave the table. Because it will burn a hole in your pocket.

6.I had our names, the date, and "Jen, Will You Marry Me"

7.I didn't carry the ring all day, and I wouldn't advise you do it either. We came back too the room to freshen up and shower for the night. When we did I slid the ring into a satin pocket and had it in my front pocket. And after that I made sure that she was always on the other opposite side of me just in case.

Hey....Good luck man, it was the best moment of my life and I think about how perfect it was almost every day. So I'm sure your love every second of it. Please let me know if you have any more qustions.

Upvote 0

kmjcpa

Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it.

What time were the fireworks, if you remember? I am trying to gauge what time I should do a sitting?

Did Jen have any idea you were going to propose? If not, how did you explain to her about going back to the hotel to freshen up? When you were at the hotel, where did you keep the ring?

Any other suggestions on things to do while there or things to ask for? I know about the dessert and they are customizing my for dark chocolate instead of white (my g/f prefers it that way). But anything else you can suggest?

Not to sound cynical, were you concerned about giving your engagement ring to a stranger whom you wouldn't see for a while, if at all?

Did you receive any other perks or have any suggestions on things to do as a couple? Just curious. :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
I was just reading throught this thread that I started 3 1/2 years ago and it makes me feel so good to look back and see how everything got started.

I'm happy to say that I'm still happliy married and have been back to the World 3 times since our engagement. And it's still so special to us

I just wanted to post this

Take care everyone

Upvote 0

mpoppins76

I was just reading throught this thread that I started 3 1/2 years ago and it makes me feel so good to look back and see how everything got started.

I'm happy to say that I'm still happliy married and have been back to the World 3 times since our engagement. And it's still so special to us

I just wanted to post this

Take care everyone
Awwww....:eek:

Congratulations :)

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
I think that's what makes these threads so great........You always have them to refer back to.

When I showed my wife last night she was blown away...She had no idea all the planning that went into that day and I guess I just never brought it up to her with everything that was going on in our lives as we started to plan a wedding

Anyway.......Good times:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom