Suggestions for popping "The question"

Brer Bear

Hi everyone...Looking for some help

I will be at down there on July 3-8, and I was planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way to do it? I have a PS at the Royal Table on are 1st night, and I heard if you let them know in advance they will bring your ring out in Cinderella's slipper. Can anyone verify that? Are was thinking maybe before Wishes but I'm not sure about that either. Any stories from anyone with some past expierences getting engaged down there would be great.

Thanks in advance :animwink:

Disneygeek

Brer Bear:

The price must have went up since March. I could understand if you are on a budget that might not work. No matter where you do it at Disney it will be perfect. Everyone on here has a lot of great ideas!

Upvote 0

devildogwife

Congratulations!!

My dh proposed to me at WDW 8 years ago. It was so awesome and perfect. We were staying at All Star Music. It was his first trip to Disney and he was not exactly thrilled until we got there and he walked through the gate to the MK. Anyway, we had tickets for our first day and enjoyed the parks thoroughly. Now, keep in mind, I knew he had the ring with him and I thought he was going to propose on our anniversary (New Year's Eve) so I was not expecting anything at WDW, hoping but not expecting.

So we headed back to our room for a shower and then back out to purchase tix for the rest of the week, dinner, and the fireworks. We had stopped on our way in at the beautiful New Orleans Style fountain right outside the Jazz Bldgs to pitch pennies. We finally got pennies in the top and moved on. On our way back out, he wanted to stop and pitch pennies again. Keep in mind, it had been a LOOONNNGG day and I was tired and hungry. He made me pitch pennies until I got one in the top. I said "fine, can we go now?" (not very nicely I might add) and walked toward the lobby. He came up behind me, put his arms around me and said "whatcha doing?" My blood begins to boil and I snap back "going to dinner, duh!" He then says "no, whatcha doing for the next 50 years?" and pops out the ring. I turned, kissed him, said "harrassing you, I guess!" and then made the realization that he had only planned on us living 50 years longer!! LOL We then headed to the MK to watch the fireworks and I cried like a baby.

I have been to WDW with every person in my life who is important and special. It held so many great memories but that night took the cake. I was so overwhelmed with emotion and joy that I could not stop crying. It was so awesome. We have been back at least once every year since then. We were going to go on a cruise when he gets home but he was upset that we weren't going to go to WDW this year. So, PORiverside, here we come! YIPPEE!!

I really liked the Wishes idea too -"Do you want to know what my Wish is?" That is just so perfect!!

Good luck and keep us posted on how you decide and how it turns out!

Annissa

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

First off...congrats to you and your special person!!! WDW is probably one of the best placed to propose.

I got engaged May 17th, 2004. It was on the first day of our trip, we were at MK and headed up to the castle to get our picture taken. My (then) boyfriend was kinda quiet, but I blamed it on the fact we didn't sleep well the night before and were so excited to get to WDW all the energy was gone. So anywhoo...we got our turn to step up by the "Partners" statue and I bent down to put my camera and guidemap on the bench. I stood up and see him holding a small maroon box. I lost it completely (and he hadn't said anything yet!) Then he moves to one knee and asks "Will you marry me?" I had tossed my head back and did that cry/laugh thing that girls do and said "Of course I will!" He put the ring on my finger, we kissed, then faced the camera for our picture. The best part was he got some complete stranger to take pictures of him proposing. good thing to cuz I still don't remember all of what happened! :D

My advice would be: If you don't mind being infront of people, go for something out in the open (i.e. the castle, a restaurant) if that's not the case...pick a nice quiet spot at a resort or somewhere in the MK.

Upvote 0

McArcDes

First off thanks for starting this thread. I am planning on proposing to my GF while we are at WDW this October. I am still not sure how exactly I am going to do it but she has a thing for Show White and the Prince. She says I am her Prince and she looks like Snow White more than any other person I have ever seen including the Snow Whites at WDW. I have thought about seeing what Gifts of a Lifetime ( http://www.giftsofalifetime.com ) has to offer but I really want my proposal to reflect us and some of the things we have shared. So it boils down to I dont have a set plan yet but am working on it....Good Luck with your proposal. I cant wait to here how it went.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I LOVE hearing about other Disney proposals! Mine was November 30, 2004 as I've probably posted on here 30 times already! :animwink:

On so many of our previous trips we had seen couples get engaged and my fiance knew that I wanted ours to be there so badly. He knew Wishes was my favorite fireworks show so he asked me while we stood in front of the castle right at the part when the Blue Fairy says "Now, let's all put our hearts together and make a wish come true." Everyone around us clapped and congratulated us after the fireworks. My avatar is us at our engagment spot :) It was by far the most special moment of my life.

Brer Bear- If you choose to do the proposal at Cinderella's Royal Table, I'm sure that she will LOVE it (and I'm sure say YES!). Like you said, she will love anyway that you propose, so if you can't afford it, don't feel bad. It doesn't have to be an elaborate proposal for the two of you to remember for the rest of your life. Good luck :wave:

Upvote 0
Okay, I'm totally stupid, but I'd LOVE to be proposed at by the TOT. Like, if he got a castmember to be like, "Thanks for checking in at the hollywood tower hotel, this package arrived for you today", and then there was the ring... I dunno, ahahha... I mean, in front of the castle would be nice, too, but I think in front of one of my fave rides would be fun!

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Friends of mine got engaged in WDW. The (now) husband talked to the wait staff ahead of time and coordinated this ahead of time. They enjoyed their appetizers first, then their main course came out under silver domes. The waiter lifted the dome and there was a single rose with Mouse Ears on top. The mouse ears were embroidered with "Will You Marry Me'' and the ring was positioned on the stem of the rose.
She said yes of course.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

TOTguest1127 said:
Okay, I'm totally stupid, but I'd LOVE to be proposed at by the TOT. Like, if he got a castmember to be like, "Thanks for checking in at the hollywood tower hotel, this package arrived for you today", and then there was the ring... I dunno, ahahha... I mean, in front of the castle would be nice, too, but I think in front of one of my fave rides would be fun!

I totally forgot about this until I saw this post. On our last trip this past May, as we were exiting the ride where you see the pictures, we saw someone propose to their girlfriend on the elevator after us. The guy and his girlfriend were in the front row and then the three people in the row behind them held up a sign that said "Amy will you marry me?" when they take your picture before the drop. Of course being the romantic person I am, I wanted to wait for them to come off the elevators and the girl to see the picture. We waited for quite a few minutes for them to come off, but for some reason we didn't see them. Hopefully she said yes...

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

SewIn2Disney said:
Friends of mine got engaged in WDW. The (now) husband talked to the wait staff ahead of time and coordinated this ahead of time. They enjoyed their appetizers first, then their main course came out under silver domes. The waiter lifted the dome and there was a single rose with Mouse Ears on top. The mouse ears were embroidered with "Will You Marry Me'' and the ring was positioned on the stem of the rose.
She said yes of course.

Wow...now that's romantic!

Upvote 0

Brer Bear

Original Poster
If your going to ask your girlfriend in public, you should makes sure you know she is gooing to say yes. When I was there last Dec. some guy asked his girlfriend to marry him on the monorail to Epcot. Unfortunately she said "This is not a good time right now" I was so sad for the guy. Needless to say it made for a very awkward trip to Epcot.

I forgot to tell everyone that I have a few more surprises for her on out trip. We have a limo picking us up from the airport. For some strange reason she has always wanted to do that. And she thinks we are staying at a hotel in kissimmie (spelled wrong???) But we are really booked at the Wilderness Lodge.

Can't Wait

Upvote 0
Good luck to you! I am so excited to hear about another proposal at Disney. I was proposed to at Chef Mickeys at Breakfast!
Wherever and whenever you plan to do it at Disney, it is going to be such a special moment. Now if your girlfriend has any inkling that you are going to do this, I suggest proposing when she would least expect it.
In my case, I never thought my husband would pop the question at breakfast. It was so unusual and that is what makes for a memorable moment.

Upvote 0

popkid

Brer Bear said:
Wow this thread has really turned out great with some terriffic stories!!! I just tallked to the manager of the Royal Table yesterday. He said that for $225.00 (yikes!!) You get whatever you want on the menu, plus they engrave a glass slipper, bring you sparkling champaign, and dessert. Sounded kind of expensive since I am on sort of a budget. But I think I'm leaning towards doing it. Does everyone think that this is sort of unnessicary seing that she will be supprised and love any way I end up proposing, and it won't cost me $225.00 bones to do something different?

Let me know - Thanks

My only reservation on this is you are basically paying for someone else's idea. It's your proposal, make it unique, make it original, make it yours, and save yourself $225 while you're at it :)

Just kidding about that last part, but still - I called Disney when I was deciding on where and when to pop the question. All their ideas were amazing, but I didn't do any of them simply becuase they were THEIR ideas. I wanted something spontanious, and unique to me fiance and I.

Ok, two cents spent...

time for bed now

Upvote 0

Pippa

I got proposed to at WDW on Nov 28 2000, at the Adventurers Club on Pleasure Island. We just adore the AC and Glen co-ordinated the whole thing with the manager and the CMs. We were given a disposable camera and had our bar bill wiped out at the end of the night. The CMs were wonderful and while it might not be everyones cup of tea, for us it was the best proposal ever!!!

Now just look at my sig!! The wedding is on October 15th!

Upvote 0

McArcDes

I have read just about every thread on this subject and I keep hearing about proposing infront of the Castle, at Cinderellas Golden Table, During Wishes, etc. etc. etc. They are all totaly wonderful ways to propose but being who I am I want to do it in a totally special way that is all our own. I have thought about things we have enjoyed together Disney and non-Disney and I am putting together and way of proposing that is about us and what we have shared in the past 2 years. I am still not sure if I am going to ask Disney or anyone else to help but I would like to have it on video and some pictures as well....

I have also done some research and I have read to keep it simple because the best laid plans of mice and men can go arye very quickly.

Upvote 0

ThePurpleDonkey

I am in the same boat

I am also looking to get engaged at disney next month. It is our favorite place. I have read many ideas but I am still unsure of where is the best place. Has anyone taken the carriage ride? I was wondering if the women consider it a romantic one?

Upvote 0

McArcDes

ThePurpleDonkey said:
I am also looking to get engaged at disney next month. It is our favorite place. I have read many ideas but I am still unsure of where is the best place. Has anyone taken the carriage ride? I was wondering if the women consider it a romantic one?

I would think that if there is someplace that has a lot of meaning to both of you work great. Does she like carrage rides? I have seen the ones at Port Orleans Riverside and although I have never taken one I think it would be very romantic to take one on a warm, clear night with the stars shining above you in the sky, riding along the river near the Mansions. Giving her a dozen red roses and asking her while you ride. You could possibly get the CM in on it and have him / her hide the roses for you till just the right moment, then look into your future wifes eyes and tell her that as beautiful as this night is it is nothing in comparison to your love for her and would she do you the honor of becoming your wife.

Just an idea...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom