Suggest a new name for the W. Redskins

JQpublic

There is a "Nationals" so why not "Americans", so Washington Americans. Sentinels would be okay if they keep that style os cheerleaders too. We can skip the puking. Could go with giant "A" until sometime they can get a nice logo.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
2 things to mention even though it's been a 1/2 a year since I posted on this thread:
#1 The Washington Football Club MIGHT not ever select a team mascot / name
Actually the fans are fine with it the way it currently is. Additionally, the announcers are fine when calling the game: "Washington's got the momentum....or ...Washington's gonna have to punt". Everyone seems to be used to it.
#2 The thing that made me even recall that I had this thread is that I saw an article on Yahoo this morning stating the MLB Cleveland Indians are expected to announce (within a week) the they will be dropping the team name "Indians".

Reportedly, No new has been selected as of yet.

ppet

Since I gave up on the NFL, Haven't watched a game this year and haven't missed it I care very little. I think they should name themselves after DC number 1 group. I give you the Washington Cowards. Washington Lying Politicians is a close second as that covers both Democrats and Republicans.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
They have fans?
I'm thinking that they have more fans than your Ravens.
Virginia and West Virginia do not have a team within their borders. It was my impression that many residents of those 2 states root for the team formerly known as the Redskins.
EDIT....I'm wrong....please see my next post.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Virginia and West Virginia do not have a team within their borders. It was my impression that many residents of those 2 states root for the team formerly known as the Redskins.
Nope I'm wrong.
This article ranks all 32 teams.
The Ravens have more fans than Washington.

StarWarsGirl

EDIT....I'm wrong....please see my next post.
I was gonna say...people in these parts love their football, and they are NOT cheering for Washington. Plus, you might be correct...if Washington's football team actually played in Washington, but they play in Maryland, kind of in the middle of nowhere. Ravens have a newer stadium (I have been to both...M&T Bank Stadium is much better than FedEx field), plus they have a team that's been consistently winning. Plus we get Southern PA fans as well (some still go for Philly or Pittsburg, but there are quite a few PA Ravens fans). Even when Baltimore didn't have a team, people in these parts did NOT cheer for the Redskins.

We Ravens fans enjoy making fun of them, though. "You last won a Superbowl when? Do you still know what those are?" This is usually met with an eye roll, sometimes a "yeah, yeah, we know..." from the Washington Football Team fans. All in good fun. 🙃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom