Stupid cast members at WDW!

Re: re: JerrySchauer's CM Bashing

...just a little bit unfair. that's a bit like saying that all you were hired to do was build things to protect our nation from attack and you blew it!
Not really a fair analogy, however, it shows the extremity our civilization takes criticism. Clearly, I am but a small player of a very large team, each freely volunteer and swear to take individual responsibility; however, we all must work together with one goal of peace for the future of our nation and world, quite an ambitious objective compared to the entertainment industry, where you aren’t human chess pieces of death and superiority. Yes, publicly we boast our victories and privately we analyze our failures, this team has many responsibilities and like Disney some individuals are more dedicated and more educated than others. our team "blew it!" and we learned a lot from it. Every conflict the US history has encountered failures and in the military, we even go so far as give medals for failure. Many risks had to be taken, measures have been conceived and discoveries have been made. Leaders have struggled to bring change to our team and society. Think of the numerous changes that have taken place since the attack. Which ones can you tolerate? The evaluation process is subjective; many will disagree with its research and its results. Anyway you look at it too often people do not take enough responsibility for their work ethics and may even shrug training practices. In my way of life you pay attention to your details and your team members so you can leave a war zone and return home, where we all have the right to freely express our opinions and “…thank America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, discovery and freedom.” Walt Disney

re: JerrySchauer Bashing

Ok, Once again, I have gone too far and over analyzed the situation and brought up a lot of info that is not relevant and apparently through text I really made it sound like I was scolding or bashing this CM. Yes, I held her to MY high expectations and that was unfair. I have to tell you it didn’t go as awful as it sounds. It was light hearted and we did laugh at the mistake. I think I said something like… So that means I can put this in the survey? She agreed with a laugh and that’s why she told me that her name on her name tag wasn’t her real name, and then she told me her real name. I now understand how one would take the words typed in this forum versus the manner in which they where actually spoken. She didn’t have a PDA or tablet I’ve seen before; just a pen and paper, no other questions where asked. She might not have even worked for Disney, just a person collecting a bunch of e-mail address to send spam to. BTW, I never mentioned any name in the questionnaire.

Sorry…

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Pixie Duster
Mkt is gonna kill me

no I'm not. I have severed my ties with the Walt Disney Company in every way other than my stock ownership. I'm not defending the company anymore, and I'm not defending bad CM's anymore. They d¡cked with me for the last time... they keep the bad CM's, but the good ones somehow end up being involuntarily seperated.

I don't want to work in that atmosphere again.

I love the Disney Magic. I hate everything else about that godforsaken company.

Long gone are the college campus days that we all love to believe are still there. Roy is Right. The CM's will not put up with this much longer, and if the shareholders don't drive out current leadership, the cast can.

Yeah, they'll probably lose their jobs... but when new management comes around, all those who lost their jobs will more than likely be brought back.

This isn't about fixing the company anymore. It's about ridding the evil within it.

General Grizz

Originally posted by mkt
no I'm not. I have severed my ties with the Walt Disney Company in every way other than my stock ownership. I'm not defending the company anymore, and I'm not defending bad CM's anymore. They d¡cked with me for the last time... they keep the bad CM's, but the good ones somehow end up being involuntarily seperated.

I don't want to work in that atmosphere again.

I love the Disney Magic. I hate everything else about that godforsaken company.

Long gone are the college campus days that we all love to believe are still there. Roy is Right. The CM's will not put up with this much longer, and if the shareholders don't drive out current leadership, the cast can.

Yeah, they'll probably lose their jobs... but when new management comes around, all those who lost their jobs will more than likely be brought back.

This isn't about fixing the company anymore. It's about ridding the evil within it.

"ROB IS RIGHT". :D

CoraJack

Account Suspended
While I would not ever call CM's "dumb", this past trip I saw a few of them do dumb things. Both of the incidents were at the Beach Club.

One evening we were returning late and we saw this security guard running out of the front doors. My son and I stopped to look and this guy jumped in his little security truck and raced off at over 60 MPH from the Beach Club parking lot. A manager came running out after him and a few of us were just standing there is disbelief. The manager said, "He overreacts sometimes." Overreacts????? That man was on a possible mission to kill someone! I was just so glad I was not on the road when he was driving like a maniac due to his "overreacting".

Also when we were checking out on the evening of March 6th, there were about 6 people working outside at the Bell Services counter. I had to wait about 30 mins for my husband to pick us up, so I was able to watch them work. One man came up to the podium and was asking some questions, which I could not hear. After he left the only female CM on duty said very loudly, "What the HELL was that?" My son said, "Wow mom, I didn't think cast members were allowed to swear." I said, "Me neither."

This swearing incident was the last experience we had on Disney property this trip. It was really a shame that we had to be thrown back into the "real world" by this CM bashing a guest with profanity.

Again, dumb actions, but not dumb cast members. At least none that I have ever encountered. (Except for the ones who did not know where I could find the "gossip phone" LOL!)

Christina

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Thank god they don't give Disney Security guns. Most WDW Security Guards I know have 1 big problem.... they think they're cops. That's fine and dandy until something happens in which the real police have to be brought in because WDW Security has no real power to do anything.

Foolish Mortal

Originally posted by CoraJack
While I would not ever call CM's "dumb", this past trip I saw a few of them do dumb things. Both of the incidents were at the Beach Club.

One evening we were returning late and we saw this security guard running out of the front doors. My son and I stopped to look and this guy jumped in his little security truck and raced off at over 60 MPH from the Beach Club parking lot. A manager came running out after him and a few of us were just standing there is disbelief. The manager said, "He overreacts sometimes." Overreacts????? That man was on a possible mission to kill someone! I was just so glad I was not on the road when he was driving like a maniac due to his "overreacting".

Also when we were checking out on the evening of March 6th, there were about 6 people working outside at the Bell Services counter. I had to wait about 30 mins for my husband to pick us up, so I was able to watch them work. One man came up to the podium and was asking some questions, which I could not hear. After he left the only female CM on duty said very loudly, "What the HELL was that?" My son said, "Wow mom, I didn't think cast members were allowed to swear." I said, "Me neither."

This swearing incident was the last experience we had on Disney property this trip. It was really a shame that we had to be thrown back into the "real world" by this CM bashing a guest with profanity.

Again, dumb actions, but not dumb cast members. At least none that I have ever encountered. (Except for the ones who did not know where I could find the "gossip phone" LOL!)

Christina

You did say you didnt hear what the guy said to the girl right ! And I dont think using the word HELL is exactly guest bashing. It's not like she f bombed the guy. Besides, maybe the guest actually deserved it. Even if he paid thousands of dollars for his trip, that wouldnt give him the right to say something rude to the CM. Just a few thoughts.

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Um ok....FM.....

I could SEE the exchange and both the guest and the CM (including the CM's around her) were smiling and having a pleasant conversation.

There was no argument. It was a CM who was just being a smart a$$, and we were the unfortunate ones to have to witness it.

Christina

JMishy

I went to Disney World for the first time on my Honeymoon. You mean to tell me that Disney World had CMs??? ;) ;) ;) ;) I seem to only remember one person, so I couldn't tell ya if the CMs were bad or good...everything was rosey that week. :lol:

Pixie Duster

I know I keep resurecting this God forsaken thread, but I just wanted to make an announcement
********* FYI *********

TRADITIONS IS STILL 8 HOURS LONG! A few of us here on WDWMagic were under the impression that it was now cut to 4 hours. THAT IS INCORRECT. The standard Traditions class is 8 hours, the Traditions for College Program CMs is the 4 hour class. I am auditioning to be part of the 2005 Traditions team and that was my first question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom