Studios parking lot reaching capacity (Dec 2015)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
^this. As many have said, they seem to be keeping a lot open until right around dusk. So when everyone comes just for the lights, they don't have to redirect and back up the busses that are trying to come in. So if you come in the morning or right when the lights are starting, you're fine to park at Studios. But if you come in the afternoon when the first three lots are full and it's not deemed late enough to open the last lot, away to Epcot you go.
I was thinking the same thing when I was there Saturday, but that never seemed to happen. I had one daughter arrive at 5 and another at 5:30 and both were turned away while an entire section of the parking lot remained un-used.

sean4066

Like I said earlier I was there with my family Saturday. I do believe that diverting cars to other lots was to slow the pace of guests entering the park. When we tried to leave at 8pm the lines for the buses back to Epcot and magic kingdom where crazy long. The only issue I really have is that there was no cast members out there to help direct people. But,like I said before they had better get this worked out before Star Wars land and toy story land opens. At least they have SEVERAL years to work that out .

NearTheEars

The park itself isn't packed. Only one street is. Tower is a 20 minute wait.

Agreed. SOA is the only place with wall to wall people. Like I said earlier in this thread, we actually had a pleasant experience Saturday. Wait times were light, and we had already prepared ourselves to battle the crowd on SOA.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not sure if this is really worth reporting anymore, but redirect to Epcot is now underway at DHS.
shocked_joey_friends.gif

fillerup

From today's O'Sentinel, headline and first few paragraphs:

"Disney tinkers with Hollywood Studios parking"

If you've been turned away from the parking lot at Disney's Hollywood Studios lately, you might have thought that the theme park was at its capacity ... or that its parking lot was full.

You might have been wrong.

Disney World has adjusted its usual parking procedures for Hollywood Studios in recent weeks. Some guests have been asked to park instead in the Epcot lot and then return to the Studios via bus, boat or walkway.

The final year of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is bringing more attention -- and possibly attendance -- to the Studios. The attraction is switched on around dusk, and many visitors arrive about that time, a Disney World spokeswoman said this week.

Early arrivers sometimes have been redirected to Epcot. This is an attempt to ease traffic flow during the peak, late-afternoon period, she said. Leaving slots available at the Studios helps alleviate that crunch time, but it is contrary to the accustomed first-come-first-parked method.

Full story, unless there's a paywall: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ood-studios-lights-parking-20151215-post.html

jrhwdw

I'd say it's worth it.

From the mere fact that people look for information here first as well as the @wdwtoday account doesn't put out useful information.

Guests need to know, IMO. And Disney isn't communicating it well.

Especially starting Fri, it will be interesting to see how many times a day DHS goes though this since Symphony is starting and will most likely be the hit of the season(I'm guessing of course, but we all know what Disney can do in the air.) Has DHS been testing or are they just ready to go Thurs night/Fri morning?

PLEASE don't flame me but, I have a crazy thought about the empty lot issue. Could DHS be trying to make the the trip out of DHS easier at the end if the night? Beacuse of F!, the lights final season, and now Symphony, DHS may be a full park for Symphony. Epcot's lot after ROE anyone? Leaving a lot empty may cause a little less gridlock? Again, just a crazy thought, I do not live in FL so I do not know WDW's parking/transportation polices.

PhotoDave219

Especially starting Fri, it will be interesting to see how many times a day DHS goes though this since Symphony is starting and will most likely be the hit of the season(I'm guessing of course, but we all know what Disney can do in the air.) Has DHS been testing or are they just ready to go Thurs night/Fri morning?

PLEASE don't flame me but, I have a crazy thought about the empty lot issue. Could DHS be trying to make the the trip out of DHS easier at the end if the night? Beacuse of F!, the lights final season, and now Symphony, DHS may be a full park for Symphony. Epcot's lot after ROE anyone? Leaving a lot empty may cause a little less gridlock? Again, just a crazy thought, I do not live in FL so I do not know WDW's parking/transportation polices.

I think that the consensus is that the empty lot is for the late comers.

culturenthrills

Well, certain AP blackouts start tomorrow I believe so we will see if there is a drop off. We are gonna be there Saturday. I am crossing my fingers with it being the first day of no upcharge Christmas at MK but also the 2nd day of Star Wars fireworks at DHS. So we will see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom