Studio Backlot Tour

Yensid40

Original Poster
I did a search for this and did not get anything.

It was supposed to open back up yesterday. Has anyone been yet or has anyone seen some pictures of the refurb?

Exprcoofto

I did a search for this and did not get anything.

It was supposed to open back up yesterday. Has anyone been yet or has anyone seen some pictures of the refurb?

I've seen pictures on Twitter from BanksLee. Catastrophe Canyon seems like it got repainted along with the truck & other props in that scene. Something about the motorcycles from Indiana Jones was removed in one of the bone yards and something else is now in its place.

glee

Commence with the "it never should have reopened to begin with" replies... :rolleyes::lookaroun:lol:

Awr :ROFLOL::cry::ROFLOL: I like the backlot tour. Only the props bit though. My parents were once the "Actors" on the boat at the first stage of how they made pearl harbour.:eek::hammer::eek: CRINGE!!!! :ROFLOL:

IWant2GoNow

Awr :ROFLOL::cry::ROFLOL: I like the backlot tour. Only the props bit though. My parents were once the "Actors" on the boat at the first stage of how they made pearl harbour.:eek::hammer::eek: CRINGE!!!! :ROFLOL:

A couple of my friends got to do the battleship scene one year. They were hilarious. My one friend "hit the deck" pretty hard. He jumped and went completely horizontal and flopped on the deck. It looked like it hurt but he continued acting. :)

glee

A couple of my friends got to do the battleship scene one year. They were hilarious. My one friend "hit the deck" pretty hard. He jumped and went completely horizontal and flopped on the deck. It looked like it hurt but he continued acting. :)

Haha Kudos to your friend!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: :wave::sohappy: My mom just looked confused haha. And my dad coudnt stop laughing. I watched in the crowd with my little bro...Dying slightly. :eek::eek::eek: ..........:ROFLOL:

KJ1081

My father and I were chosen for this back in the day- I don't remember what the story line was (this was well before Pearl Harbor), but I was young and told to "bomb" my father, lol. He was completely drenched- sweet sweet revenge, lol

GrumpyFan

My oldest son and I got picked to be in the show, it was one of the most enjoyable things we ever did. I wish they had the ability to produce a tape or DVD of it though. My wife said we were embarissingly hilarious.

Even though it was fun back then, it's in need of a new story for both the tank (battleship scene) and catastrophe canyon.

smalld

They should install some cool lighting effects on the cayonnon and be open at night. It would make it better and look better imo. Make the fire more prominate and the focous point.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Ah, to see the ride during its heyday.
I really feel a connection with this attraction, because it has so much potential... but doesn't utilize it. :D

rsoxguy

tombstone.jpg

pacochran

It was a lot better when they had the movie set that you drove thru also. Putting in LMA took away a lot of what the tour was about.

Monorail_Orange

It was also far better before they went to the ridiculous pre-recorded spiel. I mean really, they still have a CM in the former tour guide seat to observe the moron guests - where was the savings in no longer having them spiel what was left of the attraction, and now just sitting there?

Methinks the bean counters at TDO might've forgotten to carry their one or something. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom