News Structure built in Kilimanjaro Safaris?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Saw this in person today.
Looks rather nice, but I have to admit I am curious as to what it's purpose is.

Food storage for certain residents in that particular area...?
CM refuge in case the rhinos get rowdy...?
Another top secret @realBobChapek Club location ...?

Oh wait...catching up on my reading now.
So likely a new animal being introduced to this area, and this structure is a part of that.
Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

-

Yeah, from everything we have seen it appears that the building is just decorative.

cookiee_munster

Yeah, from everything we have seen it appears that the building is just decorative.
I don't think it is. i have a friend who works at the park and they told me (after i shown them the picture) that they are not allowed to say. I would have thought if it was just decorative they would have just confirmed that. So i think it's something more than just decorative. i asked whether we'd know about it soon and they weren't sure "when thats all happening"

So, make of that what you will :)

Magic Feather

I don't think it is. i have a friend who works at the park and they told me (after i shown them the picture) that they are not allowed to say. I would have thought if it was just decorative they would have just confirmed that. So i think it's something more than just decorative. i asked whether we'd know about it soon and they weren't sure "when thats all happening"

To clarify, “decorative” means that the building is effectively a prop, but the expectation is that it will be an “enriching” part of the habitat for the next animal(s) to inhabit that area. It’s like a substitute for the Warthog Burrows, Kopi, Island in the Hippo Pool, etc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

That doesn't mean it's not part of a new animal exhibit that they just don't want to talk about. I do feel it's part of something larger. I just don't think there is anything inside the building because there doesn't appear to be any way to access the interior.

JoeCamel

That may be more of a blanket ban on talking about anything under construction and not announced

cookiee_munster

That doesn't mean it's not part of a new animal exhibit that they just don't want to talk about. I do feel it's part of something larger. I just don't think there is anything inside the building because there doesn't appear to be any way to access the interior.
Oh definitely, I agree there. I think whatever is happenning, nothing will be going inside.

MaryJaneP

Could building be start of Skyliner replacement of trailwatch train while simultaneously giving an aerial view of KS? Seemingly could increase throughput of guests wishing to view notazoo.

Astro Blaster

Saw it today - definitely makes sense that they’re going to introduce an animal into the area because otherwise there’s nothing there, you just drive right through.

Attachments

• 55404EA7-86DC-49B9-9C86-14CD46CFE397.jpeg
    55404EA7-86DC-49B9-9C86-14CD46CFE397.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 128

nickys

Premium Member
You mean apart from what looks like a door at the front? 😉

No doubt when said goats or other animal is introduced, the door will be opened / removed to give access. Whether that is for the animal or for animal keepers to have access remains to be seen.

Or the animal entrance is hidden around the back and that door like feature is just decorative, Either way I think there will be something inside the structure - eventually.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

No doubt when said goats or other animal is introduced, the door will be opened / removed to give access. Whether that is for the animal or for animal keepers to have access remains to be seen.

Or the animal entrance is hidden around the back and that door like feature is just decorative, Either way I think there will be something inside the structure - eventually.
I don't think either the door or the windows operate. There is a box on the side looking like it hides something and we have not seen the backside. Maybe access there but I think this is a set piece. The first post in this thread has a link to a BM article with this picture in it.
blog.jpg

UNCgolf

I don't think either the door or the windows operate. There is a box on the side looking like it hides something and we have not seen the backside. Maybe access there but I think this is a set piece.

Yeah, I think there was a photo either in this thread or elsewhere that showed the door frame over a solid wall with no hinges. I assume there will be something else added with hinges to make it look more realistic, but it looked like the building was just a shell with no actual access point, at least in the front.

_caleb

I thought the same thing! But then
Seems strange they’d use hinges to attach non-functional windows and doors.

EDIT: Another member pointed out that those are brackets, not hinges!

They are not hinges, just brackets to hold the doors and windows on.

View attachment 493876

JoeCamel

I don't think either the door or the windows operate. There is a box on the side looking like it hides something and we have not seen the backside. Maybe access there but I think this is a set piece. The first post in this thread has a link to a BM article with this picture in it.
View attachment 501408

Yeah, I think there was a photo either in this thread or elsewhere that showed the door frame over a solid wall with no hinges. I assume there will be something else added with hinges to make it look more realistic, but it looked like the building was just a shell with no actual access point, at least in the front.

I thought the same thing! But then
I find it interesting that they split the window shutters to seem like they open in the center but only placed a catch on one side?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom