News Structure built in Kilimanjaro Safaris?

RSoxNo1

On further investigation, I’m really starting to like the goat theory. Here is a list of evidence that would support it.
  1. Goats are on average larger than Springbok, so they would likely be okay to have access to the truck’s path.
  2. The structure doesn’t appear to have any actual access points (all doors and windows appear purely decorative), so this would just have to be a prop building. So, what kind of animal would need a prop building?
  3. Goats often need stimulating terrain in their habitats whether natural or man made. Think of the raised platforms in the Planet Watch or Goats on a Roof in Pigeon Forge.
  4. The structure recently had a canopy added to the front that added additional flat roof space that goats could be on top of, plus, the elevated space is good for viewing goats from the truck because they are smaller animals.

5. The only counter evidence that I can think of is that goats would be a rather lackluster finale to the safari, unless they were incorporated into some type of story.
Keep in mind that this area has struggled to have a permanent resident since the removal of the poacher scene. They've had Addax, Zebra and Scimitar Horned Oryx here. While us animal lovers may appreciate all of them, none of them are as impactful to the majority of guests as the lions or elephants.

UNCgolf

Keep in mind that this area has struggled to have a permanent resident since the removal of the poacher scene. They've had Addax, Zebra and Scimitar Horned Oryx here. While us animal lovers may appreciate all of them, none of them are as impactful to the majority of guests as the lions or elephants.

Maybe they're going to try to move the cheetahs there. They like being able to get up on higher objects to survey the area, and they're often hard to see where they're currently located.

Just depends on if they'd have access to any prey animals from that location. They're not really a concern for the safari riders themselves.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe they're going to try to move the cheetahs there. They like being able to get up on higher objects to survey the area, and they're often hard to see where they're currently located.

Just depends on if they'd have access to any prey animals from that location. They're not really a concern for the safari riders themselves.
It would be way too close to the ride path for Cheetahs

ImperfectPixie

I seem to recall having seen something on the Discovery Channel in which a cheetah climbed aboard a moving vehicle and didn't want to leave...and started to get a little overly "friendly". Thankfully, he took off relatively quickly after that.

UNCgolf

I seem to recall having seen something on the Discovery Channel in which a cheetah climbed aboard a moving vehicle and didn't want to leave...and started to get a little overly "friendly". Thankfully, he took off relatively quickly after that.

They do that regularly on actual safaris. They sometimes pee inside when the vehicle has an open top (the Kiliminjaro doesn't, so no issue there).

UNCgolf

Why would it be different than any other animal? The only concern would be the safari vehicle hitting them, unless you're saying it would give them access to prey animals. That's a different story and would be the only real concern with cheetahs.

They aren't dangerous to humans. I suppose it would still be a step too far for Disney just by virtue of being big cats and the potential optics of it, but they're not really any more likely to injure a person than a zebra, and probably less likely than animals like rhinos and elephants. I'm almost positive there has never been a documented attack on a human by a cheetah in the wild.

The location also may not be big enough for cheetahs, though. I was just throwing it out there as a possibility since they're not a threat to people.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They do that regularly on actual safaris. They sometimes pee inside when the vehicle has an open top (the Kiliminjaro doesn't, so no issue there).

jdmwz.jpg

BoarderPhreak

Nobody's seen the latest photos? It now has a rough-and-tumble corrugated tin roof over the building itself and one forming a sort of overhang/porch... Held up by four (cement) "logs." One's even angled, to add some additional authenticity. There is a door and windows. Even more curious, there are retaining walls to either side. I suspect once it's a little further along, additional dirt will be landscaped in to hide it all. Starting to look a bit like a shanty town shack. A bit "fancy" for animals to catch some shade in, but who knows... Maybe it's for hiding additional infrastructure or food.

Smiley/OCD

Lol I’m about 20 miles from it, haven’t been there in about 20 years but still thought it was called Great Adventure. I need to get out more.
I always chuckle to myself when people on here complain about the conditions at WDW,,,When it opened in 1974, it was privately owned, and it showed...the park was impressive. Then it went through several ownership changes and finally became part of the Six Flags parks.
They're trying to be too many things to too many people. Thrill rides like Cedar Point, experiences like WDW, but they fail that on every level. Peeling paint all over the park, broken, uneven sidewalks all over, and let's not even talk about the "guests"...

Touchdown

Lol I’m about 20 miles from it, haven’t been there in about 20 years but still thought it was called Great Adventure. I need to get out more.

Six Flags is like a certain public figure, and Disney for that matter, it insists it’s name be added to everything it owns. That’s why the park in New Jersey is called Six Flags Great Adventure.

Never mind that name being pointless, the original (and the only other 2 parks actually built by the chain) were called Six Flags because it was themed as a historical park where each land was set in the time period when a “Flag” flew over the state it was in (for the original Texas park it was Spain, France, Mexico, Lone Star Republic, Confederacy and the United States)

DisneyDebRob

Six Flags is like a certain public figure, and Disney for that matter, it insists it’s name be added to everything it owns. That’s why the park in New Jersey is called Six Flags Great Adventure.

Never mind that name being pointless, the original (and the only other 2 parks actually built by the chain) were called Six Flags because it was themed as a historical park where each land was set in the time period when a “Flag” flew over the state it was in (for the original Texas park it was Spain, France, Mexico, Lone Star Republic, Confederacy and the United States)
We would go 2-3 times a month back in late 70’s. Was the best place for high schoolers who didn’t have money to go to WDW. I was fortunate to be going to Disney from 72 but others were not so spent a lot of time at great adventure.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If non-functional what's with the vehicle access? Ranger station with actors?
Is that PVC pipe? Are we anticipating any kind of water or electrical effect (preferably not both at the same time) else we get "toast mcgoats!"

Interesting development. Hope it leads to a more impressive "finale".

Last edited:

GCTales

My father did an actual safari and a cheetah did that on their vehicle.

I didnt believe him until he showed me pics and a video someone shot of the "experience".

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Is that PVC pipe? Are we anticipating any kind of water or electrical effect (preferably not both at the same time) else we get "toast mcgoats!"

I'm anticipating some related narration and a purely decorative house with no effects beyond maybe lighting. Possibly with goats or another animal. Could be wrong though.

Magic Feather

It doesn’t have vehicle access (the thing behind it is too narrow for vehicles and looks like it will be filled in).

At this point, it seems all but guaranteed that this building is merely a prop either for a new animal (I doubt they’d relocate any of the existing ones here) or a new show scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom