strong tropical storm

scottnj1966

everytime they update it, they track it more south.
as all weather predictions dont start taking the tracking serious until two or three days out.

This is the one to watch then.

picture.php

PhotoDave219

Ana is falling apart and barely registers as a Tropical Depression.

Claudette is fast moving and is trying to impact weather here in Georgia.

Renee48

Unfortunately, I didn't take out any insurance this trip. I booked online after getting tired of being on hold. Thanks for the advice though. I think we'll still go. Hopefully things will work out. From now on I'm making sure I have insurance. I thought about it but then thought "oh, I've never needed/used it before" and this happens. There was nothing happening when I booked the trip but I should've been safe rather than sorry. Hopefully Disney will do the right thing if it comes down to it and give me a refund or let me rebook for January.

SeaBreeze

Unfortunately, I didn't take out any insurance this trip. I booked online after getting tired of being on hold. Thanks for the advice though. I think we'll still go. Hopefully things will work out. From now on I'm making sure I have insurance. I thought about it but then thought "oh, I've never needed/used it before" and this happens. There was nothing happening when I booked the trip but I should've been safe rather than sorry. Hopefully Disney will do the right thing if it comes down to it and give me a refund or let me rebook for January.

Honestly, I would still go. I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry about it too much. Check the NHC (National Hurricane Center) site once a day just so you have the general idea of what's going on in the tropics. The storms are so far out there right now that it's not worth getting too worked up over, but it is wise to keep an eye on them. Like others have said, the only real concern are your travel days and if a storm hits when you're there, you may just end up flying a day later or sooner than you expected. However, I say go and have fun!

Then again, I live in FL and this is just a way of life for us :lookaroun

DisneyRunner

I was there last year with extended family during hurricane Faye. It rained for days straight. Other guests stayed in their rooms for the first day, but I came all that way and I wasn't going to sit in my room. We made the best of it. We walked around and checked out other resorts and shopped.

:brick: I live in Navarre, which is outside of Pensacola, and I start school in a week and my sweet 16th birthday is coming up and I will be PEEVED if this interferes with it.
It rained for like, 5 minutes today but that's about it. It's supposed to POUR tonight, though ..

hrcollectibles

I was there last year with extended family during hurricane Faye. It rained for days straight. Other guests stayed in their rooms for the first day, but I came all that way and I wasn't going to sit in my room. We made the best of it. We walked around and checked out other resorts and shopped.

I was there at the same time as you :) I liked the stormy weather.. And by the time it hit Orlando it was downgraded to a tropical storm

WelshBatman

The only problem with Fay last year was that it wouldn't go away. But there wasn't any severe weather in the Disney area. To be truthful, there are few safer places to be in Florida than Disney when there's a storm.

And as far as Claudette goes, we haven't even gotten any rain today... could have used some but nothing.

omgthatsfun

Does anyone know when it is that Ana or Bill will hit? I'm going to be in WDW for 3 days starting the 20th, not to mention the cruise...

Help!

Jorden

I know you already said you're thinking of going but that's what I was going to vote for.

Honestly I was there a few years ago for Ernesto. By the time it got to Orlando it was a tropical depression. It rained all day (but other than that the weather was fine). In fact I was able to do 3 parks that day.

DHS first thing (before the storm hit... it was dead from people hiding in resorts/homes).

Epcot (rain hit when all that was left was Test Track so no biggie there).

MK (did EVERYTHING including Splash Mountain).

There was no waits for ANYTHING including quick service food. The CMS looked SO bored just waiting for someone to come and order something (food was cold... probably had been sitting a while).

Really other than the cold Pecos Bills burger the day was great (just wet) and really if you plan accordingly you may luck into a similar event.

dandaman

^It barely sprinkled when we went to AK during Ernesto. Got 10 rides in about 90 minutes on Everest. :D Fay was an adventure to land in at night, though. A perfect sunset flying just above the clouds, and about 15 seconds further into the descent all hell broke loose. :lol:

PhotoDave219

.... And just a side note here.....

There's nothing like a dead park on the morning before a hurricane. I've never done so many rides before. Of course i still couldnt get on Peter Pan or walk up service to the Castle for breakfast....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom