Stroller Troubles

Gabe1124

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any alternatives that they use when their little ones don't want to sit in the stroller. We are going in mid december with our soon-to-be 3 year old (turns 3 in January) and she is not a big fan of sitting in the stroller. I was just wondering if any other parents have run into this issue and have any alternatives or solutions to getting your child to sit in the stroller. Thanks for the help!

dadddio

He never stated beating a child. You have way to much time on your hands. I have been around kids who were beat on and I have been around kids spanked. There is a huge difference. You can go preach some where else with that. This right here is what is wrong with our youth. Look at today kids and kids from back in the days. There is a major difference in their behavior. I wonder why that is???
Video games? Ipads? Car DVDs? Grandparents who sugar them up?

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Video games? Ipads? Car DVDs? Grandparents who sugar them up?
Rewarding mediocrity? Parents who can't say "no"? Teachers who can't really punish them without backlash from parents? Parents who view their children as the most special snowflakes that have ever graced the planet? Reduced promotion of creativity in children in favor of structured play that can better avoid child abduction?

No. Must be a reduction in the daily beatings. Nevermind the fact that folks in the south and midwest tend to favor spanking more than in the northeast and west, yet people complain about the quality of today's young'uns everywhere...

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Rewarding mediocrity? Parents who can't say "no"? Teachers who can't really punish them without backlash from parents? Parents who view their children as the most special snowflakes that have ever graced the planet? Reduced promotion of creativity in children in favor of structured play that can better avoid child abduction?

No. Must be a reduction in the daily beatings. Nevermind the fact that folks in the south and midwest tend to favor spanking more than in the northeast and west, yet people complain about the quality of today's young'uns everywhere...
Well, how a person raises their child is personal.
My parents spanked us when we acted out... I probably got 5 spankings my whole life while my older sister got quite a few.
Needless to say, we both turned out pretty good! I'm actually thankful for my parents spanking me, my sister too.
I have a few friends who got no punishments or got time outs and they are pretty dysfunctional and lack self discipline. So you never know.. it affects everyone differently. I'm sure plenty of children who didn't get spankings are great people though.

So I respect your opinion and admire you for how strongly you feel about child abuse.
But my own opinion is that a spanking and beating are different. So lets talk about strollers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Yeah I'm not buying into either. My brothers played those types. And again perfect citizens.
You don't seem to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific proof. There are exceptions to every scientific finding. That doesn't make your single case study trump the weight of scientific evidence. HIV is a fatal infection, but not everyone with HIV dies from AIDS.

Upvote 0

Runmyhorse

You don't seem to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific proof. There are exceptions to every scientific finding. That doesn't make your single case study trump the weight of scientific evidence. HIV is a fatal infection, but not everyone with HIV dies from AIDS.

Oh gosh you just don't give up. We'll that's okay my parents taught me not to keep arguing with folks. Some people are just not gonna see it the way you do. I disagree with what you say and there isn't any proof that support your theory anymore then mine. With that said good day

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Oh gosh you just don't give up. We'll that's okay my parents taught me not to keep arguing with folks. Some people are just not gonna see it the way you do. I disagree with what you say and there isn't any proof that support your theory anymore then mine. With that said good day
No, I don't quit. That's why I have a Ph.D. in biology. Just because you don't read scientific journals doesn't mean there is no proof. But my parents taught me the same things as you, so I bid your ignorance good-bye.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess your parents never taught you not to name call. Lol that's the first sign that you lost an argument. Lol real measure and shows who the real ignorant one is.
I think you might have read more into his statement than what was there. Everyone has some ignorance of certain subjects, so to bid someone's ignorance farewell is a lot different than name calling.

Upvote 0

disneyfan56

What an interesting thread!

It never fails to astound me that some people have 100% faith that their opinion is 100% correct. Is that even statistically possible?

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I have 2 girls 13 months apart. When they were little I traveled with them by myself a lot. We were always on the go to either the zoo or the mall or out of town somewhere. I even took them solo to WDW at 2&3 years of age. Whether or not to sit in the stroller was not an option for them. They did what I told them to do and I did not have to spank them to do it. From the time they were old enough to understand what I was saying to them I was teaching them that they must do what Mama and Daddy say, no exceptions! A parent's number one job is to keep your kid safe and to raise productive members of society. If it is in the child's best interest to be in the stroller so that you know where they are at all times then make that clear. At 4 the child is old enough to understand this. If you are fine with the child walking and taking more rests then do that. If you want the child in the stroller then make sure their butt is in the stroller. Adults are supposed to be in charge not the child. My kids are in their teens now and are honor roll kids and are good people, in case anyone was wondering how my parenting style turned out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom