stroller storage

disneyliv85

Original Poster
I know I know, another stroller question :p

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a nice lightweight stroller with storage underneath that won't break the bank! The really cheap ones seem to have no storage and the ones with storage are about $100+! That's a lot in my book anyway. My one year old daughter will be using if. If you know of one that also has cup holders that's always a plus!

happymom52003

Combi makes really good light weight strollers that are great for traveling. We have two of them and love them. There are quite a few models, and while alot of them are over $100, you can find some starting around $60 and up, especially if you shop around online. Sometimes you can also get lucky and find a model that is being discontinued....that is what we did. We only paid $40 each for ours because the next model was about to come out.

Here is an example:http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2953837

Lamping3

I know your pain. I also have a 1 year old and part of our large stroller broke in November so I had to replace the stroller....I decided to go for a smaller stroller b/c she is getting to the point where we don't need the massive storage but still need some...we are planning a WDW trip in December so I wanted one to work for that too. I just bought a Graco umbrella type stroller....it was originally over $100 but I think I paid $70...I used the same idea as the poster above. It was a model that they were trying to get rid of. Seriously I spent days online at Target.com and BabiesRus.com researching what others thought of the strollers. Once I got to the store the combi one I was planning on buying was not what I expected for the price. I ended up putting her in multiple floor models and I was going to buy the expensive Maclaren until I found the graco one in the clearance section. None had the storage that I wanted....only the more expensive ones have cup holders (but I've been told you can buy an attachment...I haven't looked for one yet). I ended up with the graco one because it had the most recline and was easiest to recline with out waking a sleeping baby....I still like for her to be able to be comfortable taking a nap if we are out for a shopping day or once we get to Disney.
So my advice is to load up the baby go to your local BabiesRus and try out all of the strollers....even take the bag you are planning to use to see if it fits in the storage. Most of the time the employees there are very helpful and knowledgeable about the products. Don't forget to check the sale section!!

Sorry for the lengthy post!!
Hope this helps and have a great trip!!!

Jessie&Buzz

If you have a Craigs List near you, that is a great place to get a stroller for less. I was looking at ours last spring. We were going to Washington DC and Williamsburg, VA. Our son is 5 but I knew that would be way too much walking. I ended up getting an umbrella stroller at Walmart for $30 instead. It's from Evenflo. We hung a backpack on the back but he's a lot heavier than a 1 yr old would be so the stroller didn't tip backwards. It doesn't recline either which is a must for WDW and a 1 yr old.

I suggest researching online. Read reviews before going out to the store. Most people are looking for storage so they report about it. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

SAV

This is what we bought a couple of years ago and still use it. Baby Trend Trendsport lite at Toys R us or Babies R us.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2671817

Has very good storage underneath, a reclining seat, a sun cover, a detachable trayand is very sturdy. Folds up nicely. Best of all a very nice price.

If you do get this one, make sure to mark it somehow because you see alot of them at the parks.

Do a search in this forum on marking your stroller for some great ideas.

Kristamouse

I love the Chicco brand we have 3 under 4 and mainly use our double. But I do have a light weight Chicco and love that it has a strap for your shoulder, carrying bag, rain cover, and a basket underneath. Oh and it reclines. No cup holder, but you can get them from Prince Lionheart company.

disneyliv85

Original Poster
thanks for the advice everyone! I always see good deals online for strollers but I just hate the thought of buying one without actually seeing and feeling it. I'm gonna keep looking around babys r us and target for some good deals. I really like the way the combi strollers look!

any tips on how to mark the stroller so it's easier to spot in the sea of strollers?

Heatherbell

We have a Chico (no cupholder and not a whole lot of underneath space). It is comfy and it reclines easily. My husband and I went to Babies R Us and put my 6 month old son in several strollers to see which one was the best. Every other one we saw had something undesireable about it. The chico was the best IMO, it folds up really small which is a plus if you are taking Disney buses. It has a carrying case too. We bought a stroller bag to hang on the back to put random things in (also purchased at Babies R Us). I am having the same dilemma...what do I do to make it stand out from the crowd. Especially after Fanstasmic when there are 1000s upon 1000s of strollers.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
thanks for the advice everyone! I always see good deals online for strollers but I just hate the thought of buying one without actually seeing and feeling it. I'm gonna keep looking around babys r us and target for some good deals. I really like the way the combi strollers look!

any tips on how to mark the stroller so it's easier to spot in the sea of strollers?

Yes. We took a picture of our kids and printed it out on a sheet of paper (8.5 x 11) and put the paper in a plastic sleeve (the kind that goes in notebooks). Then I got some tie wraps (twist ties from your garbage bag box would also work) and attached the picture to the handle of the stroller. Really helped the stroller stand out. Most people either just attach the kids name to the handle or a balloon.

You can find umbrellas with storage underneath, but it takes a bit of looking. We found one at a garage sale.

KC82271

The Graco Lite Rider is very cheap and has taken a beating. I just bought #2 - after 4 trips to Disney, and 3 years of being used daily during the spring, summer and fall.

I picked up one of mine at Toys R Us on sale and with a coupon, and the second was Target. Here is a link to the newest color scheme for $60 at Walmart. It's so light, easy to fold, and even reclines. I highly recommend it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...00000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=7964362

NewfieFan

the picture thing is a good idea!! I was just gonna write our names on it or something uncreative.

I got some old tacky scarves from my mom and tied them on both of my strollers (I took two Combi strollers to WDW) and I also attached a fairly large neon luggage tag with our info! I could usually spot both my strollers within seconds of coming off a ride!

Btw, I really recommend the Combi strollers... I have the older Combi Cosmo St and the newer Combi Flare (which is an updated version of the Cosmo, I think!?!). The only difference is the Flare is a littler higher (so it makes it easier for taller parents to push), it has a cup holder, and it has a higher weight limit (55lbs). I've never had a problem with either... they fold up great, they're easy to push, my children are comfortable and out of the sun, and most importantly... they're easy to take on and off the buses!!!:animwink: I wouldn't go to WDW without one (that is until my children don't need them anymore)!

SAV

Do a Forum search on marking your stroller and a few threads will pop up with some very cool ideas.

We mark ours with some rainbow colored yarn and tie those Mickey Paint Sample cards found at Home Depot on the ends. There wasn't much of a chance to confuse our stroller with anyone else's. And the best part, the paint cards are free. Just grab a few extra in case they get rained on and rip off of the stroller.

Prof. Aronnax

Graco doesn't make the stroller we have anymore. But it has made 5 trips to WDW and is making another this summer. It is most like the Lite Rider. The thing has taken a beaten, and other than being faded from many days parked in the hot Florida sun, it is still in perfect working order. When we are fortunate enough to have a second child, we will definately be purchasing on the light weight dual strollers that Graco makes.

clc053103

For super lightweight easy to fold, easy to push and durable, I would get a Maclaren Volo. You can get 2007 clearance models for under $100. I got one for $69.99 free shipping on babye-store.com with no issues. Also they are plentiful new in box on Ebay.

I would avoid Graco, they are cheap for a reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom