Stroller Stolen Today at Hollywood Studios

BrittanyRose428

Do like we use to do at the parks....make the children walk.

Look at the pictures of the parks back in the 70's and 80's...you can count the strollers you see on one hand.
(And the children were skinnier also:lookaroun)
Agreed. I mean, it really depends on the kid, but my parents never got me a stroller and I turned out fine. They figured they could rent one there if I absolutely needed it, but from what I've seen in pictures/heard from them I never really wanted one. :shrug:

IdigDUG

Original Poster
Closure

Maybe I should have waited a couple days before making my original (1st ever) post. On our out check day yesterday, my wife called Lost and Found one last time. Lost and Found advised that they had our sweatshirt/hoodies and we picked them up before leaving for home. We're not sure how or if the items got separated from the stroller at Lost and Found. One day they said they had the stroller but not the sweatshirts/hoodies and the next day they had the sweatshirts/hoodies. The report we filed with security clearly mentioned the sweatshirts/hoodies as the only contents in the stroller. In any case, this whole ordeal was almost definitely a case of mistaken identity.

Thanks again for all of the posts. I do feel for those who never received their strollers back and/or the contents contained in them. We all can't wait to return back to WDW very soon. Next time, we will take some of the advice suggested in this thread. For the person who suggested the "Mountain Lion 900 Security System"; I like your idea the best. I will have to crunch the numbers, but I think that the acquisition, shipping and maintenance costs involved in such a purchase, not to mention the potential liability issues, may make this option cost prohibitive :)

G00fyDad

Maybe I should have waited a couple days before making my original (1st ever) post. On our out check day yesterday, my wife called Lost and Found one last time. Lost and Found advised that they had our sweatshirt/hoodies and we picked them up before leaving for home. We're not sure how or if the items got separated from the stroller at Lost and Found. One day they said they had the stroller but not the sweatshirts/hoodies and the next day they had the sweatshirts/hoodies. The report we filed with security clearly mentioned the sweatshirts/hoodies as the only contents in the stroller. In any case, this whole ordeal was almost definitely a case of mistaken identity.

Thanks again for all of the posts. I do feel for those who never received their strollers back and/or the contents contained in them. We all can't wait to return back to WDW very soon. Next time, we will take some of the advice suggested in this thread. For the person who suggested the "Mountain Lion 900 Security System"; I like your idea the best. I will have to crunch the numbers, but I think that the acquisition, shipping and maintenance costs involved in such a purchase, not to mention the potential liability issues, may make this option cost prohibitive :)

Chances are that the others grabbed your stroller by mistake and were well away from the area before they realized that the items inside did not belong to them so they set them down or turned them into the nearest store (it takes a bit for lost items to make it to the front), OR they stole the stroller (not the likely of the two) and dumped the items and they were found later and turned in by someone else.

Al in all, I'm glad everything was returned to you. ;)

rob0519

Ok, it's been a long time since my children were small enough to need a stroller and I'm not yet a grandparent, so I don't know much about current stroller technology. That said, why would anyone take a $250 stroller to a crowded public place and not have a way to secure it? I'm sure people don't take bikes worth several hundreds of dollars to places and just leave then unsecured.

I'm really sorry it was taken, either by accident or on purpose, but buying a less expensive stroller, even for a week, would have been a better idea.

G00fyDad

Ok, it's been a long time since my children were small enough to need a stroller and I'm not yet a grandparent, so I don't know much about current stroller technology. That said, why would anyone take a $250 stroller to a crowded public place and not have a way to secure it? I'm sure people don't take bikes worth several hundreds of dollars to places and just leave then unsecured.

I'm really sorry it was taken, either by accident or on purpose, but buying a less expensive stroller, even for a week, would have been a better idea.

That's what we used to do with our children back when they were too young to do multiple parks for a week or more. :) Buy a cheap-o stoller and use it for a week. And then donate it to another family coming in or if it is in too bad of shape then trash it. Either way, we spent maybe $65 - $70 on a stroller that holds stuff underneath AND allowed the child to lay back and sleep. That's a heck of a lot better than WDW old stroller rental prices and far, far cheaper than the extortion rates they charge these days. :eek:

HouCuseChickie

Sadly, strollers can be quite pricey. We often rent when going to WDW, but even the strollers you rent retail for $349-600...hence why they offer coverage in case the stroller is lost or stolen.

To OP- glad you got everything back. It had to be a very frustrating situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom