Stroller Review

Wyatts_Mommy

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Some of you guys may have read my previous post where I was asking for ideas on a good lightweight stroller....Well...I think I found one with everything I need but I still need some help. Does anyone have the Joovy Organic Scooter Single Stroller or any of the Joovy strollers? I like the look and design of the scooter stroller but was hoping someone on here has one or knows someone who has one..the only thing I am not sure of is how easy it is to fold and what it looks like folded up..We will be using the disney buses and we are traveling in August..Thanks!

bmarkelon

We've had a Joovy double for a few years now that we still use. It's been on 2 Disney trips and will be on it's 3rd in August. I love it, no complaints. Decent storage that we use but we always hang a backpack off of it too.
I looked at the Scooter you mentioned and it looks great! I would totally buy it. There are not many reviews but the ones I see look good. It reminds me a little of the Jeep Jogger that we have that I mentioned in your other thread, accept that it's the 3 wheel jogger design. So I think it's a great choice to meet your needs!

Wyatts_Mommy

Original Poster
I just found the Baby jogger city mini and I think that one is better but honestly I dont know anyone that has either of these strollers and I am really nervous to buy one and then realize it will not fit my needs while in WDW. Obviously we plan to use it once our little peanut is too big for his infant carrier...decisions decisions....

bmarkelon

I hear ya! I always read up reviews and ask friends before buying any baby products. Can you go into a babies r us or some other store and check some out? I know the selection is never very big. The great thing about joggers is the steering and they are so lightweight. It's a definitely a tough decision.

kellygirl

I have the baby jogger city elite double for my twins which is the next size up from the city mini. I LOVE it. It is a bit heavy - but I dont lift it much so that doesnt bother me. We are planning on taking it to Disney in May. I have several friends that have the citi mini double and they love it as well. The city mini is the stroller that Orlando Stoller Rentals uses for their rental so it must do well at Disney.

Good luck on finding the right stroller!

nolatron

I just found the Baby jogger city mini and I think that one is better but honestly I dont know anyone that has either of these strollers and I am really nervous to buy one and then realize it will not fit my needs while in WDW. Obviously we plan to use it once our little peanut is too big for his infant carrier...decisions decisions....

While I don't own one, I did rent a Baby Jogger City Mini from Magic Strollers for our trip this past November. I loved the stroller. It was very easy to weave in/out of crowds with. Had just enough storage in the little bin underneath for our baby bag, and a light jacket or two, water bottles, etc... Great sunshade on it for those sunny days for the kiddo.

Our 2.5 yr old at the time seemed to enjoy it too. Probably made her feel like she was riding in a chariot like a princess.

It was super easy to fold and was very compact when folded.

If we didn't already own a stroller, I'd buy one.

Perhaps you could try renting one for your trip before taking the plunge and buying?

SpenceMan01

I recently tried out the City Mini at the store and I was absolutely amazed at how easy it folds. Astounded. Literally, grab the handle and lift. The whole thing collapses on itself. I was tempted to rent one, but rates for our 10-day trip were in the range of the purchase price of other models I was looking at, so I decided to just buy one and have it for home, too.

I watched a video review about the Joovy Scooter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f6Qih29D_M). With the way it folds down, it seems fairly bulky and looks like it might get a bit unwieldy on crowded buses. But that's just my opinion formed from watching the video.

Birdie757

When we go in 2 weeks it will be my 6 month old's 3rd trip to Disney. Her first trip she was about 2 1/2 months old. I use a Chicco Liteway and absolutely love it. It fully reclines and folds up so easy. She has used it since she was 2 days old. I actually skipped the travel system and just use this stroller. We had a chicco capri for over 5 years with our oldest dd and we literally ran the wheels off of and loved so I decided to go for this when it came out. When you fold this stroller up it automatically locks into place and has a handle built in to carry it. It also has a drawstring backpack as the underseat basket. I thought, "who would use that?" but last time when it was full of water bottles I did use that and it was very handy.

The only con to this stroller is that the sun shade isn't ideal...which I have found is the case with lots of strollers. I just bought a cheap extender at babies r us...problem solved.

If you want some pics of the stroller in action, or have any baby at Disney questions pm me anytime.

heartodisney

All these are VERY good ideas! My DD will be 4 when we go back this fall, I know she will do well..to a point..and I or the rest of the family will not be able to carry her when she wears out...no dought a dilema you all have had..and need to have something I can fold up and carry on my back until needed..thanks to everyone!

Nikki M

I have had the citi mini for about a year now. There is nothing negative about this stroller. Highly recommend it. Used it at Disney twice now with our son when 1 1/2 & 2. The giant sun shade is great for babies that burn easily, it is super light weight, and so easy to fold. You simply pull the strap in the seat. You can watch a demo video on their site. Make sure you get the 2011 model, the older ones do not have support in the back of the seat.

Enjoy your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom