Stroller Rentals Nearly Double in Price!

Mad-Jasper

Original Poster
Our family is a big fan of stroller rentals. We usually rent a single stroller for the entire trip for about $8.00 a day. I thought that was a fair price and wouldn't normally oppose occassional price increases but the current increase is no less than price gouging.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ail?id=GuestServicesStrollerRentalsDetailPage

Disney World vacations are by no means affordable. We have to make sacrifices to vacation at Disney World because we want out daughter to remember a magical childhood. With the increase in travel costs and the adjustments to Disney Dining, this is just a little much. I would sincerely hope Disney World reconsiders this unfair increase and reduces stoller rentals to a reasonable price.

The last thing I want to do is battle 25 other families with fold-away strollers on the bus. :mad:

If you would like to contact Disney World and express your concerns over stroller pricing, send an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

MJ

wvdisneyfamily

Our family is a big fan of stroller rentals. We usually rent a single stroller for the entire trip for about $8.00 a day. I thought that was a fair price and wouldn't normally oppose occassional price increases but the current increase is no less than price gouging.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ail?id=GuestServicesStrollerRentalsDetailPage

Disney World vacations are by no means affordable. We have to make sacrifices to vacation at Disney World because we want out daughter to remember a magical childhood. With the increase in travel costs and the adjustments to Disney Dining, this is just a little much. I would sincerely hope Disney World reconsiders this unfair increase and reduces stoller rentals to a reasonable price.

The last thing I want to do is battle 25 other families with fold-away strollers on the bus. :mad:

If you would like to contact Disney World and express your concerns over stroller pricing, send an email to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

MJ

My family too makes sacrifices for Disney trips. We don't really think of it as sacrificing though. It's more like prioritizing for us. Vacation isn't something we think of as a luxury. We actaully budget it into our monthly expenditures. I'm sure we could do and buy lots of things with the money devoted to travel (especially that to WDW) but none of the rest of that "stuff" really matters to us like WDW does.

Mad-Jasper

Original Poster
My family too makes sacrifices for Disney trips. We don't really think of it as sacrificing though. It's more like prioritizing for us. Vacation isn't something we think of as a luxury. We actaully budget it into our monthly expenditures. I'm sure we could do and buy lots of things with the money devoted to travel (especially that to WDW) but none of the rest of that "stuff" really matters to us like WDW does.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. WDW has become a priority for us as well because of our daughter. She's 8 now and in less than 3 weeks we will return for our 5th time since '05 and we have already booked an October trip. There is absolutely nothing on earth that makes as happy as she is when visiting WDW.

We have been renovating our house this year and have purposely postponed several things to ensure that our vacations are well funded. With higher gas and food prices, the stroller rental appears to be a unnecessary slap in the face. It won't break us by any means, but the additional $100 on a stroller could and would have been spent in other areas... for example, tips. ;)

natolij02

Ok seriously??? Why on earth would you want to spend around $100 on a stroller rental (although I know it is convienent) when you can spend $100 on a very nice stroller and take in on every vacation with you. After one visit....it pays for itself. I can not justify renting a stroller and giving disney the money for that when I can reuse my stroller not only for vacations but for at home too. Disney gets enough of my money so, if I am gonna spend an extra $100 it's gonna be on stuff that I want like souveniers and activites. I know it's a pain lugging the stroller on and off the buses BUT it sure did come in handy when we had to wait 45 minutes in line to get the bus back to our hotel late at night with a sleeping 18 month old. Instead of having to carry her on our shoulder.....she slept contently in her reclined stroller until we got on the bus :) Besides....if you are traveling with little ones and have a long layover in the airport....a stroller does come in handy!!!

kimmychad

MJ

there have been a few threads about the stroller price increase, a quick search should locate them.

Mad-Jasper

Original Poster
Ok seriously??? Why on earth would you want to spend around $100 on a stroller rental (although I know it is convienent) when you can spend $100 on a very nice stroller and take in on every vacation with you. After one visit....it pays for itself. I can not justify renting a stroller and giving disney the money for that when I can reuse my stroller not only for vacations but for at home too. Disney gets enough of my money so, if I am gonna spend an extra $100 it's gonna be on stuff that I want like souveniers and activites. I know it's a pain lugging the stroller on and off the buses BUT it sure did come in handy when we had to wait 45 minutes in line to get the bus back to our hotel late at night with a sleeping 18 month old. Instead of having to carry her on our shoulder.....she slept contently in her reclined stroller until we got on the bus :) Besides....if you are traveling with little ones and have a long layover in the airport....a stroller does come in handy!!!

Why?

1.) My daughter just turned 8. She'll never last all day at the park. She enjoys her dad pushing her around in the stroller while she takes an afternoon nap.

2.) They're big enough to pile a bunch of junk in.

3.) Buses. The smaller folding strollers are too small for an 8 year old and a big one is a pain on the bus. I will not lug all of the days purchases and a stroller on a bus. It's a enormous pain to both me and the other passengers.

2gether

What we did

Doesn't sound like this would apply to you, but we bought a cheaper stroller at Walmart (~$40) and then left it in the room when we left. It saved us money, and from what I understand they go to needy folks if they get left behind. Win/win.

natolij02

Doesn't sound like this would apply to you, but we bought a cheaper stroller at Walmart (~$40) and then left it in the room when we left. It saved us money, and from what I understand they go to needy folks if they get left behind. Win/win.

Excellent suggestion!!! Best solution I have heard in a very long time in regards to trip planning.....save money and help others :)

bgraham34

You can always Pass It Forward. I had a few people have done that in the past with strollers. I guess it just died off.

cathyy

Oh my word!! I can't believe that it would be over $200 for 8 days of stroller rental!! I can buy one for about $100 for both of my kids. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom