Stroller debate!!!!

TinkerbellWDW

My husband and I and our kids (7 & 14) will be at WDW on 12/30 - 1/6. I think we need to rent a stroller for my 7 year old just because it will be busy when we go and I will be able to keep track of her. My husband thinks it's waste of money and something we don't need to spend $ on. I have told him the stroller serves multiple purposes such as, holding stuff, saving our spot if we want to watch a parade, 7yr. old can sit and have a quick lunch while were walking to the next ride and I don't have to worry about her keeping up with us. My husband thinks it's a waste of time because he says we have to waste time looking for it after a ride in a sea of strollers. What should I do???? UGH!!!!!

WDW 3

I really can't image bringing a ton of stuff with us to the parks. Yuck. Just us and what we can carry in pockets and small crossbody bag. We shop but don't buy until we go back at the end of the night. If we don't get back we probably don't need it. Probably ;). We have used the resort delivery instead of carrying around bags.

Upvote 0

luv

When you have babies or toddlers, you have to carry stuff. Diapers, wipes, protective barrier creams. Extra set of clothes for when the diaper doesn't hold the runny poop. Plastic bag to put the wet clothes in after you try rinsing the poop out. Mat to change the kid on so the poop can be easily wiped up. Baby socks for when baby's foot ends up in the poop. Plastic bags for baby's dirty diapers.

Baby food. Baby bottles. Containers of formula. baby rice flakes to mix into food. Spoons to feed baby. More plastic bags to put dirty spoons in. Container of Cheerios. Toys for teething baby to soothe gums on. Baby Anbesol for when those little gums hurt. Baby Motrin for when those those little gums hurt. More plastic bags for toys. Baby bibs. Extra baby bibs for when baby rips it off and throws it on the floor while you're scooping more food out. Second extra set of clothes and socks for when baby gets covered in food. Comb or brush to comb baby's hair after you use wipe to get the food out of it.

Baby's blanket or stuffed toy that baby cannot calm self without.

There is a ton of crap that must be carried. Plus a stroller.

And that is why many, many moms cannot wait until the child is three or four years old and Mom can be done carrying all that stuff and hauling the stroller around.

Ten or fifteen years later, she'll be so sorry those days are over and wish she could re-live just one of them...but when it's going on, all Mom wants is for it to end! :D

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

When you have babies or toddlers, you have to carry stuff. Diapers, wipes, protective barrier creams. Extra set of clothes for when the diaper doesn't hold the runny poop. Plastic bag to put the wet clothes in after you try rinsing the poop out. Mat to change the kid on so the poop can be easily wiped up. Baby socks for when baby's foot ends up in the poop. Plastic bags for baby's dirty diapers.

Baby food. Baby bottles. Containers of formula. baby rice flakes to mix into food. Spoons to feed baby. More plastic bags to put dirty spoons in. Container of Cheerios. Toys for teething baby to soothe gums on. Baby Anbesol for when those little gums hurt. Baby Motrin for when those those little gums hurt. More plastic bags for toys. Baby bibs. Extra baby bibs for when baby rips it off and throws it on the floor while you're scooping more food out. Second extra set of clothes and socks for when baby gets covered in food. Comb or brush to comb baby's hair after you use wipe to get the food out of it.

And that is why many, many moms cannot wait until the child is three or four years old and Mom can be done carrying all that stuff and hauling the stroller around.

Ten or fifteen years later, she'll be so sorry those days are over and wish she could re-live just one of them...but when it's going on, all Mom wants is for it to end! :D

:eek:

Upvote 0

Seabasealpha1

Um...I guess I'll weigh in here a bit...

Yeah...seven is a little too old for a stroller...I would still recommend a good set of athletic shoes on the kid's feet as it still is a good deal of walking...plenty of support, maybe even insoles, foot powder and good socks/shoe strings... I know as an adult that if my feet are happy all day, that I'll have more energy and I'll be able to handle the distance...or better yet, not even worry about the walking at all...young kids get crabby when they're tired and hot...achy feet factor in big time...just keep it comfy and fun...

Um... maybe a small shoulder sling style bag would be good for him/her to carry their own stuff. packs work for kids too ( still have my banana yellow Dick Tracy one!), but they don't really hold much in the way of souvenirs...when we tour the parks, I carry a sling bag myself...and I'm able to get my small fold-up tripod, camera, camera case, First Aid (I carry a small first aid kit w/ointment, a couple chunks of gauze, band-aids, Tylenol, dramamine, and tums), a 3 oz travel-sized bottle filled w/ sunscreen, envelopes w/divided money... and maybe a few other things...on occasion the kitchen sink ;)...

But yeah...a small backpack or sling bag could do...just enough room to carry water, money, maybe some stuff from the above list...

Not sure who said it, but NO do not use a stroller as a cart. You really should be able to get on without one if you figure that you'll use it as a cart...sounds like a good time to downsize your inventory if so...and I know I'm saying this given the list above...but geesh...as someone who doesn't use a stroller (though I will be soon! foot in mouth!) it's FAR more acceptable to see someone pushing their kid or kids around...that's a good reason to be courteous and understanding of the traffic headaches caused by strollers... however, unless you've just won a darn shopping spree at WDW...probably best to leave the strollers to those who need them! I would have to try hard to be nice if I spotted something like that holding up traffic...

I know...I'm a jerk...

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Do what we did.....wait until the children are old enough to enjoy it and maybe remember it.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

My husband and I and our kids (7 & 14) will be at WDW on 12/30 - 1/6. I think we need to rent a stroller for my 7 year old just because it will be busy when we go and I will be able to keep track of her. My husband thinks it's waste of money and something we don't need to spend $ on. I have told him the stroller serves multiple purposes such as, holding stuff, saving our spot if we want to watch a parade, 7yr. old can sit and have a quick lunch while were walking to the next ride and I don't have to worry about her keeping up with us. My husband thinks it's a waste of time because he says we have to waste time looking for it after a ride in a sea of strollers. What should I do???? UGH!!!!!

When we took our 5/6 year old (who is 12 now) she walked the whole time and she never complained about holding our hand or her feet hurting her. We went in June, too and it was very crowded. Good luck and do what's best for you! If after the first or second day you think you might get one for the third day, get it!!! :)

Upvote 0

71dsp

We started taking our son at 5. Never used a stroller on any trip. We did have to carry him from the bus to the hotel room a time or two on that first trip, but otherwise, he's always walked. This past trip, he did complain every now and then that he was tired or his feet hurt, but for the most part, he's always been a trooper.

Upvote 0

Kbullz

When most of you say strollers do you mean the big ones or just a umbrella stroller?
Reading all of these posts has me really debating on what to do this trip!
DS is 6 1/2 I feel he looks weird in a stroller.DD is almost 5 but when shes tired shes done and really would hopefully do much better in an umbrella stroller. Honestly my kids have not been in strollers for 2 years now except when we do amusement parks etc. The past weekend we were in Central park and did a lot of walking at the end of the day I was carrying daughter and my son was complaining of leg cramps.
We do parks morning until closing might have to rethink that! Might have to sit my kids down and explain the whole stroller thing!
:confused::confused:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom