Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

elchippo

Original Poster
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list somewhere of everything that was filmed on Streets of America and even Residential street? I know it wasn't nearly as much as they had hoped for, but...

TheOrangeBird01

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list somewhere of everything that was filmed on Streets of America and even Residential street? I know it wasn't nearly as much as they had hoped for, but...

I feel like the only thing filmed there was "The Lottery" with Bette Midler ... it's a shame that there wasn't much more (if anything else) filmed on SoA.

Goofyernmost

I just did a little digging and according to IMDB it was filmed on New York Street at Universal Studios. Seems a little odd but...
Not when you consider that the Universal Studios they are talking about is in California not Orlando. Disney and Universal work very closely together when you consider the fact that in many areas they are in heavy competition with each other. Just think about how Disney, owner of ABC TV, is always promoting and showing Harry Potter movies. The one genre that is most closely in competition with Disney as far as the Theme parks go. There is no New York Street in the parks operated by Disney. I have never really thought about it, but, since they shut down Disney/MGM, Disney doesn't even possess a back lot anywhere. They lease them from other studios, I think. If that is incorrect, someone, correct me. My mind is drawing a blank on the existence of a Disney one.

El Grupo

Not when you consider that the Universal Studios they are talking about is in California not Orlando. Disney and Universal work very closely together when you consider the fact that in many areas they are in heavy competition with each other. Just think about how Disney, owner of ABC TV, is always promoting and showing Harry Potter movies. The one genre that is most closely in competition with Disney as far as the Theme parks go. There is no New York Street in the parks operated by Disney. I have never really thought about it, but, since they shut down Disney/MGM, Disney doesn't even possess a back lot anywhere. They lease them from other studios, I think. If that is incorrect, someone, correct me. My mind is drawing a blank on the existence of a Disney one.

Disney has a business district backlot and residential street at the Golden Oak Ranch (http://www.goldenoakranch.com/locations/business-district/) in Newhall, CA about 30 minutes north of the Burbank studios.

Princess Leia

Well, that's going to end soon. Comcast bought the tv rights for the HP films. Starting June 2018, the HP and Fantastic Beasts movies will be on the USA Network and Syfy.
http://corporate.comcast.com/news-i...hts-to-j-k-rowlings-wizarding-world-franchise

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
From Blog Mickey

A thousand apologies - I actually have read the entire thread, but my head is exploding from all the other news dropped this week.

What will be going in the area behind the tarped fence? Will the Muppets courtyard extend over to the final remaining SoA facades?

Ryan H. Serowinski

A thousand apologies - I actually have read the entire thread, but my head is exploding from all the other news dropped this week.

What will be going in the area behind the tarped fence? Will the Muppets courtyard extend over to the final remaining SoA facades?
I Hope so, at least some room for some decent foot traffic.

HauntedMansionFLA

The don't have to go through Mama's for a connector. The road is going away and being replaced by parking lot. (A different road for the entrance is in the works.) They could take over some of the parking lot for a connector.

Given the dearth of sit-down eating spaces at DHS, I highly doubt they'd go through MM's. And the Escape Ride is already on top of MV3D, that even if they wanted a connector, there ain't much room for one now.

View attachment 187951

Looks like hey are removing those entire bump outs on the roof.

View attachment 190438

I also noticed in this picture what looks like the start of a foundation for whatever will separate SWL from the Muppets area.

View attachment 190439

It will not. The remaining facade will be outside of the Muppets courtyard.

elchippo

Original Poster
It's remarkable how open that looks now-still "nostalgia sad" about the things that are gone though. The Muppet 3-D building and the old facades should blend together nicely into a little area. I could see the old SOA buildings serving as a setpiece for a live Muppet show similar to what they have happening in Liberty Square right now.I assume that since Star Tours is rumored to go away after SWL opens, that they aren't going to work too hard to fix the sightline issue of Tattooine Traders next to Muppets 3-D?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's remarkable how open that looks now-still "nostalgia sad" about the things that are gone though. The Muppet 3-D building and the old facades should blend together nicely into a little area. I could see the old SOA buildings serving as a setpiece for a live Muppet show similar to what they have happening in Liberty Square right now.I assume that since Star Tours is rumored to go away after SWL opens, that they aren't going to work too hard to fix the sightline issue of Tattooine Traders next to Muppets 3-D?
If this little project is done correctly you won't see MV from the ST exit and vice versa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom