Strangest Issue on an Attraction

Chef Mickey

I rode SSE during a torrential down pour once, and found out:

1. The ceiling leaks
2. The systems rebooted and the screen showed the SSE Windows desktop (the wallpaper just said 'reconnecting to Spaceship Earth'). The applications I could see were SSE Update Utility, Vshow, and Vehicle Diagnostics.
Same exact thing happened to me. It was funny seeing the Windows screen during a show.

_caleb

I was racking my brain trying to think if any malfunction had happened. This post reminded me. During the first scene Indiana has changed the sack of dirt for the gold statue and the ball is supposed to come out. The door opened and the ball never moved. The "director" came out and sometimes not everything goes right and they continued on with the show.
This happened during our last visit a few years ago! Of course, I was telling my family (and everyone around us) what was SUPPOSED to have happened...

Doodlyday

On Splash Mountain once, the scene with Brer Bear tied up in the tree, the hand of Brer Fox that was holding the rope was on the ground...
It doesn't bother me much, but why is it that he's being held in the tree by the rope, but it's not taught on the ground?
brer-bear-and-brer-fox-scene-splash-mountain-frontierland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

PrincessRachelT

We rode Splash a little while ago and during the part where the boat acts more like a roller coaster, it's supposed to be pitch black. Well it wasn't. All the lights were on. It was kinda funny!

GholsHost

We were at a morning Beauty and the Beast show in early February. Cogsworth never came out on stage, but obviously, he was still speaking on the audio track. A bit later, the feather duster dancers were the only ones onstage...no spoon dancers. As the ladies were dancing in the circle, the music stopped, lights dimmed, feather dusters danced offstage and it was announced that the show had concluded.

Yert3

I've told this story on here before, but here it is again:

I was watching Philharmagic when all of a sudden I heard a loud BANG, and a split second later the theater looked like this. I took this picture
IMG_1246.JPG

Seconds later, a CM came on the mic (I don't think he knew he was broadcasting to the theater) and he said "There is an intrusion, I need an engineer. Man, it's so dark that I can't even see my watch up here." The whole theater burst out laughing.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Back when my now-fiance and I worked at MK, we had quite a few... cleaning supplies left in the robot scene of TTA, CoP dog's head falling off, CoP Dad with his neck snapped 90° to the side, JC hippo coming up headless...

Monorail_Red_77

This happened on sunday 4/23:
We were at Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin in MK and the pre-show queue had the curtain drawn because there was an issue with Buzz. When we walked past they didn't have the curtain pulled fully and you could see a small section of Buzz. There was no audio in the pre-show queue but he was still moving and doing his motion parts. Makes me think that he doesn't have an off switch. Perhaps he is always on when ride is in operation. Still funny though.

Back in January we were in line for Peoplemover in Magic Kingdom and it just started to get busy/backed-up in the line at the top of the load platform. They had not turned off the up escalator yet for this. So when we got to the top of the platform we just kept getting pushed into the people in front of us. Kinda scary for a brief few seconds though. Especially with kids in tow. People in back of us got pushed into us also.

Usually when it is very busy and there is a long queue they have the up escalator turned off so that this does not happen. The down escalator is usually still on since there is no backup at the end of it.

Also have been on CoP when they have done a manual over-ride of the system in between theater transitions. We were sitting there at the end of one show scene and the transition song played but we did not move. Then scene started again and then we moved to the next scene.
It was probably because of someone leaving a theater when they were not supposed to and then a CM had to act quickly to keep the show going.

Back during the May 2014 24 Hours event. Our last ride of the day was Prince Charming Regal Carousel. as we were riding the clock struck 6am. All of the Fantasyland music stopped. Only things we could here were the birds chirping and the bell the rings at the conclusion of the ride. it was a very surreal experience to be walking from the carousel through the Castle and there was just silence. Once we reached the Hub you could here Mainstreet audio playing.

Boy I wish they'd bring back the 24 hour events. ;):happy::banghead:

graphite1326

This happened on sunday 4/23:
We were at Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin in MK and the pre-show queue had the curtain drawn because there was an issue with Buzz. When we walked past they didn't have the curtain pulled fully and you could see a small section of Buzz. There was no audio in the pre-show queue but he was still moving and doing his motion parts. Makes me think that he doesn't have an off switch. Perhaps he is always on when ride is in operation. Still funny though.

Back in January we were in line for Peoplemover in Magic Kingdom and it just started to get busy/backed-up in the line at the top of the load platform. They had not turned off the up escalator yet for this. So when we got to the top of the platform we just kept getting pushed into the people in front of us. Kinda scary for a brief few seconds though. Especially with kids in tow. People in back of us got pushed into us also.

Usually when it is very busy and there is a long queue they have the up escalator turned off so that this does not happen. The down escalator is usually still on since there is no backup at the end of it.

Also have been on CoP when they have done a manual over-ride of the system in between theater transitions. We were sitting there at the end of one show scene and the transition song played but we did not move. Then scene started again and then we moved to the next scene.
It was probably because of someone leaving a theater when they were not supposed to and then a CM had to act quickly to keep the show going.

Back during the May 2014 24 Hours event. Our last ride of the day was Prince Charming Regal Carousel. as we were riding the clock struck 6am. All of the Fantasyland music stopped. Only things we could here were the birds chirping and the bell the rings at the conclusion of the ride. it was a very surreal experience to be walking from the carousel through the Castle and there was just silence. Once we reached the Hub you could here Mainstreet audio playing.

Boy I wish they'd bring back the 24 hour events. ;):happy::banghead:
I have had two of these happen to me also. The Buzz Lightyear not working and yes he was moving with no sound and CoP the same thing happened.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
On Splash, the Br'er Fox before the final lift hill stopped moving right when we had stopped. He was actually staring right at our log, which creeped everyone out. We got moving, but Br'er Fox didn't move. My sister and I got on again, and he was moving fine, so I think he just took a second to reset. Oh, and there was something wrong with the Everest yeti. he didn't look like he was moving....I'l see myself out now! :p Back to seriousness, we also got stuck right below Madame Leota on HM. The audio played for about 20 minutes, then we got moving

piglet21

I think this was in summer 2015 - I rode CoP and the grandfather's head in the final Christmas scene was falling off. The whole back of his animatronic neck was exposed and his head was kind of just hanging on. We told the CMs outside and their response was "Yeah, we know!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom