Strangest Issue on an Attraction

danyoung56

Then there was the week during which there was an orange stepladder plainly visible in Spaceship Earth, right by the big newspaper printing steam engines. I rode 4 times that week, and always told a CM as I got off that this was there, and would be very easy to remove. They finally had it out by my last ride. Lame that it was left there, but REALLY lame that it took so long to take it out!

mergatroid

Slightly different from those already posted as this was a show. During Indiana Jones stunt show the female lead injured herself in the early fight sequence with the guys with the swords. She seemed to lose balance and fall but her ankle got caught beneath her and she couldn't get back up. Everything stopped and the 'director' explained accidents do happen and that medical help was on it's way. After a good few minutes she was stretchered off and waved to the audience to say she was ok. We then had to wait for another female cast member to go and change to take over the female lead role.

If memory serves me correctly they used one of the cast who that day was playing one of the film crew, it took a while for the change though and quite a few people began to leave. This other performer did eventually return after an uncomfortable silence with just the music on a loop and the show continued. I'm sure this type of thing must happen every so often however this was the only time we've experienced it.

graphite1326

Slightly different from those already posted as this was a show. During Indiana Jones stunt show the female lead injured herself in the early fight sequence with the guys with the swords. She seemed to lose balance and fall but her ankle got caught beneath her and she couldn't get back up. Everything stopped and the 'director' explained accidents do happen and that medical help was on it's way. After a good few minutes she was stretchered off and waved to the audience to say she was ok. We then had to wait for another female cast member to go and change to take over the female lead role.

If memory serves me correctly they used one of the cast who that day was playing one of the film crew, it took a while for the change though and quite a few people began to leave. This other performer did eventually return after an uncomfortable silence with just the music on a loop and the show continued. I'm sure this type of thing must happen every so often however this was the only time we've experienced it.
I was racking my brain trying to think if any malfunction had happened. This post reminded me. During the first scene Indiana has changed the sack of dirt for the gold statue and the ball is supposed to come out. The door opened and the ball never moved. The "director" came out and sometimes not everything goes right and they continued on with the show.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Never seen it myself, but...

Have to say that it's pretty cool that Disney actually anticipated that he might not always get the ear back in and programmed it that he would just gently drop the ear by his feet in the event (though I've seen it where even this doesn't go as planned).

Raineman

I rode SSE during a torrential down pour once, and found out:

1. The ceiling leaks
2. The systems rebooted and the screen showed the SSE Windows desktop (the wallpaper just said 'reconnecting to Spaceship Earth'). The applications I could see were SSE Update Utility, Vshow, and Vehicle Diagnostics.
There is a video floating around on YouTube where the screen on EE that shows the Yeti ripping up the track switched to showing a Windows desktop. I half expected to see the Yeti pop up and start playing Minesweeper or Solitaire.

Simba's Mom

Every so often, an attraction will have a strange issue that guests are able to see. What are some of the weirdest mishaps you've seen on an attraction? I'm talking strange things with animatronics, NSFM things happening on a ride, etc. I don't think this is very common, but some stories could be very interesting!

The first time DH and DS rode ToT, they got to the top, the doors opened, shut, the elevator lowered a little, then stopped. After several seconds a voice came on to tell them that the ride had malfunctioned, remain calm, etc. After a couple minutes, the ride very slowly lowered to the starting point and everyone was taken off , walked thru the backstage area, and promptly rode again. DH said the walk was really neat. Since the ride had only been open a few months no one really knew what to expect, as well as for most people, this was their first ride. For DH, he was so creeped out by the experience that it was also his last ride.

FettFan

When Tron Track first reopened, the "wind tunnel" mirror effect was malfunctioning...as we rode past where the effect was supposed to be, there was instead Windows Task Manager.
Fig2VistaTaskMan.jpg

LIMITED TIME MAGIC.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The first time DH and DS rode ToT, they got to the top, the doors opened, shut, the elevator lowered a little, then stopped. After several seconds a voice came on to tell them that the ride had malfunctioned, remain calm, etc. After a couple minutes, the ride very slowly lowered to the starting point and everyone was taken off , walked thru the backstage area, and promptly rode again. DH said the walk was really neat. Since the ride had only been open a few months no one really knew what to expect, as well as for most people, this was their first ride. For DH, he was so creeped out by the experience that it was also his last ride.

You know the drop shafts have four different profiles?

The slow return to the ground is actually programmed as profile nine (if I recall)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom