'Strange World' Disney's 2022 Animated Film

LittleBuford

If Tiana's Bayou Adventure sucks, will you even entertain the idea that part of the reason it might suck is because the best Imagineers in the company were kept off of the project because the optics wouldn't be right?
If someone had evidence to that effect, I’d be happy to hear it. But I have very little time for baseless speculation and conspiracy theories.

Chi84

Premium Member
If Tiana's Bayou Adventure sucks, will you even entertain the idea that part of the reason it might suck is because the best Imagineers in the company were kept off of the project because the optics wouldn't be right?
Who are the people who were kept off the project? Do you know for a fact or are you speculating?

TwilightZone

BuddyThomas

The information is pretty public. The project is being run by an accountant and an HR executive.

The elite Imagineers were not only kept off of the project, they've been run out of the company.
A simple Google search turns up zero results that would confirm what you have stated above. Would you care to cite your sources for these claims?

TP2000

Got curious about the graph thing, here's all of disneys sci fi animated movies ranked, inflation toggled btw
View attachment 683982

EDIT: Here's one with Mars needs Moms if Stitch isnt sci fi enough for you

View attachment 683983
Tomorrowland
View attachment 683984
View attachment 683985

And Chicken Little (it has aliens, I'm counting it)

Isn't this a fun toy!?! I love it.

So... at least Strange World has beaten Mars Needs Moms (barely)!

This also reminds me of how badly I wanted to love the Tomorrowland movie and see it succeed, and thus breathe new life into the park's various Tomorrowlands. But it flopped. :(

Last edited:

TP2000

This will be a rough weekend for Hollywood, it's last before Avatar.

Wakanda Forever is fading, and nothing is a big hit. And of course.... Strange World.

Anecdotally, I just got back from running two evening errands in town. The streets and shopping centers and big box stores in town were PACKED with cars and people. I haven't lived here long, but I didn't know traffic like that could happen here. Americans are out shopping and going to restaurants and getting ready for Christmas, quite obviously.

They just aren't going to the movies much this year.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

This also reminds me of how badly I wanted to love the Tomorrowland movie and see it succeed, and thus breathe new life into the park's various Tomorrowlands. But it flopped. :(
It's sad when the tomorrowland arg used to promote the film had a better story than the actual movie.

I wonder if anyone here remembers that...I think it was more of a micechat thing.

mickEblu

This so called “children’s cartoon” happens to be rated PG, not G, and I don’t know why supposed Disney superfans on this thread continue to refer to animated motion pictures as “cartoons”.

I use them interchangeably depending on my mood and how much I feel like using my thumbs.

DKampy

I a
This will be a rough weekend for Hollywood, it's last before Avatar.

Wakanda Forever is fading, and nothing is a big hit. And of course.... Strange World.

Anecdotally, I just got back from running two evening errands in town. The streets and shopping centers and big box stores in town were PACKED with cars and people. I haven't lived here long, but I didn't know traffic like that could happen here. Americans are out shopping and going to restaurants and getting ready for Christmas, quite obviously.

They just aren't going to the movies much this year.
this is typically a slow period for movies as people are busy with other holiday festivities…it usually picks up again Christmas week once families are together and there is not as much to do…this year will not be as profitable though as much of the competition moved to 2023 as Hollywood was not sure what the pandemic was going to do…next year should be stacked though

Ghost93

She's a dud of a character now. Frozen lost a lot of momentum after Frozen II but Elsa still seems to sell well. Anna seems completely forgotten except as the less pretty sister with no good songs or dresses.
I think the problem is that Anna completed her character arc and got what she wanted in the first Frozen (to find love and be reconnected with her sister). There isn't much more to do with her character that isn't a retread of what we've already seen. Elsa— defined only in broad strokes in the first movie — still had a lot of room for exploration and growth in the sequels.

They didn't know what to do with Kristoff and Olaf in Frozen II either. I think if they do Frozen III, they should make it fully Elsa-centric and have the other characters just be cameos/small roles. Or they could kill them off!

jeangreyforever

I think the problem is that Anna completed her character arc and got what she wanted in the first Frozen (to find love and be reconnected with her sister). There isn't much more to do with her character that isn't a retread of what we've already seen. Elsa— defined only in broad strokes in the first movie — still had a lot of room for exploration and growth in the sequels.

They didn't know what to do with Kristoff and Olaf in Frozen II either. I think if they do Frozen III, they should make it fully Elsa-centric and have the other characters just be cameos/small roles. Or they could kill them off!
I liked both Anna and Elsa in the first movie. In the second one, I don't think it's a coincidence that all the deleted scenes were Anna centric plots (and Kristoff as well by extension). It's very clear that Disney realized that Elsa was the breakout character and after the first movie got flack for not featuring her enough, they wanted to make sure no one doubted that this was her movie through and through.

I enjoyed Olaf in the first movie as well but his plotline in Frozen II was insufferable. I didn't find him as warm and endearing. Kristoff I never cared for in the first place but he really feels out of place in Frozen II. Hence why they completely drop him in the final act of the movie and no one even seems to care. It seems like the only reason they included Kristoff in the adventure was because they were afraid of maybe alienating any little boys who wanted a human male presence included, otherwise there was no reason to justify his inclusion.

Most of the fandom and general public are only interested in Elsa and for the ones clamoring for the inevitable Frozen III, they're really just concerned about what happens to her. I agree that they should drop the rest of the characters, save for Olaf since I think he's too tied to Frozen's marketing to be dropped completely. Allegedly the test screen ending for Frozen II ended with Elsa sacrificing herself with a final scene hinting at her resurrection but Bob Iger nixed this. Funny how he saved Elsa but not Ben Solo.

TP2000

That's very commendable of you to take the high road like that. You're a better man than I am.

Because I think the problem is just that Anna is the shorter brunette standing next to the hot blonde.

Anna never stood a chance, the poor dear. :(

jeangreyforever

That's very commendable of you to take the high road like that. You're a better man than I am.

Because I think the problem is just that Anna is the shorter brunette standing next to the hot blonde.

Anna never stood a chance, the poor dear. :(
Anna's technically a redhead. But you're right that she never stood a chance. Elsa gets the magical sparkly dress, the magical white hair, the magical powers, the magical ice castle, and the power anthem. And then Frozen II comes along and gives her two new power anthems, a new magical sparkly dress with hairstyle to match, and a magical horse. She even gets confirmed as the favored child and prophesized fifth spirit. The only thing Anna gets in these movies is a smelly oaf.

TP2000

Anna seems completely forgotten except as the less pretty sister with no good songs or dresses.

True. But haven't we all been there once or twice in our lives? 🤣

Now that I think about it like this, I'm starting to warm up to Anna.

But honestly, put these two ladies at the end of the bar at a TGIFridays about 30 minutes before Last Call, and who gets chatted up first? It's basic science. Or something. And the toy aisles at Target never lie.

frozen-1-416b3df34904454da7f951916ec810c6.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom