Story time with Belle, worst cash extraction point

HouCuseChickie

Having done Storytime With Belle last month...I can tell you that we were most certainly permitted to take our own pictures the entire way through. Mind you, I "CHOSE" to buy some of the Photopass pics as there were 3 of us who participated; however, I also have a good 30 pics on my own camera that DH took.

As far as calling it anything classified as "the worst"- I can tell you that the kids LOVED it. I even got to be the wardrobe and had a blast as well. I know it can be looked at like a M&G, but I choose to look at it more like Jedi Training Academy. If you're a participant...it's far more than meeting Darth Vader...you're fighting him or some other character. In this, rather than just meeting Belle, you're embracing her favorite thing- books -and you're acting out a story with her. So, it's really the perspective you choose to take with it.

Californian Elitist

A few days ago you destroyed my favorite park (Islands of Adventure) by saying it was just "painted concrete and tacky looking buildings". You also compared it to a local amusement park and said Universal was all around "junky".

I did not react half as bad as you just did, even though it made me angry... I guess it's okay for you to attack things with negative comments but when someone else does it about anything at Disney you say the most awful things!

Sad, isn't it? I find it funny as well.

Jessica42

. We had the PhotoPass+ so we downloaded all of the pictures when we got home. The photos included shots throughout the play that included our kids which were great.

So if you have prepurchased photopass+, do you have to hand them your card or can you just add the card they give you on. I want to prepurchase photopass plus and am just trying to get some insight into how it works

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
So if you have prepurchased photopass+, do you have to hand them your card or can you just add the card they give you on. I want to prepurchase photopass plus and am just trying to get some insight into how it works
Most certainly prepurchase your Photopass. When you finish your trip, you will enter in the codes from ALL of the photopass cards you get (could be 1, could be 20). They will hand you a new card at Storytime with Belle because they don't even have the scanners to add the photos to your card. We often (don't tell on us) prepurchase the photopass with friends who also are travelling within the same month and enter all of our cards and then share the CD when it arrives.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I did this attraction tonight for the first time during MVMCP as it was a walk-in attraction without a wait. While I see where networkpro is coming from with the comment, I did not find the Photopass personnel intrusive at all. They stayed out of the way snapping their pictures, while proud parents snapped away as well. At the conclusion, the Photopass "photographer" was at the door hanging out cards for that particular show, which you could take or leave.

I thought the attraction was beautifully done. Maurice's cottage was much smaller than I envisioned, but the effects, the animatronics, and the cast members are all extraordinary. It's well worth trying it with or without children. My only gripe is that there were maybe two minutes of dead time at the end while they took yet another round of pictures with each "performer" and Belle, and those of us not involved were still forced to sit there. However, it was worth those two minutes to experience the attraction.

I have not been to it yet. Is there a good reason to hold all guests at the end until everyone has had an opportunity to have a picture taken? Or is it so the Photopass photographer has more opportunities? Just wondering since I haven't experienced it.

PhotoDave219

The truth is, this is EXACTLY what guests want. Disney isn't stupid. One of the main reasons people come to the parks is for a chance to meet some of their favorite Disney characters. One of the reasons Disney built the Belle attraction is because based on GUEST FEEDBACK years ago, people were looking for more interactive experiences with characters. That is why Disney has been putting so much emphasis on permanent meet and greets. Complaining about something at guest relations will have the slimmest effect of equalling real change in the park. The change comes from the surveys, because it is measureable scientific data that executives look at on paper. Which in turns supports, or doesn't support ideas or plans for future projects in the parks.

That research is all dependent on the questions being asked. I've been the one asking the questions before; Disney skews or frames their questions in such a way that you cannot give a negative answer.

As for Belle? Its wildly popular with a very low guest capacity. They might have vastly underestimated the number of people wanting to experience it.

I haven't seen the attraction myself, but I don't see a problem with it. It's completely different to a meet and greet and immersive and looks great! Also if you think about it it's just a plused and much better version of the old storytime with belle in the fairytale garden!

doctornick

I haven't seen the attraction myself, but I don't see a problem with it. It's completely different to a meet and greet and immersive and looks great!

Haven't seen it either, but conceptually I think it's great. WDW is going to have M&G's and I want them to make them -- or any attraction -- as good and impressive as possible. Pushing the envelop for M&G standards is a good thing. I don't understand people who complain about this experience in isolation. I do understand that the FLE as a whole is light on rides, which is really the big draw to any theme park, but that shouldn't reflect poorly on what they have actual built.

As a parent of young children, I'd much rather have an interactive experience with quality AAs like Storytime With Belle than a plain M&G.

Rpearson

Haven't seen it either, but conceptually I think it's great. WDW is going to have M&G's and I want them to make them -- or any attraction -- as good and impressive as possible. Pushing the envelop for M&G standards is a good thing. I don't understand people who complain about this experience in isolation. I do understand that the FLE as a whole is light on rides, which is really the big draw to any theme park, but that shouldn't reflect poorly on what they have actual built.

As a parent of young children, I'd much rather have an interactive experience with quality AAs like Storytime With Belle than a plain M&G.
I'd have to agree here. I, myself, am no parent, but I think its rather neat to actually make something out of meeting these characters instead of searching for them throughout the park and hoping youd get a picture with them. Im sure this attraction is going to stick in the heart and soul of every child who chooses to experience it, as should be the same with any other attraction. Not all memorable disney moments need to be an E-Ticket attraction.

blueboxdoctor

The problem is it is real hit or miss if you will be able to get a picture with Belle (usually they give little parts to the kids, but even then I can see there being those not able to get a picture with her), but other than that I have no problem with it, as they (cast members) are fine with you using your own camera and will even use it for you after they take their picture.

Plus, all the other M&G areas are becoming more elaborate so why not go all out with this one? On the same note, I like how the characters have become more interactive over the years and actually talk to you now (which can be a problem if there is a long line, but it is nice to have your turn after waiting all that time).

LithiumBill

As for picture taking, my oldest daughter did not want a part in the play (she's 8 BTW), and it was because she was a bit shy, my twins jumped at the chance (5 y/o), and I was a knight in the production. But as the show went on the CMs asked my oldest if she wanted to be a part of the show, and she became an ENCHANTED GUEST, and still had her photo taken with Belle. So I think if you really want to, every kid can have a photo...

joanna71985

Interesting, but it doesn't say it doesn't include puppetry in combination with the animatronics. They just say they used "every trick in the book" which to me, could certainly indicate inclusion of multiple sources of input/movement. *shrugs* I would believe it was wholly animatronic except having seen the puppetry-style arms in person. That makes me doubt. And it's not like Disney is known for telling guests how they do every secret or special effect anyway.

Rest assured, he is not a puppet

NASAMan

Just a couple points to correct some presumptions:
1) This is an evolution of the character meet and greet. First was the pop-up wandering character (still done at Disneyland), then the more formal set location with queues (a result of the autograph book and PhotoPass), then the themed locations (like Mickey/Town Square Theater) and now an immersive experience with the character.
2) No human is involved with making Lumiere move, act, and sing during the experience. The technology utilized is some of the most cutting edge available. This technology, including the mirror portal and Madame Wardrobe, are a must for those interested in the art of Imagineering.
3) The cast member at Madame Wardrobe, after assigning the main characters in the play, asks if anyone else wants a part. Madame Wardrobe even asks if everyone who wants a part has one. There are ~25 parts available, and some can be doubled up.
4) Library cast members encourage other children not in the show to join the parade and be in place for the pictures. Walk-ups are certainly allowed, but there is a timer involved so things can get rushed. Be mindful that, while enjoying her surprise visit, Belle regrets not having time for more interaction with her friends, and hopes they visit her when she travels to Epcot/France.
5) Everyone is welcome to take pictures/video, and the PhotoPass photographer will move for you to take a picture of your child, but be mindful of blocking them from taking a picture of someone else's child. And please make sure your flash and movie light are off!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom