Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort closing for maintenance in January 2025

Biff215

I can’t shake the idea they’re just gonna secretly fill it with concrete, raise the rooms rates, put a table with cupcakes out there and hope no one notices…
Well the fact that they are offering up three generic quiet pools as the alternative for a 6 month refurb seems to support your idea. No chance I would pay the cash room rates or even dish out my DVC points for Yacht or Beach without Stormalong, particularly during the warmer months.

Disney must not realize the draw it is if they’re willing to close the whole complex while only leaving three rather boring pools as the only option. I’m all for maintenance but this is one of those situations where I’d prefer it be done in phases.

While I know to avoid it, a majority of the guests who stay during that timeframe will have no idea how drastically their very expensive resort stay will be affected. Neither resort is worth north of $500/night without Stormalong in my opinion.

Eric Graham

The refurbishment at Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool has been extended through June 2025.

Here is the updated notice:

From January 2025 through June 2025, Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will be closed for routine maintenance. Guests may see or hear construction work during daytime hours. During this time, Guests are welcome to swim at the Tidal, Admiral and Dunes Cove leisure pools.
I thought they just did this a few years ago. Or is that just with the wood sections around the pool?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Well the fact that they are offering up three generic quiet pools as the alternative for a 6 month refurb seems to support your idea. No chance I would pay the cash room rates or even dish out my DVC points for Yacht or Beach without Stormalong, particularly during the warmer months.

Disney must not realize the draw it is if they’re willing to close the whole complex while only leaving three rather boring pools as the only option. I’m all for maintenance but this is one of those situations where I’d prefer it be done in phases.

While I know to avoid it, a majority of the guests who stay during that timeframe will have no idea how drastically their very expensive resort stay will be affected. Neither resort is worth north of $500/night without Stormalong in my opinion.
In all fairness, the pricing on Yacht and Beach are very much in line with Boardwalk and it is convenient to Epcot and DHS. That being said Boardwalk does have a lot more to offer guests (even when the pool is running). Especially if that Cake Box Shop and Corn Dog Stand open before the end of the decade.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Oooh, I'd buy a ticket. 🍿😄
Excuse Me Dog GIF by MOODMAN

Eric Graham

In all fairness, the pricing on Yacht and Beach are very much in line with Boardwalk and it is convenient to Epcot and DHS. That being said Boardwalk does have a lot more to offer guests (even when the pool is running). Especially if that Cake Box Shop and Corn Dog Stand open before the end of the decade.
I thought they were almost done with the Cake Bake Shop, but I recall the last time I saw an update was they were just putting in the windows. That's pretty far from completion.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I thought they were almost done with the Cake Bake Shop, but I recall the last time I saw an update was they were just putting in the windows. That's pretty far from completion.
I'm sure there are assorted reasons why it's dragged out so long. But it's a terrible look. Between Big River Closing and The Cake Shop and the Corn Dog Stand it's a self inflicted wound for Disney.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The refurbishment at Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool has been extended through June 2025.

Here is the updated notice:

From January 2025 through June 2025, Stormalong Bay and Shipwreck Pool at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will be closed for routine maintenance. Guests may see or hear construction work during daytime hours. During this time, Guests are welcome to swim at the Tidal, Admiral and Dunes Cove leisure pools.
Probably so they can install a Disney Skyliner™ link for those who think it's too far to walk, or too uncomfortable to get to the slide line... ;)

surfsupdon

Every time this pool closes for refurb I get so nervous they will be filling in the deep end. This is the only pool left that has a true deep end!! I am 6'4 and it is well over my head!! I love it.

surfsupdon

Not long ago, Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk were all the same price for all similar categories of rooms. Recently, Boardwalk has been increasing their rates at a faster rate than Yacht/Beach.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Not long ago, Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk were all the same price for all similar categories of rooms. Recently, Boardwalk has been increasing their rates at a faster rate than Yacht/Beach.
I've stayed at Boardwalk 3 times in the past 12 months. The pricing has always been the lowest of the 3 Disney Crescent Lake Resorts and generally has the most availability. It may have been lower when they were doing the most recent round of room renovations.

surfsupdon

I've stayed at Boardwalk 3 times in the past 12 months. The pricing has always been the lowest of the 3 Disney Crescent Lake Resorts and generally has the most availability. It may have been lower when they were doing the most recent round of room renovations.
Check out the listed rack rates. Boardwalk is about $71 more per night during Value Season than its Y/B neighbors. It’s crazy to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom