Storm Riders Replacing SSE??

dave2822

SSE is a classic attraction with a great message, and it's just about as important to me in Disney history as CoP is. Amazing how much one attraction is fought for when the paint wears off while another people want to burn down and stick a Six Flags ride in.

But as has been mentioned, there is no intent for SSE to be replaced, nor would budget, restrictions, or common sense allow for it.

joshwill

what i heard was....

actually i havent heard anything, i just hope to annoy thrawn, who seems to think he runs this board.

Lynx04

Corrus said:
Space Ship Earth WILL NOT be replaced by Storm Rider from Japan, believe me...

Just to reiterate this, any major changes to SSE will never happen. That includes adding a new type of ride system in the geosphere. Doing this would be too costly, both in money and convenience to guests.

imagineer99

MickeyMan101 said:
Personally i think there should be a rollercoaster that replaces SSE- it would be odd but look at it this way- epcot doesnt have a rollercoaster yet Magic Kingdom has many MGM has RnRC Animal Kingdom is getting EE and Epcot has nothing- i'm not saying that every park should have a rollercoaster but it is supposed to be the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tommarrow where the EPCOT comes from. so why not try to find a type of roller coaster that will be the next of it's kind.- My brother thinks that if there be a roller coaster there should be two loops on top of the ball for Mickey Ears. I dont think that would happen, but hey the front side you see the real "Ball" but the back side has parts of a roller coaster sticking out of it- yes it would cost a lot but hey it is the rides of tomarrow. . .

MickeyMan101

Wow...what's that sound? Oh, it's Walt rolling over in his grave.

EPCOT is about inpsiration, education, and understanding. What does a friggin' roller coaster that makes Mickey ears have to do with that? GEESH...

tracyandalex

i can't possibly believe that SSE would get totally replaced. i think that strom riders is a cool idea, but not as a replacement to SSE

TTATraveler

Think about it, They already have Mission Space and Soaring in Future World, which are both simulator rides, not to mention the very rarely open Body Wars. I cannot see yet another simulator ride making an appearance in Epcot expecially in place of SSE.

Lee

Adventurer
General Grizz said:
Care to update us on the rest of SSE/Epcot while you're here? :lol: :D
Believe me...if I had heard anything new, I would spill it in a heartbeat.
Unfortunately...all is quiet...as far as I know.

gsimpson

Storm rider wouldn't fit

Last time I was over at Disney Seas (a wonderful park by the way) I was able to get a bit of a behind the scenes at Storm Rider and I don't think there is any way it could even be fit inside SSE. The mechanics that drive the theater are several orders of magnitude larger than those of Star Tours or Body Wars and the theater it self is quite large. Assuming they could overcome the weight/loading issues of the SSE sphere which others often speak of no amount of engineering prowess will allow the inside to be larger than the outside. (Dr. Who where are you?). Storm Rider is a good attraction and I think it would fit in well at Epcot of AK.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
joshwill said:
what i heard was....

actually i havent heard anything, i just hope to annoy thrawn, who seems to think he runs this board.

Why? Because I said that the thread was necessary since Corrus shot it down? In case you don't know, Corrus "knows" things.

And after I posted, Lee shot it down too. He "knows" things as well.

So the chance of this happening are about the same as Fidel Castro becoming the POTUS.

CaptainMichael

Thrawn said:
Why? Because I said that the thread was necessary since Corrus shot it down? In case you don't know, Corrus "knows" things.

So the chance of this happening are about the same as Fidel Castro becoming the POTUS.

Yeah, once Lee or Corrus say it isn't happening, it isn't happening.

joshwill

so were not allowed to discuss something just because it will most likely never happen?

im sorry, i mustve missed that in the posting faq.

i thought these were discussion boards. thats what theyre called on the main page.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
joshwill said:
so were not allowed to discuss something just because it will most likely never happen?

im sorry, i mustve missed that in the posting faq.

i thought these were discussion boards. thats what theyre called on the main page.

Once those two shoot something down, there is no chance of it happening in the forseeable future, so why both discussing it? There isn't a point.

KevinPage

shamrockinjimmy said:
Hey i did a forum search on this and nothing came up so i thought id post this little clip that i found

What's coming next to Epcot?

Don't count your lucky charms that this would happen :D :D :D

joshwill

Thrawn said:
Once those two shoot something down, there is no chance of it happening in the forseeable future, so why both discussing it? There isn't a point.

why discuss it?

be cause they want to.

if a discussion is not to your liking, perhaps you should take your own advice and ignore it instead of trying to bully people into stopping becuse you dont like it.

PhilosophyMagic

General Grizz said:
Replace BODY WARS with it... not Spaceship Earth.

Yes, according to the reviews on Mouseplanet, Stormrider is actually quite a good ride, with special effects, etc. I would cry if they replaced SSE with anything, though. However, does anyone think Stormrider might be a PERFECT replacement for Star Tours? I've been thinking that ever since I first heard of Stormrider. MGM needs a good new thrill, and that just might be it...

ddank

Thrawn said:

I cant speak for the poster but I think part of his point is that you are by far the most obnoxious person on these boards. Simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom