Store for "the new PI"?

Jerm

Yeah i don't see that happeneing. The one here in anaheim is always empty, they have even gone so far as to move some of the merch to WoD and into the new shop on Main St. I know they make money at times, but it is not a "Disney" store at all except once in a while they will have some messed up Mickey on a shirt. It is a high end shop that should be in Hollywood, not at DTD.

pilka214

ya, it def. looks like the kinda thing they might put in the new PI. it's disney owned which is a plus for disney. and they're trying to still get to a younger demographic with this store, similar age as curl already in PI. i don't see any reason they wouldn't put it in there.

Opening this store in the PI area of DTD would be very smart of Disney. I for one would shop there! DTD doesn't and hasn't ever had anything to offer me or my demographic (aside from the now closed clubs). I'm not into the club scene so PI wasn't ever something I cared about and I'm probably in the minority there, being that I'm 22. But this boutique would go great, it would offer things you can't find in WDW.

I really hope this rumor turns out to be true because I'll definitely be spending my money there! WDW related souvenirs hasn't ever been anything I spend alot of money on, if any... so this way Disney would be getting my money on things I would actually buy. Having a specialty boutique with a Disney flair is perfect IMHO! I can't be the only one that feels this way :shrug:

rbrower

I wish they had more stuf for guys at the regular disney stores too.
Yeah, I wish so as well.
Every once in a while I will walk in and they will have a ton of guy stuff. They always seem to have a jacket that I want, but the only one that is my size is always on the mannequin. :lol: At least I have friends that work there who allow me to take it from the mannequin. :D

pilka214

My Vault 28 experience: I walked in, looked at the price of a cool Star Wars shirt ($54!), placed the shirt down gingerly and slowly backed away.

i guess you haven't walked into an Abercrombie and Fitch recently..... i promise you people pay those kinda prices for clothes....

I don't!.....

but some ppl do.

DisneyMusician2

I would be afraid to WASH a shirt I paid $54 for!

I can't imagine...some of my dress shirts don't cost that!

I can't imagine that looking at the current economy, a boutique store like that would do well, but who knows. I have never been in the store in Anaheim, but this doesn't sound like a great idea to keep the shoppers flocking in.

VT GAL

Did anyone notice that if you go to the Event Calendar Tab at the top it says that it is under construction, but it says to please click here. When you do that it brings up an entirely new page that says (amongst other things):
Be sure to stop by this hip new location in the Downtown Disney® District and check out some amazing new items:

Fall Fashions
BLOC 28
Harveys
Level 27
Tarina Tarantino
Yvette Mandell
Vecel
... and more

So, is it already there? I am soooo confused....Did I just miss it???

I think it looks like a pretty cool store...​

VT GAL

I really hope this rumor turns out to be true because I'll definitely be spending my money there! WDW related souvenirs hasn't ever been anything I spend alot of money on, if any... so this way Disney would be getting my money on things I would actually buy. Having a specialty boutique with a Disney flair is perfect IMHO! I can't be the only one that feels this way :shrug:

I agree that I would shop here! While I love some of the t-shirts in the parks (especially the retro ones), I really don't wear those shirts often so this looks like it might be more up my alley. I am excited to see the accessories more than anything since I am afflicted by A.D.O.S (Attention Deficit Ooooooh Shiney) :p!!!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
VERY disapointed with the store at DLR. 3/4 of the stuff wasn't Disney at all. Kind of a bummer. Not get too jazzed with it coming to WDW.

Did anyone notice that if you go to the Event Calendar Tab at the top it says that it is under construction, but it says to please click here. When you do that it brings up an entirely new page that says (amongst other things):
Be sure to stop by this hip new location in the Downtown Disney® District and check out some amazing new items:

So, is it already there? I am soooo confused....Did I just miss it???​

I think it looks like a pretty cool store...​

I believe it's talking about the current Vault 28 store located in Disneyland's DTD. And my fingers are still crossed that WDW's DTD gets one :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom