Trip Report STOP RUINING MY HAPPY PLACE! Feb 2020 TR!

I'M BACK!

83929778_10216191568602005_7863406930755059712_o.jpg

I have been a fool y'all. I have sat here and read trip reports that detailed the struggles of traveling/vacationing with family and truly thought that I would never face that issue.

giphy.gif

Did I have plenty of drama and issues with my OWN family growing up going to Disney during my childhood? OF COURSE. But it feels so different when it is your own flesh and blood. So.. this TR is going to be an interesting one. But just know.. Ian (my husband) and I looked at each other at the end and said "I can't wait to come back just us".

SO..

When: January 29 - February 4, 2020
Who: ME (Annie), my husband Ian, his twin brother Nate, SIL Kristy, nephew Jaxon, Kristy's parents Dicky and Julie and Kristy's niece Aubrie

83903526_10216204656729200_8263814529759051776_o.jpg

Why: This trip was all about Jaxon's first trip to WDW. It was Nate's first trip as well! The rest of us had all been at least once.
Where: If you read my PTR, you know that we were upgraded from AS Sports to AKL! It was a fun surprise and one that everyone was very excited about.

Are you all ready to stick with me even if every day wasn't sunshine and rainbows and magic?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

annienevells

Original Poster
Ian is required to report to the Naval shipyard while I am home alone with my dog, so I figured it's time to update my TR!

Sunday, February 2, 2020

This was another planned relaxation day. I had booked 'Ohana for date night during the Superbowl (sorry Ian and Nate!! They weren't TOO upset as the Patriots *Nate's team* and the Cowboys *Ian's team* were not playing).

Ian and I did book our DVC tour for Sunday morning though. In all my years of frequenting WDW, I have not done this and we figured why not now? We scheduled a 9 AM tour and basically just rolled out of bed to wait for our ride outside of AKL.

249.jpg

After a relatively quick ride over to Saratoga Springs, we grabbed some pastries and POG juice and awaited our meeting.

250.jpg

251.jpg

We had a nice conversation, toured the model Riviera rooms, and chose to walk away for today. It is a goal for us, but it just wasn't in the cards just yet!

I did enjoy my ice cream and our $150 + 4 FPs for our entire crew.

252.jpg

We had a great driver back to AKL and had a fun conversation with him along the way. Once back at our resort, I changed into my swimwear and Ian and I headed down for lunch.

We ran into Kristy with Jaxon splashing away. It was a cooler day, but the sun was out and felt great.

253.jpg

254.jpg

We again chose nuggets. I was going for comfort food pretty often on this trip with how crummy I was feeling.

255.jpg

Ian had a peanut butter frosted Mickey brownie which he thoroughly enjoyed.

I personally went with a Mickey ice cream sandwich.

256.jpg

Ian went up to the room, while I pulled out my newest book and lounged while reading in the sun. A cast member came over at one point with yet another treat I couldn't resist.

257.jpg

annienevells

Original Poster
Sunday, February 2, 2020 continued..

Eventually, with Jaxon up with Nate in the room taking a nap, Kristy joined me out by the pool for some sun. I went and got us some frozen drinks (mocktail for her, cocktail for me)

258.jpg

She had a virgin pina colada and I had another African Sunset because I enjoyed it so much the first time. Even better this round!

We sat and talked and swam for a few hours. It was really nice to have some girl/adult time with her. I also got to get some stuff off my chest from the trip while she was in the mental space to hear me. I really enjoyed this quiet time with her!

Before long we had to make our way back to our rooms to get ready for our little date night!

259.jpg

I caught some giraffe action while Ian was showering

260.jpg

Ready to go!

We gathered up Nate and Kristy and made our way to the buses. One arrived pretty quickly, and soon we were awaiting our boat to the Poly.

261.jpg

Ian likes to make fun of my old sorority poses from college sometimes 😆

262.jpg

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! 🤷‍♀️

263.jpg

I think Nate and Kristy were extra excited about a child free date night, especially with number 2 on the way!

264.jpg

We were waiting right at sunset which made for some great photos.

265.jpg

266.jpg

We filled up the back of the boat, and we were on our way!

267.jpg

annienevells

Original Poster
Sunday, February 2, 2020 continued..

It definitely started to a get a BIT chilly as the sun continued to set, but we knew our destination wasn't far away.

268.jpg

269.jpg

I had a huge sense of calm and happiness walking into the Poly. I couldn't believe it had only been a year since Ian and I stayed here on our engagement trip! We cannot wait to be back just the two of us.

We checked in and Kristy and I grabbed some seats while the men grabbed drinks. I went with the Island Sunset, my favorite boozy drink at WDW.

270.jpg

271.jpg

Ian went with a rum and Coke. Fine, but no fun in my opinion!

I got about halfway through before we were sat at a table.

272.jpg

Everyone really enjoyed the bread, probably too much LOL

273.jpg

Ian and I were telling Nate and Kristy how the last time we were at 'Ohana, we had just taken our engagement photos!!

53261057_10213855199274232_6821149617921458176_o (1).jpg

As full as we were, the 4 of us still dug in for bread pudding - YUM

274.jpg

As we were waiting for the check, HEA began. I told Ian to take Nate outside to watch a bit, as both Kristy and I have seen them!

After paying, we made our way down to the beach (RUNNING basically because it was freezing)

275.jpg

And... they weren't there. The fellas wimped out and had headed back inside to find us. Well, we met back at the lobby to wait for an Uber, laughing at these big dudes who couldn't survive 5 minutes in the cold.

276.jpg

We had a terrible Uber drive who was BLASTING a political podcast in the car (ah yes, the pleasant soothing sounds of American politics while you're on vacation.......)

All in all, a great day! But, that means tomorrow is the last full day

To be continued..:cry:

annienevells

Original Poster
I have been finding it REALLY hard to finish this report. It makes me feel a little sad not knowing when I'll be back to the world again. BUT - writing also helps me relive the fun memories, so here we go:

Monday, February 3rd, 2020

I woke up on this morning excited for our last day at MK, but the end was coming near and it made me a little anxious. Watching the sunrise on my balcony helped!

277.jpg

This was also the day we had our group shirts. I've never done this before, but Auntie and Uncle were ready.

278.jpg

We met down at the bus stop and made our way quickly to MK. Before long we made it to the hub to take it all in before starting our day.

279.jpg

306.jpg

281.jpg

Jax was so excited to see his pal Mickey, and so was I!!

282.jpg

I had been strategizing with Kristy during this time. Aubrie LOVES Mine Train. I wanted to her be able to ride, but we did not have FP. I asked Kristy if she wanted to take Jax on something like IASW while we rode, and she was happy with that plan. Until.. We reached the ride to an enormous line immediately, and found it to be down already. We made a quick right and made the decision to ride what was closest.

The winner?

283.jpg

Aubrie rode with Ian and I (upon demands LOL). It was a tight squeeze but we had fun and it certainly woke everyone up!

Trying to get in as much as we could before our first FP (Peter Pan at 9:30), we headed to Dumbo.

284.jpg

285.jpg

We were doing our best to embarrass Aubrie, she's an easy target 😆

286.jpg

And then we waited... and waited... and waited. And then they evacuated the line and ride and gave us a bonus FP.

Where to?

annienevells

Original Poster
We decided it was time for Jaxon's first coaster. Goofy's!

287.jpg

He LOVED it! This made me feel so nostalgic, because it was the only coaster my younger brother would ride for YEARS.

After that, it was finally time for our first FP.

288.jpg

After watching the Imagineering Story on Disney+, Ian and I enjoyed this more than usual.

Following our flight, we all were HANGRY. Time for some treats. Ian and I were joined by Nate and Jaxon for some sweet ones.

289.jpg

Nutella waffle sandwich for me YUM

290.jpg

Churro ice cream sandwich for Nate and Ian both. Jax had some apple slices!

The rest of the group had headed to Tomorrowland for soft serve ice cream, so we made our way there to meet them. This was convenient, because our next FP was there as well.

291.jpg

292.jpg

Aubrie's looked delicious.

107.jpg

Kristy said this donut was for both her and the baby 🤣

108.jpg

Jax felt he deserved some too!

We made our way to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor before hitting our Buzz FP.

293.jpg

294.jpg

I had submitted a joke from Aubrie while we were in line... and it got read! She was so excited to hear "Aubrie from Lincoln, Maine"

This was her joke:

How many dancers does it take to change a light bulb?
Five… six… seven… eight!

Pretty good! Nate also was featured as Sully, which cracked us all up.

annienevells

Original Poster
All in good spirits, it was time for competition.

325.jpg

🤣

It was time to make a little trek across the park.

295.jpg

I asked the group if we could stop for yet another sweet treat at Sunshine Tree Terrace. Hey!! I'm on vacation!

296.jpg

I got a citrus swirl float.

297.jpg

Ian got an orange cream float.

Others got various different flavors!

298.jpg

And with that, it was time for our third FP.

299.jpg

300.jpg

Jax wanted us all to wave goodbye to the line!

We had a great captain with dry humor.

301.jpg

And Jaxon was absolutely enthralled with the animals. Much more so than with the ACTUAL animals at our resort and at AK!

Upon exiting a plan was formulated. Ian and I were in search of another snack before heading back to AKL where Nate, Kristy and Jax were going to take a nap. Aubrie and Kristy's parents were determined to wait in the line for 7DMT - god speed to them!

Ian and I went for salty snacks on our way out

302.jpg

303.jpg

To be continued...

annienevells

Original Poster
Monday, February 3rd, 2020 continued...

Where I last left you, Ian and I were headed back to AKL post Mickey pretzels. We made it out of the park before the Superbowl parade started! There was a sea of fans headed in as we exited though.

304.jpg

When we got back, we had some lunch and rested (Ian napping, me reading by the pool)

307.jpg

Comfort food! It seemed like my "cold" had taken a turn for the worse on this day and all I wanted was CARBS to comfort me.

After reading and swimming for awhile, I stopped by the AKL gift shop to get Jaxon a toy bus. I think the bus (in his words, the "school bus") was his favorite part of the whole trip. After Ian and I freshened up we stopped by Nate and Kristy's room. I gave him his gift and he was SO EXCITED. He gave big hugs all around (wow, I miss hugging my nephew, when will I get to do THAT again!?)

Ian and I headed off without them, as they needed a bit more down time. Fine with us!

308.jpg

I love being in MK with just Ian. We had not done one of our favorites, so we headed in that direction.

309.jpg

And where were we headed? Why, the wildest ride in the wilderness of course!

310.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

This put us in great spirits, despite this being our last night! Soon Kristy was texting us that they were arriving. Jaxon had requested another ride on Barnstormer, so off we went!

313.jpg

314.jpg

It was at this point that we met up with Aubrie and Kristy's parents. They had waited 2 hours for 7DMT and had never left the park. Nope. No way. They are great grandparents because I would have NOPED right out of there.

Jax enjoyed his ride once again, using one of my DVC FPs, and we had a few more to kill. Where to?

315.jpg

annienevells

Original Poster
Nate, Ian and I decided on SM for our FPs, while the rest of the gang did Laugh Floor AGAIN because Jax liked it so much the first time 🤣

I asked my fellas if they would pose (they NEVER do) and they agreed!

326.jpg

Next, we met back up with the group for a final ride on Buzz.

316.jpg

324.jpg

Aubrie with the Mike Wazowski moment.

We made it off our ride and hurried over to the hub just in time for HEA.

317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

I cried, as always. We had less than an hour until close and 2 FPs to burn. Kristy requested POTC, so off we went!

320.jpg

327.jpg

My row followed my lead 🤣

We then decided it was time to head out. I said my goodbyes to everyone, as I wanted my last moments to be with Ian in the park. The rest of the group had one more day, so the next time we would see them would be in Maine!

Ian and I grabbed some ice cream - All American Sundae for me and Brownie Sundae for Ian!

321.jpg

We just stood outside, ate our treats, and enjoyed being in MK for a few more minutes.

Our ride back was quick, and we fell asleep even faster!

The return home was pretty uneventful:

323.jpg

A nice final sunrise at AKL before we caught an early morning Tragical Express

annienevells

Original Poster
We made it Boston with no issues, and my dad picked us up at the airport to bring us home to Maine.

328.jpg

Thank you all for reading along! Keeping up with my Magicians and reading reports is helping me through this time of uncertainty. It's my goal to have my first meet-up in WDW when the world returns to normal!

Until next time :inlove:

annienevells

Original Poster
I’m not ready for this to be done 😭 so since I’m trapped at home anyway, I pulled out some photo albums to stroll down memory lane!

F0CB3896-96DF-4BEF-BDDD-309F9CE85380.jpeg

FCE3991E-C4A3-41D9-BAA6-89C64F6A3CBF.jpeg

B0917115-EA45-406B-A508-569D82399C13.jpeg

remember the original Skyway?!
69574381-50BE-4EA1-A906-179461E424DC.jpeg

5BD5CF56-634D-462F-A648-FC1B13DA0EAA.jpeg

Dixie Landings!
769ED75A-8120-48BC-B1D6-DC971DE45B01.jpeg

lifelong Mickey bar fan.
8EC3BB3B-FF8A-4055-9B9D-4BC591029474.jpeg

future trip reporter mapping out the day.
6C78FE09-5F93-4752-A2B3-EBA82F74F707.jpeg

the parade floats at DHS (MGM) were awesome!
B3485CA2-1C52-439A-82FF-7B56B5584CC0.jpeg

and at MK! Look at Minnie 😍
6A882F1F-D7C7-486B-8D49-F6495BC97C3C.jpeg

k8einwdw

I loved reading your report! Traveling with a bunch of family can be stressful, especially if you feel obligated to keep everyone happy and entertained as the Disney "tour guide" - glad you made it out in one piece! I love the throwback pictures too!

Matt and Kelly

Thank you for sharing your trip! Even though there was a few bumps in the road it looks like you you guys a had a great time! And even better that you and Ian got some alone time, which can be difficult to incorporate when travelling with family. I love the old photos! So neat to see all the changes. Looking forward to your next one, whenever that will be😰
Kelly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom