Stolen weapon seized after shooting at Universal Studios

napnet

Original Poster
nother stolen gun has been seized by Orlando police after a shooting early today at Universal Studios.

The weapon was found when officers stopped and arrested Eric Audifre on charges of opening fire about 2 a.m. inside the Jurassic Park parking garage, reports show.

Audifre, 28, faces at least one count of attempted murder in the shooting of Norman Sierra during a fight between two groups of patrons, reports show.

Sierra, 43, remains in critical condition at Orlando Regional Medical Center, suffering from a gunshot wound in the abdomen, reports show.

The shooting is being investigated with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which has jurisdiction over stolen guns.

Audifre, who was being questioned this morning, previously has been arrested on burglary, drug dealing and grand theft charges. Those cases were dropped or adjudication was withheld, according to court records. Police and Orange County deputies do not know how many stolen guns have been used in more than 90 murders this year. But they say criminals and killers routinely arm themselves with stolen guns.

Central Florida authorities are still trying to identify who stole 134 firearms in September from a Clermont gunshop. One of those guns turned up at a crime scene in Orlando within two weeks of the massive theft.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-shooting102706,0,7214905.story?track=rss

kcnole

what were people doing in the parking garage at 2AM? Was this after HHN? If so, I wonder if alcohol was involved. I like the HHN events at Universal, but I am extremely bothered by the amount of alcohol in the parks during that timeframe.

napnet

Original Poster
what were people doing in the parking garage at 2AM? Was this after HHN? If so, I wonder if alcohol was involved. I like the HHN events at Universal, but I am extremely bothered by the amount of alcohol in the parks during that timeframe.

I know at HHN they have metal detectors (or have when i went) so they must have gone to their cars afterwards to get their guns.. sounds premeditated to me!

pheneix

Citywalk's clubs stay open till 2am, so chances are the suspect was part of a group visiting Citywalk. Considering the caliber of person that usually shows up at Citywalk, I'm not surprised at all this happened.

Orlando is turning into a real hellhole. The city needs to get a hold on this issue now. There's no reason that a city the size of Orlando should have more murders than Boston. And no, I don't mean a higher murder per cap, I mean literally the number of bodies on slabs in this town is higher than Boston. Insane...

napnet

Original Poster
Agreed... Orlando has a large crime wave going on... what 60 murders now? Next thing you know WDW is going to build a huge wall all around its property to keep Orlando out!

pheneix

Ha. 60? Try over 90 dude. It's bad. When I first saw the video game Saints Row at my friend's apartment my first thought was "wow, they must have come to Metro Orlando to do their research!"

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
wow...thank god i'm in the middle of a UO boycott

napnet

Original Poster
Ha. 60? Try over 90 dude. It's bad. When I first saw the video game Saints Row at my friend's apartment my first thought was "wow, they must have come to Metro Orlando to do their research!"

Ah, all these murder reminds me of my old home town of Atlanta

pheneix

thank god i'm in the middle of a UO boycott

Oh come on, how narrow minded can you be not to enjoy anything else besides Disney? They both have their advantages and disadvantages and there's enough room for both in this town! It is not like Universal is a trash filled park full of broken rides and a staff of gangbangers who can't tell a difference between a red button and a green button! Oh wait, that sounds just like Universal. Nevermind.... :animwink:

mkt

Premium Member
Oh come on, how narrow minded can you be not to enjoy anything else besides Disney? They both have their advantages and disadvantages and there's enough room for both in this town! It is not like Universal is a trash filled park full of broken rides and a staff of gangbangers who can't tell a difference between a red button and a green button! Oh wait, that sounds just like Universal. Nevermind.... :animwink:
Pheneix... I know you share my views... just not my actions ;)

Legacy

I know at HHN they have metal detectors (or have when i went) so they must have gone to their cars afterwards to get their guns.. sounds premeditated to me!

It took place in the parking garage. It could have been anything and it could have absolutely nothing to do with the resort.

It could have been a drug deal that went bad.

IOACentralRadio

You disney people. There is the little matter of a knife fight not more than two months ago at Pleasure Island. There is also the fact of the man bringing in a taser into Epcot....yeah, it has nothing to do with Universal or disney, its just society and the area. The people were seen arguing in Citywalk...it then escalated to the parking garage. Orlando is a rough place when you get just outside of the swamp that disney is built on. Alcohol has a lot to do with it, when it flows freely as it does at UO, then those who are not responsible will get out of hand. Stop serving alcohol, and there goes a large portion of profit. Remember boys and girls, they used to sell alcohol at the Magic Kingdom until Epcot was opened.
And stay on your UO boycott, disney wants your money anyway.

mkt

Premium Member
You disney people.

Yes?

There is the little matter of a knife fight not more than two months ago at Pleasure Island.
I was there that night. However, if you REEEEEEEEEEAAAALLLY wanna get technical, this could happen at any restaurant, anywhere in the world, that uses utensils for its patrons to eat... or countless other places

There is also the fact of the man bringing in a taser into Epcot....
However, it could happen at Universal too... I can't begin to count the times the sticks probing my camera bag only probed the main pocket... not the 4 others on the bag

The people were seen arguing in Citywalk...it then escalated to the parking garage.
So why didn't Universal Security and OPD do anything about it?

Orlando is a rough place when you get just outside of the swamp that disney is built on.
The world is a rough place :rolleyes:

Alcohol has a lot to do with it, when it flows freely as it does at UO, then those who are not responsible will get out of hand. Stop serving alcohol, and there goes a large portion of profit
However, as *cough*RESPONSIBLE VENDORS*cough* they need to know when to cut someone off. I've never seen someone anywhere in Disney drink themselves to the point that they couldn't stand. I've seen it at Universal though.

Remember boys and girls, they used to sell alcohol at the Magic Kingdom until Epcot was opened.
Source please... I'm almost certain you're wrong on this one.

And stay on your UO boycott, disney wants your money anyway.
Yessir. Thankfully, Universal Orlando hasn't gotten a cent from me since 2004 :) I just work my one day per year to keep my ID active.

TowerOfTerror

Erik you're giving IoaCentral a bad name around here !
I strongly recommend creating a new user name that doesn't inflict damage on the image of IoaCentral. In all honesty I don't think that David and Nick would appreciate you're doings on this site. :wave:

We have a team of Freedom Fighters on this site that keep peace on most bothersome topics. We need all the help we can get on the Dis :lol:

pheneix

I think associating IOA Central with Freedom Fighters on an internet message board does more damage to their name than anything the radio guy is doing.

The Mom

Premium Member
Remember boys and girls, they used to sell alcohol at the Magic Kingdom until Epcot was opened.

Cite?

I have never heard of MK selling alchohol, and in fact, remember hearing someone complaining about it being "dry" after a 1976 trip. Also, when Epcot first opened (I was there) alcohol could ONLY be purchased in the full service restaurants. I remember my parents and I having to order an appetizer in Japan in order to get a cold beer. :lol:

The murder rate in Jacksonville is also one of the highest in the country, but almost all of them are in certain areas of town, and almost all of them are drug or gang related. I certainly am not living in fear as I step outside my door.

And finally, I will reiterate a forum rule. Please do not talk about what's going on at other WDW websites here. We have enough problems of our own without importing any. :lol:

hedbeeninfested

why is there so much anger towards universal? I personally love it there and I love disney too...they are both great places depending on my mood. Its not like universal will ever be a threat to disney's business...we all know that...so can't we just enjoy it? Jeez I thought this thread was to read a news story not bash on the parks and employees (which I am) of universal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom