Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

J. D.

I know what you mean. I said a teary-eyed goodbye to Mission to Mars last week.
When I was a kid, my mom would lie and tell me Mission To Mars was closed so she wouldn't have to ride it. I loved it because I was obsessed with space at the time, but she found it incredibly boring.

The Empress Lilly

Wow, you must have spent an extraordinarily long time in the denial stage of grieving. :jawdrop: Glad you were finally able to get to the acceptance stage though, now you can heal. ;):joyfull:
Stitch is the end of the line for this structure. Four attractions in a row used the same basic setup, even today if you remove the central column for a flatscreen on the floor and ceiling you have Flight to the Moon. The upcoming destruction is the end of all of them, in a way. Yes, I'm a romantic. :)

Goofyernmost

Stitch is the end of the line for this structure. Four attractions in a row used the same basic setup, even today if you remove the central column for a flatscreen on the floor and ceiling you have Flight to the Moon. The upcoming destruction is the end of all of them, in a way. Yes, I'm a romantic. :)
Yup, I was there for all of them too. Sorry, but, Flight to the Moon, Mission to Mars have been dead and buried for many, many years now. I was amazed that they were able to put two shows in that same design between Alien Encounter and Stitches Great Escape. It will be interesting to see what the do with the interior now. Obviously they are going to somehow take out the circular walls and square it up, so to speak. All of them had their moment and they are all past. So I'm looking forward to what they do in the future. The past is the past.

brb1006

Universal.
I remember years ago Nickelodeon characters used to be seen at various Paramount Parks before the Peanuts took over. I remember they had a major focus for there commercials such as "King's Island" where a ton of attractions were dedicated to various shows and characters that guests could meet.

FigmentJedi

What parks do they have?

Universal.

I remember years ago Nickelodeon characters used to be seen at various Paramount Parks before the Peanuts took over. I remember they had a major focus for there commercials such as "King's Island" where a ton of attractions were dedicated to various shows and characters that guests could meet.

As far as extant Nick parks go, I was referring to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America in Minnesota and coming to American Dream in New Jersey in 2018.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
. Obviously they are going to somehow take out the circular walls and square it up, so to speak. All of them had their moment and they are all past. So I'm looking forward to what they do in the future. The past is the past.
Thankfully the circular walls will remain :) Yes, there will still be some 1971 in there. Two circular show chambers.

Aside from that pretty much everything else will change.

The Empress Lilly

Yup, I was there for all of them too. Sorry, but, Flight to the Moon, Mission to Mars have been dead and buried for many, many years now. I was amazed that they were able to put two shows in that same design between Alien Encounter and Stitches Great Escape. It will be interesting to see what the do with the interior now. Obviously they are going to somehow take out the circular walls and square it up, so to speak. All of them had their moment and they are all past. So I'm looking forward to what they do in the future. The past is the past.
Flight to the Moon closed in 75. Your first trip was in 83.
langue3.gif

Goofyernmost

Thankfully the circular walls will remain :) Yes, there will still be some 1971 in there. Two circular show chambers.

Aside from that pretty much everything else will change.
And now you have me intrigued. Have they issued on artwork on this one yet? Two separate, identical, shows or just utilizing both for one show?

Goofyernmost

Flight to the Moon closed in 75. Your first trip was in 83.
langue3.gif
That is correct, good catch. Cross quoting from two different threads. Don't ask me where I saw it, because I do not remember, but, I'm fairly sure that I have. Maybe one of Martins Tributes? Either way the biggest change was the destination.

Goofyernmost

It's not even officially happening yet ;)

Two identical shows to maintain capacity. Pretty much how it works today.
So just not a scary alien theme and no guest stanchions, no chili burp or sneeze spray. Sounds boring to me. Give me about 10 more years and I will be posting about how much I miss the good old days of SGE. (sigh, I miss it already and it's not even gone yet) Let me ask you this. I have been thinking about a quick trip in the end of January or early February, what's the chance that I will be able to get my chili fix in before the close. :hungry::joyfull:

The Empress Lilly

So just not a scary alien theme and no guest stanchions, no chili burp or sneeze spray. Sounds boring to me. Give me about 10 more years and I will be posting about how much I miss the good old days of SGE. (sigh, I miss it already and it's not even gone yet) Let me ask you this. I have been thinking about a quick trip in the end of January or early February, what's the chance that I will be able to get my chili fix in before the close. :hungry::joyfull:
I took two goodbye rides on SGE last week. I even felt a bit sad. I guess equal parts because I simply adore Stitch himself, and because the imminent closure makes mild.

From one perspective SGE is a complete waste of time. A toonified, toddlerfied ExtraTERRORestrial. From another it is a fun few minutes with a cute/misschievous alien in Great Moments with Stitch. In what is despite any criticism still a unique attraction setup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom