• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement for 50th

WDWTank

This would be pretty cool. For me the ideal changes would be: in MK they can put Wall•E in place of MILF, and Wreck it Ralph as rumored in SGE. Expand Fantasyland with the Sword in the Stone Dark Ride you mentioned, and replace Enchanted Tales with a BATB dark Ride. Then update Tiki Room with Moana as said by Martin. In DHS build the Door Coaster, an Indy Ride in place of of Indy Stunt Show, a Muppets ride and use Big Hero 6 as the new IP for Star Tours. In AK, build the Jungle Book ride behind Kali, and a new E-ticket instead of Dinorama. As for Epcot, update Imagination, Inside Out in WoL, Alice/Brave in UK, and Coco in Mexico.
But then the parks would be a massive advertisement! Instead of being immersed in themed lands! :)

raymusiccity

Not to mention the awesome preshow
'Second verse, same as the first'.......It moooves sooo slowwwly...... There's no story line that jumps out at you. 'Try watching an entire POV video of Symbolica. It's better than any sleep aid you can buy! I agree with many of the posts that state dark rides are great, but, they really need to be more dynamic. I think that's why there will be many converts when Mickey's Runaway Train opens.' :)

David2319

Not to mention the awesome preshow
'Second verse, same as the first'.......It moooves sooo slowwwly...... There's no story line that jumps out at you. 'Try watching an entire POV video of Symbolica. It's better than any sleep aid you can buy! I agree with many of the posts that state dark rides are great, but, they really need to be more dynamic. I think that's why there will be many converts when Mickey's Runaway Train opens.' :)
Symbolica is a fantastic ride and used its budget to tremendous levels, but it is in no way a Disney standard E-ticket. It is hands down the best dark ride built by a company that is not Disney or Universal, but again, its lower budget does show.

brb1006

I will let that slide for Efteling since I been following "The Making Of Symbolica" for months now.

brb1006

Symbolica is a fantastic ride and used its budget to tremendous levels, but it is in no way a Disney standard E-ticket. It is hands down the best dark ride built by a company that is not Disney or Universal, but again, its lower budget does show.
But for a non-Disney Park it is pretty impressive. If I remember correctly, that attraction appears to be pretty expensive for Europe.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I know this thread has already veered, and that is in part due to the stagnation if plans, but in the general interest of designating topics, and not blurring the lines, I am reminding (and renaming) the thread to specify that this is intended for discussion about the SGE replacement, and I honestly dont know what is going on with it at this point. Originally, we were looking at a Sugar Rush themed 3D simulator with two circular theaters in the same footprint as SGE's, and that may or may not still be the plan. All I know is that as of June, the SGE replacement is one of many WDW50 projects, some of which havent even come to light.

aladdin2007

I know this thread has already veered, and that is in part due to the stagnation if plans, but in the general interest of designating topics, and not blurring the lines, I am reminding (and renaming) the thread to specify that this is intended for discussion about the SGE replacement, and I honestly dont know what is going on with it at this point. Originally, we were looking at a Sugar Rush themed 3D simulator with two circular theaters in the same footprint as SGE's, and that may or may not still be the plan. All I know is that as of June, the SGE replacement is one of many WDW50 projects, some of which havent even come to light.
thank you for the update and great idea with the thread rename.

brb1006

Symbolica looks incredible indeed, but I have trouble following the storyline...does it have a storyline?
If I remember correctly, according to the behind the scenes making of the attraction. Guests are invited by King Pardulfus to a special ceremony and organized by O.J. Punctuel but get interrupted by Pardoes and invited the guests on a tour around Symbolica. It's a bit hard to understand since in order to understand the attraction. You have to be familiar with the characters featured in the ride since these characters (Besides Pardoes and Pardijn) have appeared in past Efteling comics all in Dutch language. While Pardoes has been the mascot for the park since 1989. Pardoes even has a TV Series that aired on Nickalodeon in the Netherlands that shows how he became a wizard.
Thankfully "The Making Of Symbolica" video series has English captions that is optional and guests over there really love it.
Then again, these characters are more well-known in The Netherlands since Efteling is very popular over there while the park itself isn't that well-known outside of Europe.

I don't want to give a short history behind Pardoes and Efteling since this a different thread. But Efteling is the closest that can a non-Disney Park can get since the attractions over there are themed after Fairy Tales,Myths and stories.

SGE Replacement - Omnimover Layout.png
This is a really cruddy diagram I made of a possible use of the SGE space. I know this is nowhere near what's actually going to happen but I think it's still worth a shot showing it. First, the inside portion of the building with SGE and the shops closest to it will be completely ripped out, leaving Cosmic Rays.The empty space would become an omnimover, maybe around the same size as Nemo. The Peoplemover has windows looking out onto the ride, where Star Traders used to be. Load/Unload is in the same place, with an exit hall connected to a new gift shop. Once again I don't expect this to actually happen, this is just an idea.

Brer Oswald

This would be pretty cool. For me the ideal changes would be: in MK they can put Wall•E in place of MILF, and Wreck it Ralph as rumored in SGE. Expand Fantasyland with the Sword in the Stone Dark Ride you mentioned, and replace Enchanted Tales with a BATB dark Ride. Then update Tiki Room with Moana as said by Martin. In DHS build the Door Coaster, an Indy Ride in place of of Indy Stunt Show, a Muppets ride and use Big Hero 6 as the new IP for Star Tours. In AK, build the Jungle Book ride behind Kali, and a new E-ticket instead of Dinorama. As for Epcot, update Imagination, Inside Out in WoL, Alice/Brave in UK, and Coco in Mexico.
Why not extend Kali's track, retheme it to a Jungle Book river raft ride, and have indoor and outdoor scenes? Then put Wall•E in MILF, put a restaurant or low traffic show in SGE, and this one is completely BlueSky and unlikely, but put a ride with a modern take on the ideas and concepts of Horizons in Buzz's place.

EricsBiscuit

Why not extend Kali's track, retheme it to a Jungle Book river raft ride, and have indoor and outdoor scenes? Then put Wall•E in MILF, put a restaurant or low traffic show in SGE, and this one is completely BlueSky and unlikely, but put a ride with a modern take on the ideas and concepts of Horizons in Buzz's place.
If they're gonna do a restaurant it should be in TT because it's a hideous building. Put any new attraction in SHE and keep IP out of Kali.

MerlinTheGoat

I haven't seen it in person, but Symbolica looks absolutely wonderful from the videos, seems to be a fantastic addition to an already wonderful park. Disney obviously still has better moving animatronics (which I absolutely love and appreciate), though Symbolica's are still quite good for a non-Disney park and beautifully designed.

And the entire ride is beautifully designed. Efteling has a wonderful creative team with very talented artists. I'd argue superior to most of Disney's current imagineers. Scenery wise, IMO Symbolica is above Disney's own rides using the same trackless system. Even Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor. Again Disney still has better moving robotics (which I do not mean to downplay as i'm a huge fan of AAs), but in literally every other aspect i'd say Symbolica at least meets Disney's best modern rides, arguably surpassing them.

I became aware of Efteling a few years ago and would love to visit it someday. Their other older rides are also still great. Droovlucht (Dreamflight) and Fata Morgana have some wonderful art and scenery. There's also a lengthy walking tour with tons of charming and beautiful scenes from various fairy tales and nursery rhymes.

Brer Oswald

If they're gonna do a restaurant it should be in TT because it's a hideous building. Put any new attraction in SHE and keep IP out of Kali.
TT? On the topic of Kali, it's pretty underwhelming thematically. They build it up to be this big story, but it's just a simple ride where you pass a burning log. It's not very thrilling, and there's not much to look at, so it could use some retheming. Believe me, I'm not a big fan of injecting Disney IP into park original attractions, but out of all the original IP attractions, Kali's the weakest.

Top Bottom