Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

SGE Replacement - Omnimover Layout.png

This is a really cruddy diagram I made of a possible use of the SGE space. I know this is nowhere near what's actually going to happen but I think it's still worth a shot showing it. First, the inside portion of the building with SGE and the shops closest to it will be completely ripped out, leaving Cosmic Rays.The empty space would become an omnimover, maybe around the same size as Nemo. The Peoplemover has windows looking out onto the ride, where Star Traders used to be. Load/Unload is in the same place, with an exit hall connected to a new gift shop. Once again I don't expect this to actually happen, this is just an idea.

Brer Oswald

This would be pretty cool. For me the ideal changes would be: in MK they can put Wall•E in place of MILF, and Wreck it Ralph as rumored in SGE. Expand Fantasyland with the Sword in the Stone Dark Ride you mentioned, and replace Enchanted Tales with a BATB dark Ride. Then update Tiki Room with Moana as said by Martin. In DHS build the Door Coaster, an Indy Ride in place of of Indy Stunt Show, a Muppets ride and use Big Hero 6 as the new IP for Star Tours. In AK, build the Jungle Book ride behind Kali, and a new E-ticket instead of Dinorama. As for Epcot, update Imagination, Inside Out in WoL, Alice/Brave in UK, and Coco in Mexico.
Why not extend Kali's track, retheme it to a Jungle Book river raft ride, and have indoor and outdoor scenes? Then put Wall•E in MILF, put a restaurant or low traffic show in SGE, and this one is completely BlueSky and unlikely, but put a ride with a modern take on the ideas and concepts of Horizons in Buzz's place.

EricsBiscuit

Why not extend Kali's track, retheme it to a Jungle Book river raft ride, and have indoor and outdoor scenes? Then put Wall•E in MILF, put a restaurant or low traffic show in SGE, and this one is completely BlueSky and unlikely, but put a ride with a modern take on the ideas and concepts of Horizons in Buzz's place.
If they're gonna do a restaurant it should be in TT because it's a hideous building. Put any new attraction in SHE and keep IP out of Kali.

MerlinTheGoat

I haven't seen it in person, but Symbolica looks absolutely wonderful from the videos, seems to be a fantastic addition to an already wonderful park. Disney obviously still has better moving animatronics (which I absolutely love and appreciate), though Symbolica's are still quite good for a non-Disney park and beautifully designed.

And the entire ride is beautifully designed. Efteling has a wonderful creative team with very talented artists. I'd argue superior to most of Disney's current imagineers. Scenery wise, IMO Symbolica is above Disney's own rides using the same trackless system. Even Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor. Again Disney still has better moving robotics (which I do not mean to downplay as i'm a huge fan of AAs), but in literally every other aspect i'd say Symbolica at least meets Disney's best modern rides, arguably surpassing them.

I became aware of Efteling a few years ago and would love to visit it someday. Their other older rides are also still great. Droovlucht (Dreamflight) and Fata Morgana have some wonderful art and scenery. There's also a lengthy walking tour with tons of charming and beautiful scenes from various fairy tales and nursery rhymes.

Brer Oswald

If they're gonna do a restaurant it should be in TT because it's a hideous building. Put any new attraction in SHE and keep IP out of Kali.
TT? On the topic of Kali, it's pretty underwhelming thematically. They build it up to be this big story, but it's just a simple ride where you pass a burning log. It's not very thrilling, and there's not much to look at, so it could use some retheming. Believe me, I'm not a big fan of injecting Disney IP into park original attractions, but out of all the original IP attractions, Kali's the weakest.

brb1006

I haven't seen it in person, but Symbolica looks absolutely wonderful from the videos, seems to be a fantastic addition to an already wonderful park. Disney obviously still has better moving animatronics (which I absolutely love and appreciate), though Symbolica's are still quite good for a non-Disney park and beautifully designed.

And the entire ride is beautifully designed. Efteling has a wonderful creative team with very talented artists. I'd argue superior to most of Disney's current imagineers. Scenery wise, IMO Symbolica is above Disney's own rides using the same trackless system. Even Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor. Again Disney still has better moving robotics (which I do not mean to downplay as i'm a huge fan of AAs), but in literally every other aspect i'd say Symbolica at least meets Disney's best modern rides, arguably surpassing them.

I became aware of Efteling a few years ago and would love to visit it someday. Their other older rides are also still great. Droovlucht (Dreamflight) and Fata Morgana have some wonderful art and scenery. There's also a lengthy walking tour with tons of charming and beautiful scenes from various fairy tales and nursery rhymes.
Even the music heard as your entering the park is welcoming and peaceful.

ppete1975

Originally, we were looking at a Sugar Rush themed 3D simulator with two circular theaters in the same footprint as SGE's, .
How would that even work? I'm just not visualizing it, is there anything that does this now.. I guess I'm thinking of the experience we have now and converting to a 3d simulator would the middle be a screen? vr glasses?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Actually, there is a rule. Bob Chapek, the president of the parks division has stated that going forward things will be: more Disney; more timeless and relevant; and more family friendly.

You know what "more Disney" means...

I guess the GotG coaster will be "family friendly", then. Guardians of the Barnstormer, here we come!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
View attachment 226604
This is a really cruddy diagram I made of a possible use of the SGE space. I know this is nowhere near what's actually going to happen but I think it's still worth a shot showing it. First, the inside portion of the building with SGE and the shops closest to it will be completely ripped out, leaving Cosmic Rays.The empty space would become an omnimover, maybe around the same size as Nemo. The Peoplemover has windows looking out onto the ride, where Star Traders used to be. Load/Unload is in the same place, with an exit hall connected to a new gift shop. Once again I don't expect this to actually happen, this is just an idea.

You'd have to account for the holes in the floor where the existing theaters are (In SGE, when seated in the theaters your butt is something like 20 feet "off the floor"). And taking out retail space for an attraction does not sound like something today's Disney management would ever green-light.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How would that even work? I'm just not visualizing it, is there anything that does this now.. I guess I'm thinking of the experience we have now and converting to a 3d simulator would the middle be a screen? vr glasses?
Imagine the current holding room and preshow area becoming one large queue area.

Then Imagine both current chambers having a level floor. Next imagine 5/6 pairs of "vehicles" (limited motion base) arranged around this level floor in each chamber with the ceiling and/or walls a projection space. Imagine it being VR, then AR, then 3D, then 2D, then cancelled.

LukeS7

Imagine the current holding room and preshow area becoming one large queue area.

Then Imagine both current chambers having a level floor. Next imagine 5/6 pairs of "vehicles" (limited motion base) arranged around this level floor in each chamber with the ceiling and/or walls a projection space. Imagine it being VR, then AR, then 3D, then 2D, then cancelled.
Sounds like the idea got hacked to death at the end

danheaton

As this discussion shows, it's going to be tricky for Disney to replace Stitch without a major overhaul. They should do it, but barring some sort of weird overlay in the same circular theater, they're limited by space. I just hope they do something and get rolling soon.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Jimmy Neutron?

DisneyFan18

Have you heard anything new regarding what IP/attraction will eventually replace it? What's the timeframe they have to decide it so it can open by WDW50?

Dinoman96

TT? On the topic of Kali, it's pretty underwhelming thematically. They build it up to be this big story, but it's just a simple ride where you pass a burning log. It's not very thrilling, and there's not much to look at, so it could use some retheming. Believe me, I'm not a big fan of injecting Disney IP into park original attractions, but out of all the original IP attractions, Kali's the weakest.

Slapping an IP on to it won't fix Kali's issues. The whole ride just needs to be redone, it's far too short and rudimentary.

It's just another victim of terrible budget cuts that plagued Disney theme parks back then. It was meant to be a much bigger and longer ride then it currently is, that's why there's a still wad of unused space right by it.

So yeah, tear it down and put a much better and bigger water attraction in its place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom