Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

GlacierGlacier

Thank you! And that was an... interesting experience it seemed. So, basically the evil queen tries to kill you the entire ride?
From what I've heard, you're supposed to be snow white going on these scary adventures. Except Snow White never went on adventures quite that scary, and it isn't particularly established that you're snow white. And it's a kids ride. In Disneyland/World. Talk about poor planning.

Matt_Black

Thank you! And that was an... interesting experience it seemed. So, basically the evil queen tries to kill you the entire ride?

"Tries" would imply she's unsuccessful. The end strongly suggests that yes, you are dead from a story standpoint.

From what I've heard, you're supposed to be snow white going on these scary adventures. Except Snow White never went on adventures quite that scary, and it isn't particularly established that you're snow white. And it's a kids ride. In Disneyland/World. Talk about poor planning.

And there's only one scene with the dwarfs.

JoeCamel

Can Universal "borrow" this ride? It would fit right in and be the hit of the parks. Scary and cool all at once, gee how times have changed.

Dunston

I just hope the replacement is still a "scary" ride, in the vein of how scary Stitch was. Obviously they wouldn't make another ride at the level of Alien encounter, but I believe it would be foolish to remove the only experience of this type from MK.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I just hope the replacement is still a "scary" ride, in the vein of how scary Stitch was. Obviously they wouldn't make another ride at the level of Alien encounter, but I believe it would be foolish to remove the only experience of this type from MK.
A large reason we are getting a replacement is to ditch the scary aspects.

Bender123

And the original version ne
"Tries" would imply she's unsuccessful. The end strongly suggests that yes, you are dead from a story standpoint.

And there's only one scene with the dwarfs.

The original version of it didn't even have Snow White in it...The rider was supposed to be Snow White, but that concept was not very well done.

Matt_Black

Alien Encounter on the other hand was just stupid.

1l9pss.jpg

Bender123

#1: awesome.

#2: If Alien would have been in the studios instead of MK, it would have been hailed as a classic and all time great attraction. The only problem it had was that it was in the family park and parents aren't smart enough to figure out that not everything is little kid appropriate.

Matt_Black

#1: awesome.

#2: If Alien would have been in the studios instead of MK, it would have been hailed as a classic and all time great attraction. The only problem it had was that it was in the family park and parents aren't smart enough to figure out that not everything is little kid appropriate.

Well, part of the problem is that by the time the attraction was underway, they decided to move away from the Aliens IP and make it an original attraction, so people would have complained that it didn't belong in the Studios. Now, I support moving away, because in the long-term, the original IP could theoretically give Disney more freedom (and they did go back to the well with it at DisneyQuest before that dried up). Plus XS Tech was a brilliant fictional company.

The Empress Lilly

Snow was not a kid's ride. There were no kid's rides in WDW, except maybe Dumbo. The idea of WDW as toddler town came about later.

DocAlan02

I met my first wife when I was working at EPCOT Center and she was on the college program. She worked Fantasyland attractions and Snow White was part of her rotation. She absolutely hated working at that ride, as she said that every single family that came off of it was miserable. They would often yell at the cast members about it being too scary. This was in '91-'92, so it was before it was renamed to be "Snow White's Scary Adventures." We always thought it was a good thing that they changed the name..maybe it would clue a few more people in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom