Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

disney1023

IASW was a 1964 World Expo ride for the UNICEF pavilion. About world peace and brotherhood in the aftermath of WWII and the near repeat during the Cuba crisis.It's not about singing dolls for kids - although the genius of Disney is that the ride can be enjoyed by everybody, of all ages.

ht_its_a_small_world_WF-1-8-1_sr_140320_3x2_1600.jpg
The WDW que was a little eerie though.

The Empress Lilly

The WDW que was a little eerie though.
Eerie? Really? In what way? I remember it being a bit sparse, but never struck me as spooky. Plus we had a fountain!

Also, the MK's queue was the best, because IASW was integrated fully into Fantasyland, unlike at DL where it is a separate enitty about half an hour walk from FL. The current half-hearted copy of DL reduces the MK version into inferior wannabe. As is the story if all of the MK, the Queen of Disney parks reduced to inferior toddler Disney store without artistic merit.

disney1023

Eerie? Really? In what way? I remember it being a bit sparse, but never struck me as spooky. Plus we had a fountain!

Also, the MK's queue was the best, because IASW was integrated fully into Fantasyland, unlike at DL where it is a separate enitty about half an hour walk from FL. The current half-hearted copy of DL reduces the MK version into inferior wannabe. As is the story if all of the MK, the Queen of Disney parks reduced to inferior toddler Disney store without artistic merit.
I do agree with that, but the darkness of it seemed spooky. I do wish the clock tower would have been taken care of a little better. I wish they kept the fountains though. Bu other than all of that, the dark color tone and black ceiling, it just seems off, especially in the opening celebration TV special.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I just watched a YouTube video of the attraction, and at the risk of also making the list, I don’t see how different it was compared to SGE. A whole lot more talking maybe.

What were the special effects going on in the seats? Was there something akin to Stitch bouncing on your shoulders, but more menacing? Anything else? ‘Cause honestly, from the video anyway, it looks like a giant snooze fest.

Matt_Black

I just watched a YouTube video of the attraction, and at the risk of also making the list, I don’t see how different it was compared to SGE. A whole lot more talking maybe.

What were the special effects going on in the seats? Was there something akin to Stitch bouncing on your shoulders, but more menacing? Anything else? ‘Cause honestly, from the video anyway, it looks like a giant snooze fest.

Alien drool dripping on your shoulders. Feeling the creature's hot breath on the back of your neck. Bi-aural sound tricks to make it seem like it was circling around you.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So is it not at all possible to salvage Stitch with a new storyline and better effects?

Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter went through a storyline revision and overhaul. Did the Dis at least consider tweaking the Stitch show as an option over a flat out replacement? Fearing the worst I'd rather a retooling vs a replacement. Is that off the table at his point?

Bocabear

So is it not at all possible to salvage Stitch with a new storyline and better effects?

Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter went through a storyline revision and overhaul. Did the Dis at least consider tweaking the Stitch show as an option over a flat out replacement? Fearing the worst I'd rather a retooling vs a replacement. Is that off the table at his point?
The Stitch Encounter was already a retool of a far superior attraction...It is unpopular, unloved by most and a thoroughly crappy attraction. Retooling at this point would not save it...It just needs to be completely scrapped and something new added...hopefully without Stitch. Stitch is one of those characters that was shoved down everyopne's throats, and in the end I think their overuse of him killed his popularity. I am hoping for a whole new sort of attraction as a replacement...
I would love to see the AA Stitch figures causing mischoef in the TTA show scenes....that would be a really fun use for them....

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The character Stitch is popular. And the IP is a perfect fit for Tomorrowland. Shame to waste it. The problem isn't the character but how he's portrayed in the show. The current show is also too scary for little kids and too boring for older kids. Stitch will always come up short to Alien Encounter because it was essentially a watered down version of it. The obvious solution should be to change the show's storyline. Ditch the scary and make it silly. I'm not opposed to seeing a Stitch 2.0 retooling however unlikely.

Last edited:

bclane

The character Stitch is popular. And the IP is a perfect fit for Tomorrowland. Shame to waste it. The problem isn't the character but how he's portrayed in the show. The current show is too scary for little kids and too boring for older kids. Stitch will always come up short to Alien Encounter because it was essentially a watered down version of it. The obvious solution should be to change the show's storyline. Ditch the scary and make it funny. I'm not opposed to seeing a Stitch 2.0 retooling.
I really enjoyed Lilo and Stitch but it was the sweetness of it that really hooked me. They need to do a really cute Hawaiian rollercoaster ride experience where we go surfing with the gang and they somehow convey that feel good Hawaiian aloha vibe...but with friendly aliens.

Matt_Black

The character Stitch is popular. And the IP is a perfect fit for Tomorrowland. Shame to waste it. The problem isn't the character but how he's portrayed in the show. The current show is too scary for little kids and too boring for older kids. Stitch will always come up short to Alien Encounter because it was essentially a watered down version of it. The obvious solution should be to change the show's storyline. Ditch the scary and make it silly. I'm not opposed to seeing a Stitch 2.0 retooling however unlikely.

I don't think that's the problem. The issue is that they totally miss the emotional heart of Lilo & Stitch, the concept of Ohana that resonated with so many people. It's Stitch before any of his character development. It would be like if they made an attraction of Beauty & The Beast and focused on the Prince when he was a spoiled human brat.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Oh I agree! That's certainly why I dislike the show. But a tonal shift with post-Ohana Stitch could be accomplished with a retooling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom