Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

PizzaPlanet

There is a major rebranding effort going on behind the scenes which has Universal wanting to get away from being family friendly and going more into thrills and young adults.
Are you sure it isn't the other way around? Universal has always been known for its appeal to thrill-seekers. Some of Universal's attempts at kid friendly attractions (Kidzone) have been somewhat laughable in the past compared to Disney. But now it seems that Harry Potter, and now Nintendo, are both efforts to draw more families and kids away from Disney.

Gringrinngghost

Are you sure it isn't the other way around? Universal has always been known for its appeal to thrill-seekers. Some of Universal's attempts at kid friendly attractions (Kidzone) have been somewhat laughable in the past compared to Disney. But now it seems that Harry Potter, and now Nintendo, are both efforts to draw more families and kids away from Disney.
Yes, I am sure. Nintendo will be aimed for the young-adults and up.

Disneyhead'71

Yes, I am sure. Nintendo will be aimed for the young-adults and up.
Yoshi is an Omnimover through a vividly colored environment basically riding one of these
maxresdefault.jpg

And Secret Life of Pets will be like Mystic Manor only less scary.

They are removing 2 suspended coasters and replacing it with a family friendly highly themed coaster.

Seems they are not moving towards thrill rides. But if I am correct, one of the coming attractions will be psychological thriller in the vein of ExTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.

Haymarket2008

Just heard about something happening here. It would be... Interesting. A positive net gain, IMO. Not sure if this is the AE Character Greeting, as the description I was given works with the name, or if it is a stop gap until whatever is next. Whatever it is, a semi-permanent offering should be in the space by the 50th.

Hmm. That doesn't sound like a worthy attraction is in the works. Hopefully not just a more fleshed out Meet & Greet.

Bocabear

Hmm. That doesn't sound like a worthy attraction is in the works. Hopefully not just a more fleshed out Meet & Greet.
I agree...and if they have a temporary attraction it will for sure be another crappy meet and greet....a character meet and greet is not a net gain.... it is just a cheap filler for a missing attraction....while ticket prices continue to rise....
way to aim low Disney!~

Kman101

Yoshi is an Omnimover through a vividly colored environment basically riding one of these
maxresdefault.jpg

And Secret Life of Pets will be like Mystic Manor only less scary.

They are removing 2 suspended coasters and replacing it with a family friendly highly themed coaster.

Seems they are not moving towards thrill rides. But if I am correct, one of the coming attractions will be psychological thriller in the vein of ExTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.

A coaster is still a coaster, so to me that's a 'thrill', family friendly or not. But compared to dragons, I'm sure the Potter forest coaster will be considered 'less' of a thrill, but it's still a coaster at the end of the day.

And Universal needed more family friendly rides so it's a step in the right direction. The balance still favors more high thrills. And nothing wrong with that.

Seems Uni is filling the void they have with dark, family friendly rides, and WDW seems to be adding a few more high thrills (three coasters coming, Tron, Guardians & Slinky).

Castle Cake Apologist

very good as in oppressively hot and dangerous ? line is meh. ride is meh.

We must be experiencing different queues when we ride Kali. I'll give you the ride for sure, it's lame as hell. But the queue is generally considered to be one of the best they've ever built. The level of detailing and place making and storytelling is insane. I've never found it to be any hotter than other outdoor queues, and there's even water fountains along the way.

EricsBiscuit

We must be experiencing different queues when we ride Kali. I'll give you the ride for sure, it's lame as hell. But the queue is generally considered to be one of the best they've ever built. The level of detailing and place making and storytelling is insane. I've never found it to be any hotter than other outdoor queues, and there's even water fountains along the way.
I agree but I don't think the ride is lame as hell. It's not great. It's really average but the theming is great. It just needs more detail and kinetics.

Castle Cake Apologist

I agree but I don't think the ride is lame as hell. It's not great. It's really average but the theming is great. It just needs more detail and kinetics.

If everything that made it decent was still working, I would agree. It used to be a pretty nice ride and the show scene was legitimately cool when it had fire and smoke and the collapsing truck. But with all of the effects that have been cut over the years (i.e.: all of them), the ride is pretty sad nowadays to me. It's mostly a lot of floating by nothing until you go through a random charred forest with nothing going on and down a big drop that gets one person on the raft absolutely drenched and leaves everybody else bone dry.

Disneyhead'71

That one sounds like a stretch. Is the Shrek building even big enough to house something of that scale?
Nope. Complete demo/rebuild from the ground up. The ride has trackless ride vehicles, and over 50 AAs. Some of them on trackless bases that can move with and around the RVs. One really cool Tiberius (Red Tailed Hawk) AA that will appear to fly.

FoodRockz

If everything that made it decent was still working, I would agree. It used to be a pretty nice ride and the show scene was legitimately cool when it had fire and smoke and the collapsing truck. But with all of the effects that have been cut over the years (i.e.: all of them), the ride is pretty sad nowadays to me. It's mostly a lot of floating by nothing until you go through a random charred forest with nothing going on and down a big drop that gets one person on the raft absolutely drenched and leaves everybody else bone dry.
From what I recall, this is excellent summation. Counterpoint, I really enjoyed the cute scenes in Popeye at IoA recently. But every single individual takes a shower, it was intense.

PizzaPlanet

Nope. Complete demo/rebuild from the ground up. The ride has trackless ride vehicles, and over 50 AAs. Some of them on trackless bases that can move with and around the RVs. One really cool Tiberius (Red Tailed Hawk) AA that will appear to fly.
If this comes to fruition it will be amazing. It sounds like everything we've been wanting Universal to do in an attraction (dark ride, physical sets, AAs). I might even be interested enough to watch the movie. Btw is SLoP any good? I'm genuinely curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom