Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Seems to me like this must have been some sort of budgetary decision in regards to keeping the attraction in operation. If the intention is to just placehold this space until a future new attraction then why not just keep SGE running? Unless the perpetually low guest satisfaction scores were enough to finally convince them to just remove it from the park now and deal with a replacement later.

Because a meet and grope is cheap to run

aladdin2007

the scary part is TDO will see how easy/cheaper this is to operate as a meetngreet, call it popular, and then it becomes permanent or turned into something like what replaced snow whites adventures...same could be said for the tiki room if they go that route....thats what is bothering. Maybe Im jumping ahead since we dont really know anything, but just looking at the patterns.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Probably because Wreck It Ralph was a bad movie that has no place in Tomorrowland and VR is a terrible "ride system." Although, has thematically inappropriate IPs and cheapness ever stopped Disney before?

Well, aren't you a big scoop of sunshine!

WiR was never going to be VR. Fake News. I think it was Iger himself that said they're not going to do a VR attraction (as in everyone has their own VR headset).

TROR

Wreck It Ralph was not a bad movie.
Wreck It Ralph was a very bad movie and I refuse to allow anyone to try to convince me otherwise. From what I'm hearing about the sequel it's going to be even worse and just as "cringeworthy" as the Emoji Movie.

Well, aren't you a big scoop of sunshine!

WiR was never going to be VR. Fake News. I think it was Iger himself that said they're not going to do a VR attraction (as in everyone has their own VR headset).

Yeah I remember Iger saying that VR wouldn't be used in the parks (thank God) but I believe the Wreck It Ralph rumor had already been out for a few months, if not a year, before he ever made that statement.

Cmdr_Crimson

Probably because Wreck It Ralph was a bad movie that has no place in Tomorrowland and VR is a terrible "ride system." Although, has thematically inappropriate IPs and cheapness ever stopped Disney before?

Disneyquest's Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride & Ride the Comix were in the same vein of what it was going to be...But, it's also possible when they heard that Universal's Mario Kart Attraction was being built could be another reason....
nintendo_switch-2641.jpg

brb1006

Wreck It Ralph was a very bad movie and I refuse to allow anyone to try to convince me otherwise. From what I'm hearing about the sequel it's going to be even worse and just as "cringeworthy" as the Emoji Movie.

Yeah I remember Iger saying that VR wouldn't be used in the parks (thank God) but I believe the Wreck It Ralph rumor had already been out for a few months, if not a year, before he ever made that statement.
If Wreck It Ralph was bad, then tell me how they were able to get the approval from Nintendo,Sega and other video game companies to feature their characters?

No Name

If Wreck It Ralph was bad, then tell me how they were able to get the approval from Nintendo,Sega and other video game companies to feature their characters?

They made those deals too early in the movie's production for Nintendo, Sega, etc. to tell if it'd be good. The largely-panned Pixels and Emoji Movie both featured popular video game IP as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom