Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

gmajew

MK is in need for some added capacity for sure.... Yes the other parks are in need a ton as well but they have to keep adding to this park to keep the crowds balanced and to allow some of the older rides to go down for lengthy refurbs....

Space needs to be closed for 12-18 months... but to take that offline will be a huge issue in a park that does not have the capacity to eat up that traffic. As most people don't look to see what is closed before they come to the park!!

So if MK is going to get some love they need to add 2-3 new attractions ASAP! In disney terms 3-5 years to help them do what is needed and keep capacity and gain some!!

James Norrie

MK is in need for some added capacity for sure.... Yes the other parks are in need a ton as well but they have to keep adding to this park to keep the crowds balanced and to allow some of the older rides to go down for lengthy refurbs....

Space needs to be closed for 12-18 months... but to take that offline will be a huge issue in a park that does not have the capacity to eat up that traffic. As most people don't look to see what is closed before they come to the park!!

So if MK is going to get some love they need to add 2-3 new attractions ASAP! In disney terms 3-5 years to help them do what is needed and keep capacity and gain some!!
Agreed! When kids (apparently the target audience for WDW based on my limited engagement here on this forum - who knew??? :facepalm:) travel to WDW with their parents the main pull park-wise is MK. This is not just conjecture, it is evidenced by the Attendance rates and publicly released capacities of all of the parks. No matter what, it will always be the Big Show on property. Even if Space Goes Down for a year, the same number of guests will be coming through the tunnels into MSUSA. That's upwards of 25000 guests not riding that ride for a full day that now need to be disbursed to other attractions. Without building something new (2-3 somethings new), you will see more bottleneck in the queues, and less enjoyment. Guest satisfaction will spiral down, which in turn will equate to more fiasco PR-wise. TDO used to be good with planning forward instead of being reactionary, they went downhill for a little bit (See MK Planned Construction Phases (Looking at you WRE...)), came back to progressive in the Eisner years, and has fallen back to reactionary under Iger (although we do owe Pandora, SWL and TSL to this administration, so not too bad). But (and I hate to say this, I really do!), as long as people still vote with their wallet, and continue to stop in the DVC kiosks so blatantly disbursed every 10 feet, Burbank will continue to think their pixie dust is still magical to everyone...

Goofyernmost

Agreed! When kids (apparently the target audience for WDW based on my limited engagement here on this forum - who knew??? :facepalm:) travel to WDW with their parents the main pull park-wise is MK. This is not just conjecture, it is evidenced by the Attendance rates and publicly released capacities of all of the parks. No matter what, it will always be the Big Show on property. Even if Space Goes Down for a year, the same number of guests will be coming through the tunnels into MSUSA. That's upwards of 25000 guests not riding that ride for a full day that now need to be disbursed to other attractions. Without building something new (2-3 somethings new), you will see more bottleneck in the queues, and less enjoyment. Guest satisfaction will spiral down, which in turn will equate to more fiasco PR-wise. TDO used to be good with planning forward instead of being reactionary, they went downhill for a little bit (See MK Planned Construction Phases (Looking at you WRE...)), came back to progressive in the Eisner years, and has fallen back to reactionary under Iger (although we do owe Pandora, SWL and TSL to this administration, so not too bad). But (and I hate to say this, I really do!), as long as people still vote with their wallet, and continue to stop in the DVC kiosks so blatantly disbursed every 10 feet, Burbank will continue to think their pixie dust is still magical to everyone...
Plus we must remember that as far as Burbank is concerned they are not wrong. The people that are paying the bills are still seeing the magic and that is who Burbank is selling to. They aren't even attempting to sell to those of us that have been around, like me, for over thirty years because my days are numbered as far as being an active theme park visitor. They are focusing on the future big bucks. On the people that are still, due to lack of constant exposure, completely happy with what they see. Those that do not have a brain module that contains memories of what either used to be or what we perceived things to have been that they must now live up too. They are going after the new, easily impressed people with big wallets that can still be convinced that the magic is there. By the look of the numbers, it is indeed working quite well, no matter how much we protest about how it is all wrong.

RSoxNo1

The FLE continues to draw crowds. Ironically, if they had built the first version it may not have been as necessary to put Frozen in WS. But since they have started down that road I hope they continue.

Just my opinion that adding a brand new E Ticket to the MK could cause overwhelming crowds. So I think they are better off adding a new E to Epcot first.
Why would the first version mean no Frozen in World Showcase?

Speedy71

Well they definitely skimped on the last major refurb and it really was a shame. I get what you're saying about MK's track layout being superior, but that's really the only advantage. When you factor in that the track quality is still inferior to Disneyland's glass smooth track, it's hard to make any argument for MK's version.

You and @marni1971 are right though. It SHOULD be the best one in the world.

I'll just leave this right here...

Speedy71

What are you accomplishing here?

Well you said that MK's track layout is the only advantage that is has. I respectfully disagree the entrance queue and exit also can be considered a advantage(the video that you see before you). Although I will give credit to DL's version the music and effects are fantastic far superior than MK's.

DL

MK(barely can hear on ride.)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Because they're willing to spend $1 billion on Avatar but not willing to spend money to fix the yeti. Stop looking for logic, it's not there.
Actually, it is logic, just not logic that we want to accept. It isn't our logic it is business and even show logic. The amount of money invested in its development and creation was enough to let us retire comfortably for a long time. It broke and very quickly they found out that people went for the ride not the damn Yeti. If that weren't true it would have closed a long time ago. The found out that they could spend another small fortune to bring it back to the original intent and not gain a damn thing other then the admiration of a few that think they should do it. New riders are not even aware of what was intended and most of the original riders don't really care, so, if I were a betting man, what we currently (very briefly) see is all we are ever going to get.

Mike S

Actually, it is logic, just not logic that we want to accept. It isn't our logic it is business and even show logic. The amount of money invested in its development and creation was enough to let us retire comfortably for a long time. It broke and very quickly they found out that people went for the ride not the damn Yeti. If that weren't true it would have closed a long time ago. The found out that they could spend another small fortune to bring it back to the original intent and not gain a damn thing other then the admiration of a few that think they should do it. New riders are not even aware of what was intended and most of the original riders don't really care, so, if I were a betting man, what we currently (very briefly) see is all we are ever going to get.
The old Disney would've fixed it anyway because of its huge part in the show whether people knew it was supposed to move or not. They had a commitment to a top quality product whereas today's Disney is more, "they're tourists, what do they know? It's good enough."

Btw we're getting close to exactly 10 years since I saw the working Yeti. That's just plain disgusting.

jt04

Why would the first version mean no Frozen in World Showcase?

IMO...

The FLE has been too successful and I think dispersing crowds throughout all the parks is a priority. So to draw guests from the MK to Epcot they choose Frozen. Which includes a M&G that is very FLE 1.0-ish.

I also think this it is a major factor in the Studios getting TSL rather than RSR as was rumored. It will have the effect of pulling younger families away from the MK.

The choice to go from FLE 1.0 to FLE 2.0 has had a major domino effect on the parks. Not to mention Disney management.

Personally though, I think the 'unintended consequences' are working out magnificently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom