Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Any Stitch replacement that may or may not happen wouldn't be a "people eater"
From what I have heard, this is in part true. While the replacement is by no means going to be a people eater on a Mansion level, it is supposed to raise the current hourly capacity of stitch (which, to my knowledge, is 1080 ideally), significantly. Also, keep in mind that Stitch is by no means fulfilling its already designated capacity due to a lack of popularity, hence the main purpose of this attraction, is to be interesting, and actually draw people in.
I understand if you can't say anything about it, but do you know if it will be an IP or something original to fit in the original theme of Tomorrowland?
Sadly this attraction, like all things in the WDI pipeline (sans Miss Fortune Falls), is based on an IP. And whether or not it fits with the Tommorowland theme... That is up to interpretation.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's nice to hear that Stitch is being looked at for a replacement -- man, that attraction misses the mark -- but I do hope they look at actually add attractions to MK to increase capacity given how the park is busting at the seems. There's plenty of space for more rides in the park without having to close existing things.
But that costs more money...something that Disney just does not have.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From what I have heard, this is in part true. While the replacement is by no means going to be a people eater on a Mansion level, it is supposed to raise the current hourly capacity of stitch (which, to my knowledge, is 1080 ideally), significantly..

I don't know.... from what I can make out this won't be able to handle the rush. Especially with guests dropping their glasses on the way out...

It'll be interesting to see how this ends up. It's no AE and is more IP nails but it could be entertaining.

DinoInstitute

BTW, I guess we are seeing what the $350M allotted to MK might be going at least partially towards (new paint in TL and a Stitch replacement).
Would there still be enough in the budget for a new ride in Tomorrowland/Frontierland that was rumored a while ago in the 50th thread? I don't know if anything major like that is in the works but it would be nice.

Last edited:

MayorLionheart

It could be the Stitch Encounter that is in Shanghai: Turtle Talk with Crush, but with Stitch.

I don't think it will be the Big Hero 6 Tokyo attraction because 1) I doubt the space could hold that and 2) it's the same ride system of the new Green Alien ride in TSL.

wdwfan4ver

Just out of curiosity...what makes a monster "futuristic"?

As opposed to a modern day monster or a monster from days gone by.
It is caused by the setting in terms of if a Monster is futuristic aka space aliens. What I meant by Futuristic monsters is Space Aliens. Space Aliens is part of science fiction. Science Fiction in general is lumped together in terms being a future that never was. Sitich is considered a Space Alien and is part of a future that never was.

The monsters in Monsters Inc. are not futuristic due to how they were used in the movie. The Monsters in Monsters inc. is under fantasy like dragons are. Monsters in people's dreams have been around for a long time in fantasy setting.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
I don't know.... from what I can make out this won't be able to handle the rush. Especially with guests dropping their glasses on the way out...

It'll be interesting to see how this ends up. It's no AE and is more IP nails but it could be entertaining.

That is true, forgot to take that into account. I still would say we will see a decent increase in capacity, even with the constraints. I'd expect a capacity between that of Splash and Philharmagic (probably closer to Philharmagic).
And I definitely agree this could be quite entertaining, I am just being a bit cautious about it, and waiting to see how it turns out.

wdwfan4ver

It could be the Stitch Encounter that is in Shanghai: Turtle Talk with Crush, but with Stitch.

I don't think it will be the Big Hero 6 Tokyo attraction because 1) I doubt the space could hold that and 2) it's the same ride system of the new Green Alien ride in TSL.
I didn't mention the attraction for Big Hero 6 in Tomorrowland would be the same same as Tokyo's. What I was trying to say on my previous post was Big Hero 6 could be used as a different type of an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom