Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

The Aracuan Bird

Biggest shock of the chart for me is that Splash does not make the top 10 cut for the Teen category, but Mad Tea Party, Jungle Cruise and PhilharMagic do.

Splash is on the chart for all other age groups excluding Pre-Schoolers (which makes sense given the height requirement).
That’s not surprising in the slightest. Teens use Twitter 😏

The Aracuan Bird

Fair point. It got a whole area dedicated to it (Pixar Place) and top billing, replicated in other parks, regular upkeep etc. Meanwhile Buzz just sits with his woefully outdated rear-projected face.
Yep. It’s also one of the few instances where modern technology has greatly improved upon a type of attraction experience. Which makes sense considering video game shooters replaced the old arcade shooter before Buzz even rolled onto the scene.

It would be interesting to see a ride that combines the physical sets of Buzz and gameplay of Mania. Maybe achieved with projection mapping? That might be what the Spider-Man ride ends up as in California. Guess we’ll see.

owlsandcoffee

Yep. It’s also one of the few instances where modern technology has greatly improved upon a type of attraction experience. Which makes sense considering video game shooters replaced the old arcade shooter before Buzz even rolled onto the scene.

It would be interesting to see a ride that combines the physical sets of Buzz and gameplay of Mania. Maybe achieved with projection mapping? That might be what the Spider-Man ride ends up as in California. Guess we’ll see.

That would be fantastic. I'd expect that to be what they do, maybe in 5-10 years. Might need to pull some tricks to make it feel faster.

owlsandcoffee

One has to wonder if Disney is already considering repackaging Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin to coincide with Pixar’s next years release of Lightyear.

I would assume some plans are in the works. Depends fully on the success of the movie. If it bombs those plans get put in the archives with Plectu's Intergalactic Revue.

Sharon&Susan

Just curious is Laugh Floor space bigger than what Great Escape uses? Could make Laugh Floor a dark ride like what they did with all the other old Circle Vision theaters world wide and turn Great Escape into a new venue for Laugh Floor or some new theater show.

owlsandcoffee

Just curious is Laugh Floor space bigger than what Great Escape uses? Could make Laugh Floor a dark ride like what they did with all the other old Circle Vision theaters world wide and turn Great Escape into a new venue for Laugh Floor or some new theater show.

They're comparable in size, although I think if you include everything that isn't Cosmic Ray's the GE space is bigger. I've been fiddling around with those layouts for a while and can probably answer that question better later.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Pardon the crudeness - I`ve been having new PC migration issues but here`s a size comparison someone asked about. Not taking into account structural issues like support beams and the like.

View attachment 553961

Bocabear

There is also a HUGE expansion pad that used to be the Galaxy Theater and is now a parking lot... If they really wanted to add another attraction, the space is there... without having to tear out Laugh Floor...though honestly I would rather see a circle vision attraction back in the Circle Vision Theater... What about a circle vision Hubble Telescope Galaxy tour? Something actually space and future themed... Plus a new Dark Ride theme to anything but Monsters Inc and Toy Story...

Max Duane

There is also a HUGE expansion pad that used to be the Galaxy Theater and is now a parking lot... If they really wanted to add another attraction, the space is there... without having to tear out Laugh Floor...though honestly I would rather see a circle vision attraction back in the Circle Vision Theater... What about a circle vision Hubble Telescope Galaxy tour? Something actually space and future themed... Plus a new Dark Ride theme to anything but Monsters Inc and Toy Story...
Disney+ has a lot of NatGeo content, so maybe they could get a decent film about space from there. Interject Wall-E or some IP as a “host” to introduce the movie if they have to, but it’d be a nice little replacement to escape the heat.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Here's a couple Disney related IP's that I could think headlining a replacement show for SGE:
-Flight of the Navigator
-DreamFinder presents...
-WallE presents...
-Big Hero 6
-A Wrinkle in Time characters
-Artemis Fowl

I wonder thou if a replacement for SGE will come online before a Space Mountain refurb happens?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom