Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

rle4lunch

everyone misses the point of them. Its for kids who this is their first try at driving, ive never seen a kid get off of it without a huge smile. Replace the motors, thats fine, go electric. But it shouldnt go away.
Kids love it, even if we always have to end the statement with a but, about our opinion because we drive everyday at much faster speeds with no guide rails.

btw not an attack on the poster, this seems to be the general consensus

no, i get it. i loved it when i was the same age as my son. he immediately wanted to go again. but when it's 94 degrees, wearing dumb a $$ masks (outdoors no less), with no shade, stopping every 20 ft because of some jack a SS in front of you that (40 year old even) that can't figure out the gas pedal, well, it's just terrible. the things we do for our kids... lol

ppete1975

could they fit in a star tours style ride(size wise)? then you could theme it to anything maybe even black box it.

or make it a ned from outer space talk show with a video you could easily swap out with whatever IP or movie is coming out that disney is trying to push. Oh ned is now interviewing chris pratt and then interviewing emma stone (would keep it fresh by changing the dialogue every few months)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Mark my words, they're eventually going to find a way to monetize the Little Mermaid queue some day by converting most of it into a shop or restaurant.
I see your point but I'm not sure how they could. It's not a very big space.
Make it a walking/eating walk-through/eat-through attraction, and call it "Be Our Quest." Most people won't notice the difference, and they'll be able to charge chateaubriand prices for corn dogs and burgers-on-a-stick.

As for the Stitch holes, I don't know why they don't just put a couple of small spinners in there... maybe even two used Gravitrons.

doctornick

or make it a ned from outer space talk show with a video you could easily swap out with whatever IP or movie is coming out that disney is trying to push. Oh ned is now interviewing chris pratt and then interviewing emma stone (would keep it fresh by changing the dialogue every few months)

I’ve mentioned it before, but I think Earth to Ned would be perfect for a new show in the Laugh Floor space and fit better with Tomorrowland

UNCgolf

everyone misses the point of them. Its for kids who this is their first try at driving, ive never seen a kid get off of it without a huge smile. Replace the motors, thats fine, go electric. But it shouldnt go away.
Kids love it, even if we always have to end the statement with a but, about our opinion because we drive everyday at much faster speeds with no guide rails.

btw not an attack on the poster, this seems to be the general consensus

The problem is that kids can do that all over the country. There's no need for it at the Magic Kingdom.

I suppose the rails is helpful for a very small kid, but there are plenty of go-kart tracks that have dual parent/child cars so the parent can take control if necessary. There's a small one near my family beach house with kids as young as 4 or 5 in the dual cars. It feels like a waste of space at the MK that could be used for something actually unique to Disney.

Last edited:

aliceismad

most go karts are faster and for taller riders. Speedway is the first chance for lots of little ones to "drive"
That's fair. My kid got one of those dumb battery-powered ride-on minicars from her grandfather for Christmas that she adored, so she thought Speedway was fun but kinda boring with the rail and whatnot.

ImperfectPixie

Nope, it lived in Carsland in DCA. My family and I actually liked ramming into each other but I believe it was plagued by tech issues.
Sheesh. I've been involved in the Disney fan community for a relatively long time and I've never heard of that one...you learn something new every day!

TwilightZone

Minority opinion, I guess, but I still like Buzz.

My family does, too. We split into 2 teams of 2 and try to beat each other.
I like buzz but I do think a retheme could be good for it. Maybe if IP you could do stitch, since after all he has laser guns as well. Or retheme the guns to be "alien catchers" to help rescue Stitch's cousins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom