Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

tcool123

Hey Disney was thinking ahead for Covid with Mermaid’s queue! Every time I go mermaid is about 20 to 35 minutes but the line uses the ENTIRE Mermaid queue and portions of Ariel’s Grotto. The rest of Ariels Grotto was used for the exit really odd to pass by giant boxes over the various clamshells where Ariel would sit

JD80

I wonder why they didn't fully commit and stick with the retro-aesthetic. It will always be Yesterday's Tomorrowland, but at least they make it a fun theme by intentionally owning it, rather than the march of time always making it pitifully outdated.

I could see a more eco themed overlay working, though. Switch the Speedway cars to electric models, and plant more trees. This would at least bring some much-needed shade to the land, both in Florida and California.

The retro theme is kind of hokey if you ask me. Not sure how many kids would identify with it.

If done correctly it could be cool. I mean I wouldn't mind the whole land with some kind of TRON aesthetic.

rle4lunch

Tell you what, the new speedway route is so short, and the cars are so antiquated, I'm ready for it to leave. My 6 year old loved it last week, but it was way too hot (devoid of shade), too cluttered with dummies driving that you couldn't even get the car up to speed for more than 5 seconds, and overall pretty miserable.

Last edited:

J4546

tear out autopia and nemo in DL and redo that entire quadrant of the park with a fantasy land theme (frozen or BatB) that can blend in with the aesthetic of matterhorn to creat a fully immersive experience.

Keep autopia in MK, but electrify it, retheme to blend in with tron, add trees/shade, and extend concrete pathways from tron area to overlook the track from a few feet above. Clear fencing, cool lighting, you could really make the track area a cool viewing experience with the tron coaster behind you. maybe even add a a bit to the track with a loop at one of the corners, either way, im all for keeping it in MK

doctornick

Indoor version of Jetpacks from Shanghai.
Not a bad idea but not much point considering Astro orbiter is right next door. Also part of the value of those types of spinners is the kinetics for the park and being able to see the sights of the park while you ride. (As an aside, I’ve thought the jet packs would be a nice addition to Epcot near M:S)

In the same vein though, what about an indoor version of the Big Hero 6 ride from Tokyo? That would at least be a new ride system for MK.

IMDREW

Mermaid's queue in Orlando...
  • has interactive screens that
    • are a speed bump in the queue causing congestion
    • too high up for children to participate in... in a Mermaid ride... mostly for children
  • has leaks from the ceiling (last time I was there)
  • very, very long and almost always empty... people are voting with their feet... this is a pass
Say what you will about Mermaid. It's one of the only rides in WDW that has constantly welcomed me to ride with a short to no wait. Thats worth a lot at WDW!

Is this the consensus view? I always thought Little Mermaid was pretty solid, and our kids love it. Ursula is definitely a highlight.
We were looking forward to it but found it disappointing. Granted, our kids were older than the target ages by the time it opened. I find it puzzling that they didn't make it a water ride. Cost, I assume?

ppete1975

My 6 year old loved it last week, but
everyone misses the point of them. Its for kids who this is their first try at driving, ive never seen a kid get off of it without a huge smile. Replace the motors, thats fine, go electric. But it shouldnt go away.
Kids love it, even if we always have to end the statement with a but, about our opinion because we drive everyday at much faster speeds with no guide rails.

btw not an attack on the poster, this seems to be the general consensus

aliceismad

In the same vein though, what about an indoor version of the Big Hero 6 ride from Tokyo? That would at least be a new ride system for MK.
I would love this.

Aesthetically, I wish they would go retro or a steampunk-y Jules Verne-type thing like Paris has. I've only seen it in pictures but it just looks so cool and "futuristic" but also timeless.

aliceismad

everyone misses the point of them. Its for kids who this is their first try at driving, ive never seen a kid get off of it without a huge smile. Replace the motors, thats fine, go electric. But it shouldnt go away.
Kids love it, even if we always have to end the statement with a but, about our opinion because we drive everyday at much faster speeds with no guide rails.

btw not an attack on the poster, this seems to be the general consensus
Yeah, but most areas have go kart tracks nearby now. I don't think the speedway has the same allure or special-ness that it once did. It's just so much space for a one-and-done kind of ride that doesn't even fit in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom