Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

UNCgolf

As mentioned though, the Incredicoaster in DCA has a 48" height restriction, same as RNR. Also Toy Story Land mainstay RC Racer has a 47" restriction.

I think both Toy Story and the Incredibles have far more appeal for older fans than Cars (I would say the Toy Story movies, especially the newer ones, are geared towards adults as much as they are to children).

Josh Hendy

Listen, if the ride ends up being wreck it ralph, and you have to use a controller, I ain't goin! Im not touching a controller thousands of adults or kids touched. Nu uh. Not after this virus.
Ewwww you reminded me, the last time I rode Jurassic Park River Adventure a passenger before me had deliberately left a huge gob of spit on the big cushioned bumper right in front of my face. What a pig. I will never visit a theme park during a contagious disease outbreak, ever, no matter how many precautions they claim to be taking.

Even if there isn't a controller there is nearly always a harness, handle or something you have no choice but to touch and there is no way Disney is going to hire a squad of cleaners to disinfect every vehicle on every ride cycle. Thousands of gallons of disinfectant and millions of sterile wipes per day?
20200329_212141.jpg

homerdance

They'd have to gut it and build a new ride to turn it into Cars, too. Otherwise you're eliminating a huge portion of the fan base. It really wouldn't be a good idea to retheme it to any Pixar property, but the Incredibles is probably the best option.
I personally believe the "IP" associated with a ride is not that important. If a ride is good, it is good regardless of the IP(or lack there of). Having it tied to a good IP will only go so far, cause if a ride sucks, it sucks.

UNCgolf

I personally believe the "IP" associated with a ride is not that important. If a ride is good, it is good regardless of the IP(or lack there of). Having it tied to a good IP will only go so far, cause if a ride sucks, it sucks.

I mostly agree. I don't think any ride needs IP to be good. In fact, I think it's probably easier to build a great ride when a designer isn't constrained by IP, although it's also probably easier to build a decent ride with IP because the IP can provide a boost to the ride. Frozen Ever After is a good example of the latter -- if all the characters were replaced by generic figures and songs we didn't already know, it would be an absolutely horrendous ride because there's really nothing to it (no plot etc.) beyond "hey look it's Frozen characters and Frozen songs!". The ride only works (to the extent it does) because of the Frozen IP.

Regardless, I'm not talking about what I personally want. I'm talking about what Disney would want from a marketing and overall customer satisfaction standpoint.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@danlb_2000 found a permit for this the other day

DisneyTalks

Disneyworlds Tomorrowland really needs a redo. Its now some weird hybrid of the 90s tomorrowland and the 70s one. That area of the land really needs a big refresh with not only the look of it but the rides that are in it as well.

aladdin2007

Disneyworlds Tomorrowland really needs a redo. Its now some weird hybrid of the 90s tomorrowland and the 70s one. That area of the land really needs a big refresh with not only the look of it but the rides that are in it as well.

Just like stitch here they cant seem to come up with what to do with their Tomorrowland. There is just no vision anymore sadly.

DisneyTalks

Just like stitch here they cant seem to come up with what to do with their Tomorrowland. There is just no vision anymore sadly.
You know, I was actually looking over the history of Tomorrowland, and I never knew that George Lucas ,at one point, was asked for his version of a Tomorrowland that actually looked futuristic.
lucasport-cover3.jpg

Now design wise, it does fit the name, "Tomorrowland", just as well as this concept which was made in the 50s, envisioning what it should look like.

1997etmwrmreljpg.jpg

All in all, i think the concepts that they have for these, really make me yearn for something like this now. Just based off these 2 concepts, (even the 50s one, which looks way ahead of its time) I hope influences what a new tomorrowland would look like. Although I'd love for Space mountain to stay there, I wish they could expand the area.

HanSoloDolo

You know, I was actually looking over the history of Tomorrowland, and I never knew that George Lucas ,at one point, was asked for his version of a Tomorrowland that actually looked futuristic.
View attachment 475548
Now design wise, it does fit the name, "Tomorrowland", just as well as this concept which was made in the 50s, envisioning what it should look like.

View attachment 475549
All in all, i think the concepts that they have for these, really make me yearn for something like this now. Just based off these 2 concepts, (even the 50s one, which looks way ahead of its time) I hope influences what a new tomorrowland would look like. Although I'd love for Space mountain to stay there, I wish they could expand the area.
In the George Lucas Tomorrowland there was going to be, if I remember correctly, a country bear style musical review with aliens. Any future version of Tomorrowland must include that.

Robbiem

View attachment 475548

View attachment 475549

is it me or does the second picture look like the emerald city from wizard of oz?

lazyboy97o

The stitch area is an insult...prime space and zero guest experience. Dollar for dollar, it’s the most expensive area that is returning no sales or use. Turn it into a damn shop, ride, or restaurant.

I feel the same way about the Tomorrowland terrace.
It really is amazing that the world’s most visited theme park has abandoned and underutilized dining, retail and attraction space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom