Stitch's Great Escape Goes Seasonal

UpAllNight

Does the fact they feel it necessary to open this during busy periods, act as an acknowledgement that Magic Kingdom does not have the required capacity?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does the fact they feel it necessary to open this during busy periods, act as an acknowledgement that Magic Kingdom does not have the required capacity?

The MK's capacity can be seen during Christmas week when they start turning people away. At that point there's an hour wait just for the restrooms.

So, if you're there during Spring Break or Easter or the summer and it's packed... that's still far off from capacity.

Now, one can argue that that is still way too many people, but when you sell tickets that can be used anytime, you're loathe to turn people away simply because too many customers decided to all show up at the same time. Imagine if you arrive at 10 AM on a summer weekend and you're told, "Sorry, too many of our lines have an hour wait, so, we're not letting you in... we're at capacity."

So, then, one would say, "build more rides." And when they do, more people arrive and the wait times are the same, and guests clamor that they need 'more capacity.' And so they build three more parks and two water parks drawing tens of millions of people... and MK is still slammed.

The problem is a large majority of guests visiting at the same time instead of distributing themselves evenly throughout the year. Sure, you open up everything you can when that happens, but it will never be enough if the guests keep 'peaking' and 'surging' on you. And that's why WDW prices go up so much while they keep discounting off season so much.... to try to distribute crowds evenly.

But when national holidays and school breaks sync up... there will never be enough capacity for a whole nation vacationing at the same time.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Looks like I'll be doing at least one more(or two)encounter(s) with Stitch, i'm ready to be split, burped by, and survive one of my favorite Disney characters again(last time I've done this, I was 10)

Mark P.

Stitch reopens for Easter: April 10th through the 19th. Who knows after that...
Either I missed it this week or they didn't actually end up reopening it when we were there on the 10th. The queue area was still just being used for stroller parking.

wdwgreek

The MK's capacity can be seen during Christmas week when they start turning people away. At that point there's an hour wait just for the restrooms.

So, if you're there during Spring Break or Easter or the summer and it's packed... that's still far off from capacity.

Now, one can argue that that is still way too many people, but when you sell tickets that can be used anytime, you're loathe to turn people away simply because too many customers decided to all show up at the same time. Imagine if you arrive at 10 AM on a summer weekend and you're told, "Sorry, too many of our lines have an hour wait, so, we're not letting you in... we're at capacity."

So, then, one would say, "build more rides." And when they do, more people arrive and the wait times are the same, and guests clamor that they need 'more capacity.' And so they build three more parks and two water parks drawing tens of millions of people... and MK is still slammed.

The problem is a large majority of guests visiting at the same time instead of distributing themselves evenly throughout the year. Sure, you open up everything you can when that happens, but it will never be enough if the guests keep 'peaking' and 'surging' on you. And that's why WDW prices go up so much while they keep discounting off season so much.... to try to distribute crowds evenly.

But when national holidays and school breaks sync up... there will never be enough capacity for a whole nation vacationing at the same time.
When Swiss Family Tree house has its queue being used, I know its way to busy.

Bacon

The idea of turning an attraction into a queue.
giphy.gif

Calm Down Rover

I went on Stich during my spring break it my first time since I was a kid, I just have to say the AA is super impressive. For hating the ride so much, I forgot how many admirable elements it has. Great use of AA's, and coherent/ immersive story, yet an awful script hampers it.

Having rewatched the show on YouTube after several years of skipping it, I was really struck by how the dialogue is not JUST irritating and condescending, it also just plain doesn't match the tone of the original film. Though it can be a little annoying when attractions lift dialogue directly from the movies that inspired them (the Seas with Nemo being one of the worst offenders in my opinion, since it's supposed to take place after the movie), at least that strategy spares us from excruciating lines like "I just oiled myself" and "Nothing impossible for Stitch!" (how does he even know his name??? He hasn't even met Lilo yet! UGH).

HonorableMention

Having rewatched the show on YouTube after several years of skipping it, I was really struck by how the dialogue is not JUST irritating and condescending, it also just plain doesn't match the tone of the original film. Though it can be a little annoying when attractions lift dialogue directly from the movies that inspired them (the Seas with Nemo being one of the worst offenders in my opinion, since it's supposed to take place after the movie), at least that strategy spares us from excruciating lines like "I just oiled myself" and "Nothing impossible for Stitch!" (how does he even know his name??? He hasn't even met Lilo yet! UGH).
Coming from a movie with an alien that picks his nose and eats it and swears at the authorities, I don't think the "oiled myself" line is too out of place. Honestly though, I think you have to look at SGE as an alternate Lilo and Stitch universe, or else you would drive yourself crazy picking out all of the plot holes. A lot of the show's script issues probably could have been fixed with little effort too, but oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom