Stitch Escape to feature Skippy!!!!!

SirGoofy

I'm really glad to hear that Skippy and S.I.R. are going to be included in SGE.

P.S. Does anyone have a site where I can find a movie of the original JII. I miss Dream Finder... :(

1disneydood

Something I've always been curious about A:E...

If they had the signs stating it was scary, and if castmembers were letting parents know it's scary, and since it always had a line, why take it down? They warned you, right? So if your child gets scared, IT'S YOUR FAULT , not WDW. I mean, so they build stitch. Does the removal of A:E and replacing it with stich mean that WDW will make much more money? I don't think A:E and/ or stitch attraction will make a big difference in attendance, right?

Did A:E take away from park attendance?
Will Stitch have the park earning much more?
I'd never remove it just cause people complained. They were warned, so it's their fault they weren't smart enough to listen. Maybe if they were scared enough times, they wouldn't go in the scary attraction.

They don't close universal because it's scary for kids on halloween, right? If a kid gets scared, tough luck, too bad, sorry kid. Since you are a minor, your parents should have kept you out, so it's their fault.

ToT scares my boy, are they gonna close it?

It feels like "aduld discrimination". Just cause it scares the kiddies, let's let take it down. Ya'll should know nothing in life is scary. :rolleyes: Let's let these kids go through life with their security blanket until they get married. :rolleyes:

KimPossible

Ok everyone here are a few things i want to run by you.

1.) I am very excited about stitch because i'd really love some merchandise for adults with him on it. I also think that he is a huge hit for the company and i'd really like to see him in his own attraction.
However, I will miss alien encounter. When it first opened i was in grade school and i have to say that it scared me like crazy, bu i grew to love the ride and made certain to make a number of visits to the ride each trip.

2.) Looking back at imagination with dreamfinder i feel that yes, i do miss it, but i like the way it is now (except for the part with the skunk) You have to admit its better now that the last time they changed it, Always remember it could be worse (meaning no figment)

3.) Overall there are things at the park that everyone loves and everyone hates. Things people will never go on, things they grow to love, and things they'd rather see gone, but i truly believe that as long as walt's spirit still remains within the parks, meaning his dreams, ideas, and imagination, then we will all still hold WDW near and dear to our hearts.

P.S. BUT!!!!! God help them if they ever remove the Carousel of Progress
:animwink:

mikesenger

------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------

just think of all the merchandise sales that they will get from a stitch shop hooked directly to the stitch ride. so yes, they will earn more.

mikesenger

dxwwf3

Originally posted by 1disneydood

If they had the signs stating it was scary, and if castmembers were letting parents know it's scary, and since it always had a line, why take it down? They warned you, right? So if your child gets scared, IT'S YOUR FAULT , not WDW. I mean, so they build stitch. Does the removal of A:E and replacing it with stich mean that WDW will make much more money? I don't think A:E and/ or stitch attraction will make a big difference in attendance, right?

I'd never remove it just cause people complained. They were warned, so it's their fault they weren't smart enough to listen. Maybe if they were scared enough times, they wouldn't go in the scary attraction.

They don't close universal because it's scary for kids on halloween, right? If a kid gets scared, tough luck, too bad, sorry kid. Since you are a minor, your parents should have kept you out, so it's their fault.

It feels like "aduld discrimination". Just cause it scares the kiddies, let's let take it down. Ya'll should know nothing in life is scary. :rolleyes: Let's let these kids go through life with their security blanket until they get married. :rolleyes:

Great Post! I agree with everything you said. Some people use the argument that AE didn't fit into the theme of the Magic Kingdom and I can see where they are coming from. But at the same time I think it fit Tomorowland better than any attraction that has ever been there.

And for the record I found AE to be more hilarious than scary. Some of my most memorable visits were because of other people's reactions. And to me it seemed that about 90% of the exiting audience had a smile on their face when leaving the chamber. I just hope SGE will have the same effect on people.

1disneydood

I hope so. Although I know the thrill will be achieved in different ways. It was scary, even though it didn't scare some of us. I mean dark, with an alien that was going to eat you.:lol:

Stitch will be "kid friendly". That's not a bad thing, but there's no way they can have complete darkness and suggestions of being eaten or hurt while being kid friendly. I love stitch, I know I'll love the attraction. But removing A:E takes away from the "adult thrill" that some of us like. It was a break from cartoons and dolls singing all day. ;)

I LOVE WDW, but I like the artistic aspect not the kiddy aspect. ;)

Sir Hiss527

This is great news!! I walked passed AE yesterday, and it still looked the same, with all the signs on the outside, etc. Now of course Skippy won't be in the same form right? Will he will be a different color, and totally look different?

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Now of course Skippy won't be in the same form right? Will he will be a different color, and totally look different?

WELL HE BETTER BE IN THE SAME FORM :lol:

I know they sent the "Skin" to Lucas but they can create a replica easily. And if he looks different that totally defeats the purpose of the "Cameo" (as it was stated in the article). By gosh they better call him Skippy too :lol:

General Grizz

I know how that feels. While it was cool to see the Milk appear in Food Rocks, he was STILL Mr. Dairy Goods and NOT the Milk Police! Nonetheless, we saw Food Rocks one more time to say goodbye to him. :)

And I think Horizons should get more justice than being in the center of the world's largest drying machine. Seriously, now. DVDs...area music.

testtracker

Originally posted by 1disneydood
If they had the signs stating it was scary, and if castmembers were letting parents know it's scary, and since it always had a line, why take it down? They warned you, right? So if your child gets scared, IT'S YOUR FAULT , not WDW.
I mean, so they build stitch. Does the removal of A:E and replacing it with stich mean that WDW will make much more money? I don't think A:E and/ or stitch attraction will make a big difference in attendance, right?

Very true but all those idiots who were warned still end up blaming the CM's or the closest person they can find. Unfortuantly, these people as most know killed AE. :cry:

JBoogie

What's the talk of making the Haunted Mansion into Nightmare Before Christmas? Why would Disney mess with a classic ride?!?!?! It would be like changing Pirates..., Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Dumbo.....WHY WHY WHY? Someone please tell me this isn't going to happen! I would like to see Nightmare...have it's own ride, that would be cool. But don't change Haunted Mansion!

General Grizz

Not this year...it was a plan to TEMPORARILY change it to the Haunted Mansion Holiday featuring Skellington from October-December. They do it at Disneyland yearly.

But no, I agree. NO permanent NBC in HM whatsoever.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by JBoogie
What's the talk of making the Haunted Mansion into Nightmare Before Christmas? Why would Disney mess with a classic ride?!?!?! It would be like changing Pirates..., Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Dumbo.....WHY WHY WHY? Someone please tell me this isn't going to happen! I would like to see Nightmare...have it's own ride, that would be cool. But don't change Haunted Mansion!

Amen to that. Any idea when Stich is supposed to open?

Djali999

I'm not adverse to Stitch. I'm witholding judgement until I see the thing myself. I was never to attatched to Alien anyway, although I do think it was an integral part of the 'new' Tomorrowland.

face it: Alien was probably the most frequently complained about thing at Magic Kingdom. people have no-one to blame but themselves if their kids couldn't take it, but there's nothing worse than an upset guest with a brawling kid. it can get real, real ugly.

I doubt it'll be too "kiddie". although I've heard that anxiety voiced before, kiddie does not equal lame, especially at Disney. we just gotta have faith and wait for it.

as far as Stitch increasing park attendance: you bet it will. a good ad campaign and a major rollout? no doubt about it. will it make the park more money? you can be assured of it.

sometime in the future a Stitch cart will appear in Tomorrowland. this is confirmed, yes. imagine how much Stitch merchandise Tomorrowland moves in a day. now imagine how much more Stitch merchandise we can move in a day if we add a cart. scary, isn't it?

or, to put it another way: anybody ever see those Stitch character hats? it was the upper portion of Stitch's head. we sold out of them almost immediatley. as in, the warehouse has zero.

got to see the plans for Mickey's Star Traders, btw. it will be cool when it's opened, although a lot will depend on colors and lighting to avoid making it look like, well, the Disney store.

Journey Into Imagination: 1.0 > (2.0 < 3.0)

Djali999

Originally posted by GoofyFan1
I still say don't mess with HM at all!

you know, I've been thinking about this, and as much as I'd love to see HMH at WDW, I think they may be making a serious miscalculation.

I mean, DL has so many APs that it's used by the locals much like how you and I would use, say, a village green or something. so HMH can only win by drawing those crowds back for something new.

whereas WDW thrives on first-timers and visitors who return annually or bi-annually. usually at the same time of year. for Christmas.

now, mind you, HMH is wonderful. and it will be better for the 'real' attraction in the long run. but I bet it's gonna put some guest relations people in a hard spot....

dxwwf3

I can sorta see where you guys are coming from about the HMH. I'd love to see it but I too am not totally sold on the idea of it packing in more crowds. But I am also definately not sold on Stitch's Great Escape bringing in huge crowds by itself either. Sure it will sell alot of merchandise and have huge lines for the first couple of years but as far as bringing people into the park just because of SGE, seems a little far fetched to me. This is just like Alien Encounter also. I don't think crowds were increased because of it. Right now I think the only attractions that can boost crowds by themselves are thrill RIDES. For example when Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Mission Space opened.

WDWhumanmap

no its all true and not a rumor skippy as welll as sir are back in stitch's great escape they are going to be the head of the security experiment to teach us how to handle stitch sort of going along with the original aec thing this was all offical news stated in the last disney insider guide and DVC members guide along with the disney magazine article.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by WDWhumanmap
no its all true and not a rumor skippy as welll as sir are back in stitch's great escape they are going to be the head of the security experiment to teach us how to handle stitch sort of going along with the original aec thing this was all offical news stated in the last disney insider guide and DVC members guide along with the disney magazine article.

Hey as long as they call them S.I.R. and Skippy, I'm all for it. If they wanted to get really creative they could have a backstory of how S.I.R. used to work for some company called "XS-Tech" but after the company went bankrupt he got a job as a security guard. Come on Disney this won't be hard to do and it will put a smile on the face of legions of AE fans :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom